Final Audio Design Heaven IV
Jun 29, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #241 of 268
Hey guys. How does the bass of the Heaven IV compare to the Klipsch X10? Looking for a possible sidegrade and this one came through on the top of my list. Thanks

Base on audition for Klipsch quite long time ago. by comparing it to DBA MKII.

Klipcsh is warmer. Personally I think it loses out to Heaven IV to every aspect, Soundstage, Vocal, Tonality, oand of course bass.

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #242 of 268
hi guys, i've been reading review of heaven iv and now I really have to ask..

how does it compare to heaven vi? price wise its separated by 250-300usd.

I briefly  auditioned heaven vi in Japan once and can't really shake the haunting musical mids. yesterday I tested my friend IE80, although it sound very detail and amazing it doesn't give me the same vibes as the VI. the problem is that I can't analyze the VI because the musical sound suck me in too much I can't think right.

But of course I can't afford the VI but the IV is within my budget. I read review and some post that mention the driver in IV, V and VI are same but different housing tune.

I'm curious to hear your opinion, how IV compare to V and VI and if perhaps somebody who had IE80 too?

in the end is it worth getting IV just to get the same musical signature?

Thank you,

Jan 3, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #243 of 268
Yesterday I audition the heaven 4 and 5 aging at Jaben. I guess the performance difference is noticeable. Although they don't have heaven vi at the moment, from my memory heaven vi sound way musical.

Aug 25, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #246 of 268
  Anyone knows that how about Heaven IV comapred to HF5?
Which one is better for sympphonies? Thanks

Tough call on that one - I go back and forth depending on what era of music I am listening to.  

IMO, the Etymotic 4 or the 5 are superior on the details, but feels more closed in and can feel like they lack bass.  I prefer the Etymotic 4 or 5 for solo piano or something like a Mozart symphony.

The Final is superior in soundstage and feels a little more lush.  I prefer the Heaven IV for something like a Mahler symphony or the Berlioz Requiem.  

Frankly, I prefer the Heaven II when properly powered for classical music over the Heaven IV.

Aug 25, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #247 of 268
  Tough call on that one - I go back and forth depending on what era of music I am listening to.  

IMO, the Etymotic 4 or the 5 are superior on the details, but feels more closed in and can feel like they lack bass.  I prefer the Etymotic 4 or 5 for solo piano or something like a Mozart symphony.

The Final is superior in soundstage and feels a little more lush.  I prefer the Heaven IV for something like a Mahler symphony or the Berlioz Requiem.  

Frankly, I prefer the Heaven II when properly powered for classical music over the Heaven IV.

Oh, thank you so much! Could you explain more why you prefer Heaven II over IV and Etymotic for symphonies?

Aug 25, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #249 of 268
  The Heaven II has a faster, more controlled bass.  The Heaven IV is a little more boomy.  Both keep the nice detail and upper mids.  Your mileage may and probably will vary.

Thank you! How about the soundstage? It seems I saw it was claimed IV has the smallest soundstage in Heaven series.
And what do you think of this comparison:
http://hifipig.com/final-audio-heaven-ii-and-heaven-iv-in-ear-monitors/

Appreciate!

Aug 25, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #250 of 268

Thank you! How about the soundstage? It seems I saw it was claimed IV has the smallest soundstage in Heaven series.
And what do you think of this comparison:
http://hifipig.com/final-audio-heaven-ii-and-heaven-iv-in-ear-monitors/

Appreciate!

That is a pretty fair assessment, especially when you are talking about all around music listening.  The Heaven IV soundstage is significantly more than the Etymotics, IMO.  If you are looking to buy something of the Heaven series, go big and get the Heaven VI (which is great for classical listening IMO) or start small to see if you like the Final sound in the Heaven II.  All of them are fantastic and you aren't going to go horribly wrong.

Aug 25, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #251 of 268
  That is a pretty fair assessment, especially when you are talking about all around music listening.  The Heaven IV soundstage is significantly more than the Etymotics, IMO.  If you are looking to buy something of the Heaven series, go big and get the Heaven VI (which is great for classical listening IMO) or start small to see if you like the Final sound in the Heaven II.  All of them are fantastic and you aren't going to go horribly wrong.

Thank you very much!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back