Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Oct 16, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #2,776 of 4,847
I got me a pair of the D8K pro variety and I am digging the sound, though it does require some oomph in the AMP to bring itself to life.
Overall an instant like, unlike some TOTL headphones in my collection.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2022 at 12:41 AM Post #2,777 of 4,847
I got me a pair of the DK8K pro variety and I am digging the sound, though it does require some oomph in the AMP to bring itself to life.
Overall an instant like, unlike some TOTL headphones in my collection.
Beware the ‘instant’ like….a headphone’s true ability / inability is revealed over time….🤷🏻‍♂️

Oct 16, 2022 at 1:07 AM Post #2,778 of 4,847
Beware the ‘instant’ like….a headphone’s true ability / inability is revealed over time….🤷🏻‍♂️
And I have never happened to ‘unlike’ an instant like equipment over time, though unlikes have, occasionally, turned to likes.
Yikes.

Oct 16, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #2,779 of 4,847
Thanks for the tip. Mounted mine yesterday. It fits like a glove and is a very welcome comfort improvement with less of a hotspot on the top of my head. :)

1664357293948.png
Thought i would post a picture of mine too.
First wanted to get the leather pads but chose the merinos as the leather was out of stock.
But glad i chose this one, it’s even more comfortable. In case you wznt to try, here’s a link: https://www.headonist.fr/products/bandeau-confort-pour-final-serie-d
1665902361618.jpeg

Oct 16, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #2,780 of 4,847
This can be true. In my experience in audio, there are two kinds of instant likes:
  1. The novelty/surprise kind: "Well, this is something new. I think I like it!" It's often triggered by sound that is immediately impressive and attention getting.
  2. The soul recognition kind: "I've been looking for this a long time and didn't even realize it. Now I hear it!"
#1 is the like that can wear off. That impressive pair of speakers becomes oppressive; that exciting headphone becomes fatiguing.

But #2 is the real payoff of years of learning and searching in audio. It's when finally some product nails the sound the soul craves. Maybe it's the sound imagined but never attained; or maybe it's the sound once heard in a concert hall or club, and never quite attained since. Either way, #2 is the like that sticks around.

It took some work to nail down the sound of my D8000 (adding a leather underband & swapping stock pads to the Pro's "G" pads), but my D8000 morphed in the #2 like. This headphone really speaks to me in a way 6 or 7 other open back planars ultimately did not. It's a truth teller planar, and its truth is always musical.

Several of my ZMF headphones are great examples of the #2 like. In the case of the Ori & VO it was literally sonic love at first listen, and that never changed.

Oct 16, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #2,781 of 4,847
D8000P_customized.jpg

Just received an Audiosensibility Statement SE Silver OCC cable

Their Silver XLR interconnects are quite impressive in my system, so I bit the bullet ^^

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #2,783 of 4,847
Absolute esthetical idolization makes the music even grander :grin:

I ditched the L/R white stickers immediately, and replaced with a slice of red inear tip stem placed on the right cup jack

red on jack.jpg

Vanishes inside the socket when inserted :two_hearts:

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #2,784 of 4,847
This can be true. In my experience in audio, there are two kinds of instant likes:
  1. The novelty/surprise kind: "Well, this is something new. I think I like it!" It's often triggered by sound that is immediately impressive and attention getting.
  2. The soul recognition kind: "I've been looking for this a long time and didn't even realize it. Now I hear it!"
#1 is the like that can wear off. That impressive pair of speakers becomes oppressive; that exciting headphone becomes fatiguing.

But #2 is the real payoff of years of learning and searching in audio. It's when finally some product nails the sound the soul craves. Maybe it's the sound imagined but never attained; or maybe it's the sound once heard in a concert hall or club, and never quite attained since. Either way, #2 is the like that sticks around.

It took some work to nail down the sound of my D8000 (adding a leather underband & swapping stock pads to the Pro's "G" pads), but my D8000 morphed in the #2 like. This headphone really speaks to me in a way 6 or 7 other open back planars ultimately did not. It's a truth teller planar, and its truth is always musical.

Several of my ZMF headphones are great examples of the #2 like. In the case of the Ori & VO it was literally sonic love at first listen, and that never changed.
Hey my friend. That is really well said and I agree with a lot of your sentiments.

For the record. I’m definitely in #2 camp. I really love the approach to sound Final has come up with. I enjoy the tuning so much with the Bass elevation. I can listen to anything on the D8K. Anything. :)

Oct 16, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #2,785 of 4,847
Absolute esthetical idolization makes the music even grander :grin:

I ditched the L/R white stickers immediately, and replaced with a slice of red inear tip stem placed on the right cup jack

red on jack.jpg

Vanishes inside the socket when inserted :two_hearts:
I agree with you. The aesthetics in audio add to the atmosphere and enhance the mood when you play your music. It all works together. We’ve got an amazing hobby my friend and may I say you are doing an amazing job on the aesthetics front. :)

Oct 17, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #2,786 of 4,847
Hey my friend. That is really well said and I agree with a lot of your sentiments.

For the record. I’m definitely in #2 camp. I really love the approach to sound Final has come up with. I enjoy the tuning so much with the Bass elevation. I can listen to anything on the D8K. Anything. :)
Also #2 for me! Since there are not many YT reviews it was a personal recommendation and then the discussion on here plus a few PMs that made me buy it. Not to forget a good deal! Love at first listen...

Oct 18, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #2,789 of 4,847
Oct 18, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #2,790 of 4,847
It’ll cost me nearly 200$ CAN for that? I dunno if I can justify that just yet. 🥵
I paid 150€ for it and for me it's worth every penny. Quality and fit are top notch and most importantly I don't have the feeling anymore that I have to take them off from time to time. Now I can have them on the whole day if I want to.
And I also like that it doesn't really look like an aftermarket solution. If you don't know you'd guess that it comes from the factory like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back