Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Feb 27, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #3,271 of 4,925
I honestly can't even relate to the last 2 posts. The headphone they describe is not the D8000 I own and love. I don't doubt their sincerity at all, but I just don't hear what they are hearing.

I wouldn't think of boosting the 2.5 - 5 kHz region of this headphone. As is, unboosted, the sound is detailed, accurate and very clear, but with very slight warmth and no ear fatigue. Boosted? I doubt it would sound better, but it definitely would fatigue my ears.

This just demonstrates how different the hearing of different people is...
That's nothing wrong and it happens on both the regular and the Pro. We all got different sensitivity in the ear gain region.
Not having a significant rise in that area isn't bad, but a lot people like a bit of more energy there, that's why most of the reference targets like Harman, IEF neutral, Difuse field etc... got a rise there. Or course all headphones should not follow targets or this hobby will be quite boring. I just happen to like a boost in the upper mids-low treble.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #3,272 of 4,925
That's nothing wrong and it happens on both the regular and the Pro. We all got different sensitivity in the ear gain region.
Not having a significant rise in that area isn't bad, but a lot people like a bit of more energy there, that's why most of the reference targets like Harman, IEF neutral, Difuse field etc... got a rise there. Or course all headphones should not follow targets or this hobby will be quite boring. I just happen to like a boost in the upper mids-low treble.
This is a good explanation. It helps me understand the different ways we hear the same headphone.

I am quite sensitive to elevations in the upper midrange, and still feel very lucky to find the D8000, one of the few headphones I've heard that is very detailed and accurate, but doesn't give me a headache in the process...

Feb 27, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #3,273 of 4,925
This is a good explanation. It helps me understand the different ways we hear the same headphone.

I am quite sensitive to elevations in the upper midrange, and still feel very lucky to find the D8000, one of the few headphones I've heard that is very detailed and accurate, but doesn't give me a headache in the process...
Yeah. I totally agree that the D8K series got amazing detail without needing to boost the upper mids. A lot of headphones try to create fake detail bumping that region (Grados for example), and they end up being shouty and fatiguing.

For me, giving some extra dbs there brings some voices, specially female voices, a bit closer, which I prefer. But as I said before, the stock tuning is great in my opinion and it works great with all genres.

Feb 28, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #3,274 of 4,925

My ears are not young anymore and I do come from reference sounding HP's so stock form of D8000 was a bit too polite. With stock form D8000 goes alive only if I increase volume quite a bit but I want to save my remaining hearing as I'm aging.

Feb 28, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #3,275 of 4,925
The only EQ I do sometimes is to lower the midbass for certain genres that don't need it which increases perceived resolution for me. But I like it for metal / rock as it is. It is perfect.

Mar 3, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #3,280 of 4,925
I think they threw out the 200 piece thing, because mine is 902 :)
Really? That's quite a surprise. Thought it was 300, 100 for Japan and 200 for the rest of the world.
It's getting a lot of praise so I woulnd't be surprised if they are selling more units. Some buyers might be angry because of that, but I wouldn't.
I buy a headphone to enjoy music, not for the sake of collecting or reselling. Id be happy if they sell more units cause that means that more people will be able to enjoy them

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #3,281 of 4,925
Really? That's quite a surprise. Thought it was 300, 100 for Japan and 200 for the rest of the world.
It's getting a lot of praise so I woulnd't be surprised if they are selling more units. Some buyers might be angry because of that, but I won't.
I buy a headphone to enjoy music, not for the sake of collecting or reselling. I'll be happy if they are selling more units cause that means that more people will be able to enjoy them
Same here. No problem whatsoever:)

Mar 3, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #3,283 of 4,925
Mar 3, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #3,284 of 4,925
Well I hope their offer holds up. I just ordered a pair from them :eyes:. Thanks for the heads up :beerchug:
I really hope so.
Are you from Switzerland? They say they ship there on the web. I found this there:

"In the case of shipments to Andorra/Luxembourg/United Kingdom/Switzerland, the shopping cart system will automatically calculate the total amount, removing VAT and adding shipping costs accordingly. When the transport agency delivers your order, you must pay the taxes corresponding to your country."

Hope you don't have any problem. :)

Mar 3, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #3,285 of 4,925
I really hope so.
Are you from Switzerland? They say they ship there on the web. I found this there:

"In the case of shipments to Andorra/Luxembourg/United Kingdom/Switzerland, the shopping cart system will automatically calculate the total amount, removing VAT and adding shipping costs accordingly. When the transport agency delivers your order, you must pay the taxes corresponding to your country."

Hope you don't have any problem. :)
Living in Switzerland dealing with customs is a regular thing for me. So no worries. It's very well setup here in Switzerland and I'm saving Spanish VAT on top and "only" have to deal with the Swiss 8% VAT. I just hope they really still have access to a pair. At that price I just couldn't resist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back