Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Feb 23, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #4,606 of 4,965
Feb 23, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #4,609 of 4,965
In May, I'll have SASH closed back...I will see (hear) where to go from there :)
Thanks!

Cheers!
SASH sounds interesting. I never heard of them. Be sure to listen to rognir first. There are two versions neutral and bass. I think I had the neutral because it was lacking bass and body. Didn’t sound like the D8000 at all. I haven’t tried the bass version so maybe it’s better but I prefer DCA E3

Feb 23, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #4,610 of 4,965
SASH sounds interesting. I never heard of them. Be sure to listen to rognir first.
Thanks!
I already have on order SASH...I have fate in them, but let's see if they will wow me.

Oh, that's good to know if Rognir has two models...I would definitely want the one with bass.

I don't know why...but I am just not a fan of Dan Clark's design...

Hfiman with similar shapes doesn't strike me as well.

Cheers!

Feb 23, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #4,611 of 4,965
What's the best (to you) closed-back planar?
I am stuck on the idea of waiting closed-back Caldera version...

Cheers!
I'm not going to be much help here because I abandoned closed backs of all kinds years ago. They tend to aggravate migraine & tinnitus.

The one closed back planar I own (and still love to pieces) is the ZMF Ori. Love that sound.

Interestingly, closed back planars are less aggravating to me than closed back dynamics ... probably because of the low distortion of planar drivers. But I'll always choose and open back planar over a closed back one these days...

Of course I'd listen to the closed back Caldera when the chance arises. If it's anything like the open back Caldera, "attention must be paid."

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #4,612 of 4,965
Thanks!
I already have on order SASH...I have fate in them, but let's see if they will wow me.

Oh, that's good to know if Rognir has two models...I would definitely want the one with bass.

I don't know why...but I am just not a fan of Dan Clark's design...

Hfiman with similar shapes doesn't strike me as well.

Cheers!
Yes I’ve tried most TOTL closed backs looking for something that sounds like D8000. Haven’t really found anything I’ve fallen in love with yet. But I have high hopes of the caldera closed.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #4,613 of 4,965
Of course I'd listen to the closed back Caldera when the chance arises. If it's anything like the open back Caldera, "attention must be paid."
Just what I was thinking :)
My affection for planars started with Monolith M1060C...I just love these headphones.
In the planar world, I don't need anything over D8000 (open back)...for me, that's it.

DD, I have the open back and closed back that I wanted...
I thought, if M1060C is so good to me...what if I get closed back planars in the class of D8000?
So...the only thing that crossed my mind was..if there was Caldera closed back (because of the rumours, it's possible to happen).

I am in no rush...at the moment, I have fallen into the IEMs world, but I am thinking up front and exploring possibilities :)
I never thought that I would use IEMs except when going for walks...but it turned out that they blew my mind just like headphones :)

Thanks for the view!

Oh, there could be a possible closed back planar that I would consider before Caldera closed back...
D8000 closed back...that would be pure SF for me :)

Cheers!

Feb 23, 2024 at 4:24 PM Post #4,614 of 4,965
Just what I was thinking :)
My affection for planars started with Monolith M1060C...I just love these headphones.
In the planar world, I don't need anything over D8000 (open back)...for me, that's it.

DD, I have the open back and closed back that I wanted...
I thought, if M1060C is so good to me...what if I get closed back planars in the class of D8000?
So...the only thing that crossed my mind was..if there was Caldera closed back (because of the rumours, it's possible to happen).

I am in no rush...at the moment, I have fallen into the IEMs world, but I am thinking up front and exploring possibilities :)
I never thought that I would use IEMs except when going for walks...but it turned out that they blew my mind just like headphones :)

Thanks for the view!

Oh, there could be a possible closed back planar that I would consider before Caldera closed back...
D8000 closed back...that would be pure SF for me :)

Cheers!
I wouldn't hold my breath for a D8K closed back, but the Caldera closed back will be released around April/May.

Feb 24, 2024 at 12:07 AM Post #4,615 of 4,965
Without EQ, the pro is a bit sterile but it counters that flat bass with the massive texture of the bass.

If you feel like it's too bright, the pro is sure not for you. I prefer electronic music. Bright headphones is what I like with U or V shape signatures and I don't mind an EQ of the bass (not the rest of the spectrum though). D8000pro got rid of the high-mid frequencies that creates shouty noises and sibliance while having huge tremble spikes for extra energy and air.

D8000 and Empy trade off the tremble energy and adds mid bass, that's not my preference, too chill but very pleasing. Empy was my best office headphone so far and if it goes low enough, I'll buy one again. I would have loved to prefer the D8000 over the pro for economic reasons though:jecklinsmile:
I also prefer electronic music. In your opinion, d8k pro and Elite which one is capable of playing EDM well?

Feb 24, 2024 at 12:14 AM Post #4,616 of 4,965
That's two differents headphones and it's really about taste. Technically, yes the D8Kpro is more capable. But if you love the presentation of the VC, it's no use getting the D8Kpro. I think the D8000 is comparable to the verite series though, both have some lush and smooth caracteristics.
Thanks,I guess I would just try another wood version of Vc

Feb 24, 2024 at 2:32 AM Post #4,618 of 4,965
I also prefer electronic music. In your opinion, d8k pro and Elite which one is capable of playing EDM well?
Im hevy electronic music listener. Mostly. D8000 OG, D8000 PRO an Meze Elite, all three hp are good with elctronic music. The best will be D8000 with pads from PRO series. Depends on person liking and hearing. But i suggest to try new cheap Ultrasone Signature Pure. Amazing cans for EDM, worth EVERY cent.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #4,619 of 4,965
Both are good at EDM, but it depends on the amp as well. D8K has a little more bite to it, Elite is ever so slightly softer. A little bit like studio speakers versus floor standing speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back