Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 17, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #5,911 of 11,644
Ah, ic. This would be a problem for me as my only source is a cd player with digital optical - time to start shopping around again :D

Btw, did you get to try on Type (B) pads or any other pads for that matter for the harsh treble with the Type A pad?

You can refer to my comment in the PH thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/696821/reviews-impressions-thread-final-audio-design-pandora-hope-vi-interesting-dynamic-ba-full-size-headphones/1275#post_11925848

Sep 19, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #5,912 of 11,644
I bought a set of Piano Forte IX from here but the right driver is buzzing and most likely needs replacing. I have tried contacting Final Audio multiple times on their website but i have not received a reply to any.

Is there a FA rep on head-fi or any other way i am able to contact them to have the earphones repaired?

Sep 21, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #5,913 of 11,644
  I bought a set of Piano Forte IX from here but the right driver is buzzing and most likely needs replacing. I have tried contacting Final Audio multiple times on their website but i have not received a reply to any.

Is there a FA rep on head-fi or any other way i am able to contact them to have the earphones repaired?

Hi Bevo.

There is not a Final rep from Australia on here but I can help. Drop me a PM and we'll go from there.

Sep 25, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #5,914 of 11,644
mmm........late to the party but I am enjoying the FAD Piano Forte ix, specially with my vintage DAP (HM 801).  Different, yes. Beautiful sound, yes. My question to FAD vets: is there any sonic difference between the Forte ix (stainless) and the Forte x (gold)??? Any use info much appreciated. TIA.

Sep 26, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #5,915 of 11,644
  mmm........late to the party but I am enjoying the FAD Piano Forte ix, specially with my vintage DAP (HM 801).  Different, yes. Beautiful sound, yes. My question to FAD vets: is there any sonic difference between the Forte ix (stainless) and the Forte x (gold)??? Any use info much appreciated. TIA.

X is less bright, and more thicker in mids.

Sep 28, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #5,917 of 11,644
  mmm......so, with the X, no piercing treble? What about the bass? More, less or same? tia.

Not that apparent to my ears. Not really piercing, just much sharper than X.
Bass wise, X is deeper a little bit. But honestly, the PF series are considered rolled off on both ends.

Emotion wise in vocal songs, X is my go to preference.

Detail wise, go to FiBASS.

Sep 28, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #5,918 of 11,644

Not that apparent to my ears. Not really piercing, just much sharper than X.
Bass wise, X is deeper a little bit. But honestly, the PF series are considered rolled off on both ends.

Emotion wise in vocal songs, X is my go to preference.

Detail wise, go to FiBASS.

mmm....thanks, man! Re: Fi-Ba-SS (the AKR02 version), I had it on loan from my dealer last year. I let it go. In hindsight, I shouldn't have.

Oct 2, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #5,919 of 11,644
So what's the deal with these guys' "Sonorous" product-line? I'm considering getting the Sonorous IV or Sonorous VI sometime in the future, as the idea of full-sized headphones with dual hybrid drivers is very intriguing to me.  But, would they be worth my money?  Could anyone point me in the direction of worthwhile, honest reviews of these headphones?

What is their sound-signature like?  Neutral, warm, bright, or what?  How about the soundstage, distortion levels, any possible sibilance issues, etc?

Oct 2, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #5,920 of 11,644
So what's the deal with these guys' "Sonorous" product-line? I'm considering getting the Sonorous IV or Sonorous VI sometime in the future, as the idea of full-sized headphones with dual hybrid drivers is very intriguing to me.  But, would they be worth my money?  Could anyone point me in the direction of worthwhile, honest reviews of these headphones?

What is their sound-signature like?  Neutral, warm, bright, or what?  How about the soundstage, distortion levels, any possible sibilance issues, etc?

Look for review on Pandora VI it's the same just rebranded due to pandora music copywriter in US. I love mine especially at that price. It compares neck and neck with many top tier models that cost more than twice as much.

Oct 2, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #5,921 of 11,644
Look for review on Pandora VI it's the same just rebranded due to pandora music copywriter in US. I love mine especially at that price. It compares neck and neck with many top tier models that cost more than twice as much.

Ah, so the Sonorous VI is the exact same as teh Pandora VI in every way, engineering-wise? :)

Oct 3, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #5,922 of 11,644
From what i have been told from distributor and others. I have not side by side them but they said they had to change the name due to Pandora trademark, same HP. Pandora Hope has a thread here.

Oct 3, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #5,923 of 11,644
  From what i have been told from distributor and others. I have not side by side them but they said they had to change the name due to Pandora trademark, same HP. Pandora Hope has a thread here.

Okay, sweet!

Oct 3, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #5,924 of 11,644
FAD is something very new to me. I've tried Heaven IV and II and bought II, because of more dry and natural mids. Using them with QLS 360 i was completely impressed of what they can do on a powerful good source. Sometimes they reminds me Etymotic ER4s (but without perfect treble and craziest microdetail level), but FAD are more melodic (fun) with some beautiful things. From mobile phone they are some kind of Etymotic HF-league. On a powerful source they are completely on another level. -+100$, highly recommended. 

Oct 4, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #5,925 of 11,644

Ah, so the Sonorous VI is the exact same as teh Pandora VI in every way, engineering-wise? :)

I was told that from an engineering perspective they are identical.  The only difference I am aware of is that the Sonorous comes with the new pads.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back