Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 4, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #5,251 of 11,686
Negatory. I found the stocks and Spinfits to be the best tips. Spiral Dots mess with the intimacy and makes the bass flabby. Ortofons mess with the imaging. YMMV I guess

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #5,253 of 11,686
Well I am testing the ortofons now and they are the most comfortable for sure....will have to compare more vs. spinfits for SQ.

Anyways, I took on the advice of my fellow Passeridae and devised some aparatus to make the Lab1 more ergonomic. As you can see in the pic, having opposable thumbs brings great advantage in the use of tool vs. claws.

For those wondering, I used the stem of wide bore silicone ear tips. Works very well.

Feb 7, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #5,254 of 11,686
Are the Heaven VIIIs supposed to be revealing?

I guess it likes being honest towards my singing abilities. Wow that was grating when monitoring the mix haha XD. 

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #5,255 of 11,686
I find the Lab 1's to be the best iem's I have tried for movies on my Surface Pro. The cable is horrible. I too macgyver'd my own cinch and clip for them.

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #5,256 of 11,686
Did someone mention micro phonics and cable being horrible???   Whispers came to me like waves running across the ocean from China from Minoulle-Mouse Man????   Bringing me out of hibernation???

Jnjy mentioned this:  https://www.justmyshop.com/camp/finalaudiokit/    But the point I got out of this was can't somebody find a cable maker who could look at the diagram and figure out how to recable the FAD Heaven/Lab1????

So that's a CHALLENGE I'm throwing out:   Find a cable maker who will recable the FAD

(I've already checked with Brian at BTG Audio and he won't touch it)
(As a reward if you find a cablemaker who will do it you have a free, expenses paid trip to the States and I will take you on a guided kayakfishing trip for shad and striper with a flyrod!!!)
beerchug.gif

Feb 18, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #5,257 of 11,686
anybody owns both heaven IV and heaven V?

thinking of changing IEMs... leaning towards rockets, but might as well check out final audio offerings... reviews and impressions on heaven 4 and 5 is pretty scarce... if anybody that still hang out here owns both, or just one of them, i have just one question...

how is the female vocals on your heaven iem compared to your other iems or your other headphones?
do you like your heaven iem more?

i listen to japanese music so that's a plus, as the final audio is probably tuned to japan domestic songs...(maybe....?)

Mar 4, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #5,259 of 11,686
anybody owns both heaven IV and heaven V?

thinking of changing IEMs... leaning towards rockets, but might as well check out final audio offerings... reviews and impressions on heaven 4 and 5 is pretty scarce... if anybody that still hang out here owns both, or just one of them, i have just one question...

how is the female vocals on your heaven iem compared to your other iems or your other headphones?
do you like your heaven iem more?

i listen to japanese music so that's a plus, as the final audio is probably tuned to japan domestic songs...(maybe....?)

I use a Heaven V Aging and it has a very mid centric tone that I love. Soundstage is also impressive placing instruments where it is. Slight sibilance though but bearable . I enjoy the way it was tweaked for vocals but definitely do not enjoy it with EDM. I use my W4r for EDM music.

Mar 4, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #5,260 of 11,686
I use a Heaven V Aging and it has a very mid centric tone that I love. Soundstage is also impressive placing instruments where it is. Slight sibilance though but bearable . I enjoy the way it was tweaked for vocals but definitely do not enjoy it with EDM. I use my W4r for EDM music.

can you say, that it's the best IEM for vocals in the $250-$300 range?

all i want is female vocals GOODNESS. i don't care about upper treble information, and i care even less with bass...
my songs are japanese so, i don't know, i'm sort of thinking that would be beneficial considering Final Audio is tuned by a japanese man.

Mar 4, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #5,261 of 11,686

can you say, that it's the best IEM for vocals in the $250-$300 range?

all i want is female vocals GOODNESS. i don't care about upper treble information, and i care even less with bass...
my songs are japanese so, i don't know, i'm sort of thinking that would be beneficial considering Final Audio is tuned by a japanese man.

I have been enjoying the Heaven V for a year and a half. I find the female vocals intimate and immediate! I have to skip over the female vocals during the day

as they make me slow down, stop, and listen to the music....sometimes too moody for the middle of the day....if you know what i mean....

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #5,262 of 11,686
  I have been enjoying the Heaven V for a year and a half. I find the female vocals intimate and immediate! I have to skip over the female vocals during the day

as they make me slow down, stop, and listen to the music....sometimes too moody for the middle of the day....if you know what i mean....

gaddamit. im ordering one as soon as i load off my altone200!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back