Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Mar 10, 2024 at 6:57 AM Post #4,667 of 4,852
In this case is wrong to assume that Pro with Washi pads is brighter than with its own pads?
The regular pro with Washi pads sounded a bit leaner to me in the bass, but I wouldn't say that it got signigicantly brighter or darker.
Both had different peaks in the treble and that made that, depending of the song, I was hearing differences. But most obvious changes for me were in the bass.

That said, I think that using the Pro with washi pads could make that some people find them a bit brighter.

Anyways, it's hard to compare cause everyones hear different, specially in the treble.
I Would love to see some measurements to back up or contradict my subjective impressions.

Mar 10, 2024 at 9:50 AM Post #4,669 of 4,852
Final never said about any change on drivers and enclosures on the LE
They never say much of anything. I'd bet the ranch they made small changes over time. Most mfr's make "silent changes" to their products to reduce costs, increase mfr'ing efficiency, or (theoretically) to subtly improve sound.

Mar 10, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #4,670 of 4,852
They never say much of anything. I'd bet the ranch they made small changes over time. Most mfr's make "silent changes" to their products to reduce costs, increase mfr'ing efficiency, or (theoretically) to subtly improve sound.
I misunderstood the abbreviation "mfr"... and it was hilariuos in this context :D I was like "What is he talking about?"

Mar 10, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #4,671 of 4,852
I misunderstood the abbreviation "mfr"... and it was hilariuos in this context :D I was like "What is he talking about?"
Omigod that's hysterical! I never thought of that until you pointed it out.

I can't think of a single Japanese audio company that would appreciate being called that...

Mar 11, 2024 at 5:11 AM Post #4,672 of 4,852
Omigod that's hysterical! I never thought of that until you pointed it out.

I can't think of a single Japanese audio company that would appreciate being called that...

Maybe in USA, in some contexts, but not in Japan:D

Mar 11, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #4,673 of 4,852
Apologies if this has been covered in this thread, but does anyone know where the 3.5mm locking plugs can be obtained?
Sadly, if you are looking for the one that have a locking mechanism just like the stock plug, there is one but the quality is not so good and if you are only looking for the one that works on a D8000 series headphone, the best quality plug you can find is from Bispa, but I'm not sure if you can get it in UK, it is from Japan.

Heres the link for the bad quality one:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...e5I2hwf2OF5_uVMsPURUPFseJeMkxCdieFhwUvErwGUj0
Screenshot 2024-03-12 030108.png

And this is Bispa:
bispa.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #4,674 of 4,852
I got 4 pair of that aliexpress plug and it works great, I would never call it bad quality, it's just plastic instead of metal.

I wouldn't trust long plug that doesn't secure the jack. We've seen a fellow head-fier that got the internal jack broken.

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #4,675 of 4,852
I got 4 pair of that aliexpress plug and it works great, I would never call it bad quality, it's just plastic instead of metal.

I wouldn't trust long plug that doesn't secure the jack. We've seen a fellow head-fier that got the internal jack broken.
The reason why I say its bad because the case itself could fall apart.

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #4,676 of 4,852
The reason why I say its bad because the case itself could fall apart.
The case ? I mean, it's up to the builder to make sure they won't unscrew. I personnally fill the plug with sticky hot glue. Except if you use a heat gun, you won't ever unscrew them with me ^^

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #4,677 of 4,852

I’ve gotten cables from Trevor at Norne with, and without the locking mechanism. I actually like the ones without as they stay in and they’re not in the way of anything, and I dont have to worry about screwing up the housing.

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #4,678 of 4,852
Apologies if this has been covered in this thread, but does anyone know where the 3.5mm locking plugs can be obtained?
You can get them from the Final Audio. I’m like 99% sure that the US distributor said they will send them to you for free. They did send me for free when I sent my headphones back for repair.

He told me that they will give them to the end customer, but they won’t just give them out to a cable makers as they don’t want people to think
that the cable is Final Audio when it’s not.

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #4,679 of 4,852
You can get them from the Final Audio. I’m like 99% sure that the US distributor said they will send them to you for free. They did send me for free when I sent my headphones back for repair.

He told me that they will give them to the end customer, but they won’t just give them out to a cable makers as they don’t want people to think
that the cable is Final Audio when it’s not.
Thank you very much for the info, will give that a try.

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #4,680 of 4,852
Sadly, if you are looking for the one that have a locking mechanism just like the stock plug, there is one but the quality is not so good and if you are only looking for the one that works on a D8000 series headphone, the best quality plug you can find is from Bispa, but I'm not sure if you can get it in UK, it is from Japan.

Heres the link for the bad quality one:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...e5I2hwf2OF5_uVMsPURUPFseJeMkxCdieFhwUvErwGUj0
Screenshot 2024-03-12 030108.png

And this is Bispa:
bispa.jpg
Many thanks for taking the time to dig up this info. Have you used the Bispa plug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back