Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jan 4, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #3,061 of 4,847
I haven't probably used the right SS amp for my D8K Pro besides the Kinki which is not as fast and dynamic as HA-3A being SET but I love it very much

My best SS amp is the Sparkos Aries but I don't think it is the right match, very detailed HP with extremely detailed amp, I honestly prefer SET and will probably keep the HA-3A as long as it lasts. GS-X MKII looks amazing btw
My Final D8000 just loves SS amping of a certain type--slightly warm & definitely musical. I have 3 SS amps that really light up the D8K
  • Violectric V281: I'm a broken record about the good sound of this amp, but that's for a good reason (it never lets me down). This is the ideal blend of power, authority, and musicality
  • Monoprice/Monolith Liquid Gold X: This amp loves planars & planars love it right back. Not as ideal as the V281, but quite good
  • Cavalli Liquid Carbon v2: It's small and inexpensive, yet has real power and sounds like magic. Not the highest resolution here; soundstage average to a little above average (not exceptional), and control at very top & bottom frequencies isn't iron-clad as the V281. But this little amp makes every headphone sound lovely, the D8K included.
My Kinki THR-1 (F.S. here) sounded amazing with the Final D8000. That was a real love match of amp + headphone. The THR-1 has serious power and "grip" on the driver, but also has so much finesse and a soft, silky texture in the midrange on up. It's a lovely sound.

Jan 6, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #3,062 of 4,847
i was waiting for yh-5000se but there's still no announcement in my city when it'll be available. yet a very reasonably priced 2nd hand D8000 comes by so I . . .

the D8000, just like what Final itself described (maybe i'm just under the influence of Final's explanation . . .) , seems having more bass and sounds more spacious than D8000pro. the craftmanship and beauty is the same. The stand is very beautiful (but maybe not as useful as the carrying case of D8000pro) too. probably i need not waiting for yamaha as the tech and team behind seems quite similar :hushed:

Attachments

• 20230106_182017.jpg
    20230106_182017.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230106_131356.jpg
    20230106_131356.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230106_184218.jpg
    20230106_184218.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 6, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #3,063 of 4,847
Just received a new cable for the D8000 Limited Edition.
This was made in collaboration between Final Audio, Double-Helix Cables and VikingWeaveCables. Damn it's gorgeous

dbty6DA.jpg

hGPqYNl.jpg

ENBMRIn.jpg
hcPMrGE.jpg

Jan 6, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #3,065 of 4,847
i was waiting for yh-5000se but there's still no announcement in my city when it'll be available. yet a very reasonably priced 2nd hand D8000 comes by so I . . .

the D8000, just like what Final itself described (maybe i'm just under the influence of Final's explanation . . .) , seems having more bass and sounds more spacious than D8000pro. the craftmanship and beauty is the same. The stand is very beautiful (but maybe not as useful as the carrying case of D8000pro) too. probably i need not waiting for yamaha as the tech and team behind seems quite similar :hushed:
I like the design of the stand so much that I bought one for the D8000 Pro - it's the only design I have seen that does not compress the pads and the headband cushion.

Jan 6, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #3,066 of 4,847
I like the design of the stand so much that I bought one for the D8000 Pro - it's the only design I have seen that does not compress the pads and the headband cushion.
100% agree! this is really smart design that the headphone yoke sits on the stand. all my other stands/hanger, be it omega shape wooden stands or wide hanger (>50mm width) hangers, still makes the headband and/or earpads compressed if left it on the stand for sometimes.

but this is also quite expensive too. i read someone said the stand is selling for about us$120!

Jan 7, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #3,067 of 4,847
100% agree! this is really smart design that the headphone yoke sits on the stand. all my other stands/hanger, be it omega shape wooden stands or wide hanger (>50mm width) hangers, still makes the headband and/or earpads compressed if left it on the stand for sometimes.

but this is also quite expensive too. i read someone said the stand is selling for about us$120!
Yes I got it for about $130. It's not cheap but IMO the build quality & design justifies the price tag - it's a solid chunk of machined aluminum with a very stable geometry.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #3,068 of 4,847
Just received a new cable for the D8000 Limited Edition.
This was made in collaboration between Final Audio, Double-Helix Cables and VikingWeaveCables. Damn it's gorgeous

dbty6DA.jpg

hGPqYNl.jpg

ENBMRIn.jpg
hcPMrGE.jpg
that's some crazy expensive cable, you truly are a golden one.

Jan 12, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #3,072 of 4,847
Hello,
I had a misfortune recently with a D8000 PRO which suddenly had a defect with one driver loosing DB. I sent it back to the shop where it was purchased 6 months earlier, but it's been 2 months now i am waiting.
Does someone have a contact at FA to make things happen quicker? or any advice?
Thanks/

Jan 12, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #3,073 of 4,847
Hello,
I had a misfortune recently with a D8000 PRO which suddenly had a defect with one driver loosing DB. I sent it back to the shop where it was purchased 6 months earlier, but it's been 2 months now i am waiting.
Does someone have a contact at FA to make things happen quicker? or any advice?
Thanks/
2 months? which shop is that?

Jan 14, 2023 at 4:03 AM Post #3,074 of 4,847
Hello,
The company is based in Germany and named Audition6 (http://www.audition6.de/).
So far, the owner is great, answering the next day each time i ask news about the headphone.
Right after he received it, he sent the headphone to the distributor, and said he will get back to me when this distributor will give him news back, usually when the headphone is back from service or replaced.
Just wondering then what is a reasonable waiting time. A friend had similar issue with a FA d8k, and waited around 3 months to get his headphone back.
What do you guys think, i just wait? what choice do i have anyway…?

Jan 14, 2023 at 4:35 AM Post #3,075 of 4,847
Hello,
The company is based in Germany and named Audition6 (http://www.audition6.de/).
So far, the owner is great, answering the next day each time i ask news about the headphone.
Right after he received it, he sent the headphone to the distributor, and said he will get back to me when this distributor will give him news back, usually when the headphone is back from service or replaced.
Just wondering then what is a reasonable waiting time. A friend had similar issue with a FA d8k, and waited around 3 months to get his headphone back.
What do you guys think, i just wait? what choice do i have anyway…?
Audition6 is very good, I used him myself. But if it's being fixed by Final in Japan, you likely have no option but to wait. I had a similar issue with a Japanese amp. Two month wait, and still not fixed. Frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back