Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Feb 19, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #3,242 of 4,824
Did this conclusion ever come? :)
No it didn’t :frowning2: sorry but I couldn’t find the time to write it up. But I will not say anything new. LE sounds familiar but still different. Those differences are not night and day. LE has a little bit bigger soundstage, highs and lows are a little bit tuned down like it is less “V”. But remember those changes are really subtle :) LE has a better separation but like said before … just a bit :) one of the bigges differences is that LE has just pure black background. There is just black void behind instruments and sound overal. It creates very pleasant feeling that there is only you and music.

I would say that LE presents very similar sound to PRO version but it has its own character. It is different but not so much different :wink:

Feb 19, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #3,244 of 4,824
I already own the D8000 PRO, but if I had heard about this before, I'm not sure I would have gotten a pair. Brands that charge so much for a pair of headphones should give timely and responsive service and answer customers directly, like other companies do. I would have called their HQ at Japan if it was me. This service from Final is unacceptable in my opinion. do they have any representatives here (I guess not)?

Small Japanese companies still struggle to maintain contact with the west as English is a real problem there, I guess final just think they can work through wholesalers and middle-men, but as we can see, that doesn't result in acceptable service.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #3,245 of 4,824
I already own the D8000 PRO, but if I had heard about his before, I'm not sure I would have gotten a pair. Brands that charge so much for a pair of headphones should give timely and responsive service and answer customers directly, like other companies do. I would have called their HQ at Japan if it was me. This service from Final is unacceptable in my opinion. do they have any representatives here (I guess not)?

Small Japanese companies still struggle to maintain contact with the west as English is a real problem there, I guess final just think they can work through wholesalers and middle-men, but as we can see, that doesn't result in acceptable service.
I always thought that Japan customer service is out of this world. In a positive way:p I guess it is not. Is it really that bad?

Feb 19, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #3,246 of 4,824
I have to be honest, i will avoid this brand in the future. I have a friend who had a d8000 with a driver failure too. It took over 3 months also to get his headphone back. It’s the 2nd time, and i am experiencing the same troubles.
It’s a shame because FA headphone are among the best.
I will post again when the headphone is really back to me, not yet a done thing..

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #3,247 of 4,824
Damn...this thread has taken a depressing turn. my blood runs cold when I read about driver failures. despite owning a couple elderly audeze planars (pre-fazor LCD-2 & LCD-3), I only experience that once (w/a Kennerton headphone). The PITA level was off-the-charts.

On a more positive note: last night did some listening w/my D8000 w/the Pro's "G" pads powered by the Violectric V281 with signal from the Orchid DAC. Some would consider this slightly warm+warm+warm (must = treacle). Nope. It was the oppositve: clearly high resolution that's fun to listen to and easy to like (it's a great headphone).

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #3,248 of 4,824
Damn...this thread has taken a depressing turn. my blood runs cold when I read about driver failures. despite owning a couple elderly audeze planars (pre-fazor LCD-2 & LCD-3), I only experience that once (w/a Kennerton headphone). The PITA level was off-the-charts.

On a more positive note: last night did some listening w/my D8000 w/the Pro's "G" pads powered by the Violectric V281 with signal from the Orchid DAC. Some would consider this slightly warm+warm+warm (must = treacle). Nope. It was the oppositve: clearly high resolution that's fun to listen to and easy to like (it's a great headphone).
My D8K Pro’s are still going strong and sound amazing. No issues with my set.

Feb 20, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #3,249 of 4,824
I have to be honest, i will avoid this brand in the future. I have a friend who had a d8000 with a driver failure too. It took over 3 months also to get his headphone back. It’s the 2nd time, and i am experiencing the same troubles.
It’s a shame because FA headphone are among the best.
I will post again when the headphone is really back to me, not yet a done thing..
It is true that the repair time of Final headphones is very long. I also waited over 3 months for the socket to be repaired, and the repair cost was high.

Feb 20, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #3,250 of 4,824
that would keep me from owning it to be honest

Feb 20, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #3,251 of 4,824
Sadly, this is something very common with japanese brands. They take a lot of time to solve warranty issues and the communication isn't the best, specially if you don't speak japanese.
It's clear that there's a lot of room for improvement in that regard from Final Audio.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #3,252 of 4,824
Do you guys know if cables forthe D8000 etc will work on HiFi man or Focal headphones? It looks like it should fit, but I was unsure about the locking mechanism. Thanks!

Feb 24, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #3,253 of 4,824
Do you guys know if cables forthe D8000 etc will work on HiFi man or Focal headphones? It looks like it should fit, but I was unsure about the locking mechanism. Thanks!
They should, my Z1R also has locking cables and I tested the Susvara last weekend using the cables with no problems.

Feb 25, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #3,254 of 4,824
Hey guys,
I got the headphone today, in perfect working condition, that ends this story.
It took long time, and as said before, it is something abnormal to have to wait 3 months to service a headphone, even in Japan. This doesn't remove the fact this headphone is in my top 3 tier for me.
Thank you for your support, it ended well in the end.
Ad yes i am going to sell it, not because of this bad experience, but rather because i prefer the Susvara performance with my system.
Cheers

Feb 25, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #3,255 of 4,824
Hey guys,
I got the headphone today, in perfect working condition, that ends this story.
It took long time, and as said before, it is something abnormal to have to wait 3 months to service a headphone, even in Japan. This doesn't remove the fact this headphone is in my top 3 tier for me.
Thank you for your support, it ended well in the end.
Ad yes i am going to sell it, not because of this bad experience, but rather because i prefer the Susvara performance with my system.
Cheers
Glad to hear it ended well. All the best and enjoy Your headphones :) it will be like new experience after so long period :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back