Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 17, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #2,431 of 11,668
what the ????

The whole tube is practically still outside my ear canals. Is mine too tiny that I cannot stick the whole housing inside?

Jun 17, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #2,434 of 11,668
Jun 18, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #2,435 of 11,668
Haha! 
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #2,437 of 11,668
I had a remarkable experience last night using the PF-IX's with the TP/2stepdance. I listened to a blu-ray rip of Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds - Live At Radio City Music Hall. The PF's provided a most vivid, lifelike presentation. I felt as if I were in the center of the hall, about ten rows back. I have listended/watched this show several times on my home system. Never before have I gotten goosebumps like I did last night. An incredible amount of detail was brought out of the recording, from subtle nuances in the sound of the guitar strings to the quiet banter between the two musicians. One of my best earphone experiences to date, if not the best. This is definitely a recording for the PF's, highly recommended.

Jun 18, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #2,440 of 11,668
Had a listen to the PF VIII and IX this evening with a wide range of music. Another line of FAD products that are very similar in sound. Like the Heaven V and VI. 

They both had the same signature, both accomplishing the same feelings. The PFIX sounded slightly more rich and lush to me. A little more depth to it. I thought at fist it was because the mids were more present on the IX, but I'm not so sure of that. The VIII's mids can be ever so slightly shouty on peak piano crescendos. I feel the IX maybe a bit more refined to my ears. The VIII stayed in my ear better due to the rougher texture of the metal. I like them quite a bit. I would probably pick the IX if I did not have one. But saving a few bucks and going to the VIII - well there is nothing wrong with that. It is truly a fine Piano Forte earphone. 

Jun 18, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #2,441 of 11,668
woodcans,

You're taking such warm and awesome photos these days - and I love this one, the earphones look like PFX!

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #2,444 of 11,668
Not sure how much I have left in me. But I think that this one might be worth sharing. 
Usual caveat.  -wc

This may be the last episode of Twin Peaks I just saw talking but "fire walk with me."

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #2,445 of 11,668

Users who are viewing this thread

Back