FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 1, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #8,041 of 18,020
Yes. You can see in the pic that I have two adaptors because the Mojo has a standard 3.5mm input and the X3ii/X5ii/X7 use a non-standard shared jack with the Line Out. The problem is that usually the pins for coaxial in a 3.5mm jack are at the tip (signal) and the sleeve (ground). That would be a TS cable with one black ring.

The shared FiiO jacks have the coaxial signal on the sleeve and the ground on the third ring as illustrated in the pic I posted. The line out uses the tip and the first ring for Left stero and Right stereo signals and the ground is shared on the third ring. This is a TRRS connection configured specifically for the FiiO DAPs.

You need to use the adaptor or have a custom cable made with the appropriate wiring for FiiO DAPs. It's a pain.

Edit: I've outlined this extensively in the Mojo thread and you can also read the Mojo FAQ for more information.

Thanks for the clarification. I shall take a read over at the Mojo thread. Now the problem is where to get the second adapter. Only 1 comes included with the X7.
Yes indeed sounds like a pain.  No wonder plugging in a direct coaxial from Mojo to X7 didn't work today.

Jan 1, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #8,042 of 18,020
Happy New Years Everyone!  Welcoming 2016 in style 
gs1000.gif

Jan 1, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #8,043 of 18,020
With this setup you're using the E18 for the amp portion only correct? So X7 was transport and DAC.
Also did you notice the wifi noise went away with the LO to E18?

Yes the E18 as the amp only. Luckily I haven't experienced any wifi noise at all.

Jan 1, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #8,044 of 18,020
Happy New Years Everyone!  Welcoming 2017 in style :gs1000smile:

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

Where can I get one of those fancy time machines like you! :wink::D ("Welcoming 2017 in style")

Jan 1, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #8,046 of 18,020
Can you LO to the iFi DSD micro with X7 and comment if better than X7 standalone and if so how much better. I'm considering the DSD micro as Mojo price tag much too high and not as available in my area.

I connected the X7 from its line out socket output to the iFi micro idsd's 3.5mm analogue input (bypassing the DAC of the idsd, as the X7 DAC is very capable already!). The dynamics improved quite considerably, especially from the lower upto the mid frequency range (I'm using the shure se846 by the way, an iem known to have deep bass reproduction, for this sound comparison). However, after prolonged continued listening, I noticed that some details got lost in the high frequency range, or in other words, the treble flattened out a bit if connected to the idsd.

IMO, listening from the ifi micro idsd is somewhat more "pleasurable"; or warm and non fatiguing. But I do not recommend using the shure se846, as the treble became thinner. I would suggest using sennheiser ie800 (another favorite iem of mine) or any other treble-centric headphones.

Jan 1, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #8,049 of 18,020
I want that K5 so bad, it's not yet available in my country! Lucky you
smily_headphones1.gif

They are amazingly good together. You will absolutely love the combo once you have them.

Jan 1, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #8,051 of 18,020
Hi has anyone tried using a very good shielded audio cable to see if it improves or fixes the wifi noise issue? If this can fix it, i rather keep my X7 then go through the hassle of returning and re-buying. Anyone tried? I just ordered this one off Amazon to test:  FRiEQ 3.5mm Male To Male Car and Home Stereo Cloth Jacketed Audio Cable (4 Feet/1.2M) for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Smartphones and mp3 players Black/Green (Plug will be Fully Seated with Phone Case On)

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00HZDILKQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Jan 1, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #8,052 of 18,020
Hi has anyone tried using a very good shielded audio cable to see if it improves or fixes the wifi noise issue? If this can fix it, i rather keep my X7 then go through the hassle of returning and re-buying. Anyone tried? I just ordered this one off Amazon to test:  FRiEQ 3.5mm Male To Male Car and Home Stereo Cloth Jacketed Audio Cable (4 Feet/1.2M) for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Smartphones and mp3 players Black/Green (Plug will be Fully Seated with Phone Case On)

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00HZDILKQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

That's an interconnect. You can use it to connect the X7 to an external headphone amplifier. Is that what you're planning to do?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 1, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #8,053 of 18,020
That's an interconnect. You can use it to connect the X7 to an external headphone amplifier. Is that what you're planning to do?

Oh darn did I order the wrong cable. No I want to test a good shield cable to replace the one that my headphones (NAD HP50) came with. The cable would connect from X7 to headphone's 3.5mm input.

Jan 1, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #8,054 of 18,020
Oh darn did I order the wrong cable. No I want to test a good shield cable to replace the one that my headphones (NAD HP50) came with. The cable would connect from X7 to headphone's 3.5mm input.

That cable is interconect, but also suitable for headphones with 3.5 mm plug, like yours. You didn't make a mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back