Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 22, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #5,851 of 11,642

Yes, it does seem to be the case that they only sell through Amazon UK & Germany at the moment which isn't ideal :frowning2:

Just to give you another option - I'm in the UK and it wouldn't be a problem to order some for you & then ship them over to Canada.

They sell for £9.95 on Amazon UK for a box of 5 pairs or £7.95 for a' taster' pack (1 pair S, M & L). Can't imagine airmail shipping would cost much more than £3 or £4 but can check exact costs if interested.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/275-0917960-4288002?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=inairs+1

Thanks....i am currently using some of these that came with the Custom Art iems as part of the tour...they are not bad at all ....they do sound close to the Spinfits I now

also have.

Aug 23, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #5,852 of 11,642
You could pick up some Hifiman sticker filters and put over it. They are supposed to be acoustically transparent. I used them over another iem that had mesh filters keep falling out. Worked like a charm. Only problem is they are expensive, as you have to buy them in a combo with tips: http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=144

Thanks for suggesting these. They are quite pricey as you say but I'll keep them in mind.

You don't know the diameter of the filters by any chance? My only concern is that if they are designed for a wider nozzle than the Heaven V then the filters might not fit into the built-in recess that holds the stock filter.

I did also notice some Shure stick-on filters but prices here are not much less than it'd cost me to import the Hifiman. Silly money for something that I'm sure costs buttons to make.

One thing I do note is that the stock filters don't seem to be 100% accoustically transparent. Comparing both channels I do notice that the unfiltered nozzle  seems to lose a bit of fullness in the bass and sounds a touch brighter. Thought it was my imagination at first but even sticking them in blind I can tell them apart. It is subtle though and probably something you'd only be aware of in a direct comparison.

Thanks again!

Thanks....i am currently using some of these that came with the Custom Art iems as part of the tour...they are not bad at all ....they do sound close to the Spinfits I now

also have.

Glad you managed to get your hands on some- if you need to replenlish supplies at some point feel free to PM me :)

Aug 23, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #5,853 of 11,642
Agreed on the mesh not being 100% acoustically clear. That's why I think the Hifiman fret over the mesh would be the thing to do. I think James444 has put the Hifiman filters on the older Heaven S. You can confirm with him or perhaps he'll chime in.

I would think Shure filters too small, since they use a really tiny nozzle and take comply 100 series.

Aug 23, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #5,854 of 11,642
Ah, gotcha. I misunderstood your last post and assumed you were suggesting I use the Hifiman filter in place of the stock filter rather than the pair in tandem..d'oh.

That would work. I'll have a search and failing that PM James444 for confirmation.

Another option I thought of is to use Comply TSX200 tips as they have a built-in filter that Comply describe as being accoustically transparent. Although that seems quite an expensive solution in the long run.

Good point about the Shure nozzle size. I think the last pair I had was the E2C many years ago and they were a bit bigger - iirc they used the Comply 200 series.

Cheers again for all the help. I really appreciate it :)

Aug 23, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #5,856 of 11,642
I go with comply. They are the most comfortable and they have the wax option too.

I regularly use Comply and on certain IEMs I use those with the wax option. I have no complaints and highly recommend them.

Aug 23, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #5,857 of 11,642
X series comply would work too, more as a replacement. They claim that wax guard is acoustically transparent but I've heard slight reductions in treble with it; just enough to take the edge off other items. Comply is more expensive in the long run.

Aug 24, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #5,858 of 11,642
Hello Friends,

Want to ask if any of you have tried Spinfits on Lab1 and what are the sound impressions?

Also want to ask the bass of Lab1 vs some bass champion like Shure 846. Can Lab 1 handle the bass like 846?

Many thanks in advance!

Aug 24, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #5,859 of 11,642
Hello Friends,

Want to ask if any of you have tried Spinfits on Lab1 and what are the sound impressions?

Also want to ask the bass of Lab1 vs some bass champion like Shure 846. Can Lab 1 handle the bass like 846?

Many thanks in advance!

I sold my SE846s after getting the Lab 1. Just saying...
But the Lab 1 are tip sensitive. For my taste, I found the Sony Noise Isolation Hybrids to be the best ones with Lab 1 (I also like them with the Heaven VIII)

Aug 24, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #5,860 of 11,642

Hello Thomson,

Thank you for your reply.
Just wondering what factors made you sold your Shure 846 and move to Lab1?

What are the bass characteristics of Lab1 that is better / strong suits compared to the "Subwoofer" 846?

Thanks again!

Aug 24, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #5,861 of 11,642

Hello Thomson,

Thank you for your reply.
Just wondering what factors made you sold your Shure 846 and move to Lab1?

What are the bass characteristics of Lab1 that is better / strong suits compared to the "Subwoofer" 846?

Thanks again!

Sorry, I sold the 846 about a year ago so I cannot give you a detailed comparison about the "bass characteristics" mainly because the reliability of the auditory memory is greatly overrated and I know myself well enough to say that I could very well have a completely different opinion about the 846s if I listened to them now...

Keeping this in mind, I can still try to tell you the reason why I sold the 846 in favor of the Lab I.

To me, the Lab I has a warm, but still kind of neutral, sound signature that I find very pleasant and there's no listening fatigue even after long periods and basically with any type of music/equipment. Instead, with the 846 I often found myself thinking that maybe there was too much bass or maybe there was a bit sibilance (all depending on what type of music and/or equipment I was listening to) and I then started thinking that maybe I should try with different tips, maybe I should try changing to the blue/white/black filters, maybe I should try a different amplifier etc...

To sum up: The main reason why I sold the 846 in favor if the Lab I was that I found myself thinking more about the sound or equipment instead of just enjoying the music when listening to the 846.

That said, I don't think the Lab I is as resolving and extended as the 846 but the Lab I's sound signature from mid bass to mid treble is exceptional to me; very smooth and coherent and it's for sure the best sound from a single driver IEM that I've ever heard. However, the Lab I doesn't really have the dynamic bass impact as the 846 but it's close and as I already mentioned, I just found the bass more coherent from the Lab I compared to the 846.

However, as I already said in the beginning. This is what I thought at the time. I'm now one year older (and hopefully a bit wiser) so if I listen to them again side-by-side, I might have different opinion...

Aug 25, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #5,863 of 11,642

That said, I don't think the Lab I is as resolving and extended as the 846 but the Lab I's sound signature from mid bass to mid treble is exceptional to me; very smooth and coherent and it's for sure the best sound from a single driver IEM that I've ever heard. However, the Lab I doesn't really have the dynamic bass impact as the 846 but it's close and as I already mentioned, I just found the bass more coherent from the Lab I compared to the 846.

I believe that it is a dual driver…..the only one that Final ever made as far as iems go...

It was pointed out to me by a distributor.

From their website:

Weighty bass tones are realized with a full-range dual balanced armature driver unit. Employs a titanium 64 housing shaped using a 3D printer. This is a form that allows for realistic music reproduction while curbing unnecessary vibrations.

Aug 25, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #5,864 of 11,642
Yes, it's a dual driver. You can see that info here:

LAB1_kouzou_e_2.jpg

I felt the LAB I was overall better than the SE 846 for sure. The 846 was just okay to me.

Aug 25, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #5,865 of 11,642
Ooops! I forgot for a moment that the Lab I actually is a dual driver! My bad. Sorry...

Anyway, it doesn't really change that much since I'm happy to change my statement to "...it's for sure the best sound from a dual driver IEM that I've ever heard" instead
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back