Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Mar 25, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #481 of 4,849
Me either... seems like Japanese company finally has some quality control issues...

Or maybe we don’t listen louder than 95 db’s? What the hell are you all cranking the volume to? I don’t even need full volume with the meager Ifi nano bl when listening to quiet tracks like “Brothers in Arms”.

With my Jot, I never have to go past half way.

Mar 25, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #482 of 4,849
Maybe they were designed for non bass music.

Mar 26, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #483 of 4,849
I also had this problem when I still have them. When you turn the volume way up to ear-splitting levels, the drivers would actually hit the magnets causing the headphone to make an unpleasant buzzing sound. A friend of mine also have the D8000 and his pair has the exact same problem. There isn't really a solution other than to turn the volume down. Otherwise if you really like to challenge physics then your ears would expire much sooner than the drivers would :darthsmile:

Oh and RIP RazorDogAudio. Their pricing was damn unbeatable when they were still in business.

I had it too, but you need to turn volume waaay up to unlistenable levels, so it is not really an issue, just a strange feature.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #484 of 4,849
final acknowledged that D8000 is not intended for extreme loud sound.
That membrane hitting in extreme volume is known issue.
I’ve read that a lucky guy had his driver adjusted by final to high membrane tension for larger playing capability.
I think I read that on user review in Japanese. I don’t think that modification could be applied to everybody though.

Seen notice at the show saying not intended to play in the extreme volume as well.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #485 of 4,849
final acknowledged that D8000 is not intended for extreme loud sound.
That membrane hitting in extreme volume is known issue.
I’ve read that a lucky guy had his driver adjusted by final to high membrane tension for larger playing capability.
I think I read that on user review in Japanese. I don’t think that modification could be applied to everybody though.

Seen notice at the show saying not intended to play in the extreme volume as well.

In my case when this happened, I wasn’t listening to an extremely high level, but a level that worked with all my other music beforehand. Then I put some trip hop on with accentuated bass and the problem I brought up earlier in this thread happened. I learned my lesson.

By the way, I have a final SPC cable coming to me on loan for a review, so next week sometime I’ll report on the differences between it and the stock copper cable.

Mar 27, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #486 of 4,849
One thing about these cables is the 2.5mm, 4 pole and the 4.4mm 5 pole are built to order. The other three are kept in stock.

upload_2019-3-27_8-1-40.jpeg

Apr 3, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #487 of 4,849
I love headphones, and I love trying new headphones. But I also get bored after a while and love to move on to something new. But the D8000 is the first headphone in a while that I can’t see myself letting go of anytime soon. They’re just so damn good. I still don’t know how they can have such amazing warm bass but still sound so fantastically detailed. They remind me of an LCD 3 Fazor, but with better detail and resolution. They both have a very pleasing holographic sound.

Such great cans!

Apr 3, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #488 of 4,849
I love headphones, and I love trying new headphones. But I also get bored after a while and love to move on to something new. But the D8000 is the first headphone in a while that I can’t see myself letting go of anytime soon. They’re just so damn good. I still don’t know how they can have such amazing warm bass but still sound so fantastically detailed. They remind me of an LCD 3 Fazor, but with better detail and resolution. They both have a very pleasing holographic sound.

Such great cans!
I didnt quite get the same impression as you did when i Demo'd the D8000, what amp/dac are you using?
At the show i was using the Auris Audio Nirvana amp that was supplied to the Final Audio booth.

Apr 5, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #491 of 4,849
Anyone here every come up with an IEM that somewhat replicate the sound of the D8000?
Funny you should mention that, at the audio show where i demo'd the D8000 i did try an IEM that was very close. it was the Campfire Solaris. i had to use regular latex tips (new obviously for sanitary reasons) so i couldnt tell if it was 100% perfect or not. i usually use foam as they're better fitting. but i could of sworn almost similar sound. which was surprising given the IEMs are a lot cheaper..

Apr 11, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #492 of 4,849
I’m continually impressed with the sound of the D8000. I’ve never listened to a headphone before that sounded so right to me throughout the frequency range.

Apr 11, 2019 at 1:13 AM Post #493 of 4,849
Anyone here every come up with an IEM that somewhat replicate the sound of the D8000?

Final has shown an on ear planar in prototype form, I believe the D6000. Not an iem, but portable.

Apr 11, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #494 of 4,849
I just posted my review on the silver cables for the D8000, as well as the Sonorous line.

Also, I’ve noticed if I view my review as a guest, certain words are embedded with hyperlinks which takes one to retail sites. I’m using a Mac with Safari as my browser, so I may have malware, but I’d be interested if anyone else not logged in has this same issue.

Apr 11, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #495 of 4,849
I just posted my review on the silver cables for the D8000, as well as the Sonorous line.

Also, I’ve noticed if I view my review as a guest, certain words are embedded with hyperlinks which takes one to retail sites. I’m using a Mac with Safari as my browser, so I may have malware, but I’d be interested if anyone else not logged in has this same issue.

Great review and thanks for sharing your impressions! It's a great looking cable. I have a few silver cables from Norne and DHC that I use for different headphones and I find during some of my listening they offer more controlled and tighter bass leading to a more balance presentation.

Regarding the hyperlinks, I see them too when I tried as a guest, but not when I am logged in so I think you're good!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back