FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion
Sep 13, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #151 of 266
I am hearing big changes in the firmwares and I'm actually a little concerned, why they would change the sound for the worse.
(I'm thinking its an attempt to free up recourses and if this is true this is a terrible idea. Id rather a glitches and pauses, just leave the sound in the best possible reproduction as is in version 2.)

To those hearing a change your not going mad.

Sep 13, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #152 of 266
^ omg, here we go again.  
tongue.gif

Sep 13, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #153 of 266
Agree - unsubbing.

Sep 13, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #154 of 266
:deadhorse:

Sep 13, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #157 of 266
unsubbed! It's really time.

Sep 15, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #159 of 266
Maybe we need firmware version 3.0 that fixes Everything!
Including the sound! :p

Sep 17, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #160 of 266
It may be that (1) different firmware versions have different default settings values or (2) settings values changed at current firmware are reseted (or mistaken) after flashing the new firmware. Like for a PC BIOS - flashing new BIOS practically requires the resetting to defaults to avoid side effects and glitches. So may be one should reset to defaults either before flashing or after and then reconfigure back to his taste.

Sep 17, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #161 of 266
still wanna tell me i cant hear a difference? It definitely is not a big difference (as other have said), it's very subtle, but it's there

How are you ABXing two different firmwares :confused:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 17, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #162 of 266
How are you ABXing two different firmwares
confused.gif

I've had the same question for a while now. Since this discussion has turned into some kind of audiophile kindergarten, I didn't want to ask... It's good that we get a reaction from you though!

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #163 of 266
Like everyone else I'm tired of this endless SQ silliness, but there are still some real firmware issues and firmware improvements to be sorted out. The problem of poor playback/stuttering on 96khz/24bit files has NOT been fixed so we still have a high res player that can't properly play high res flac files.  Please please fix this or I for one am done!  How about the auto advance to the next folder that was talked about? And adding exfat support to the X5 as well as the X3?

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #164 of 266
I, for my part, think, there is in reality a slight difference. But!!, it is more or less considered irrelevant as my (again: for my part) hearing sensivity strongly depends on several other environmental impacts. 
I too am very more interested in what is fiio acutally working on / what improvements / features will we see in the future.
Is it too sassy to ask, when you are planning to release another beta? If yes, never mind... 
cool.gif

Sep 17, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #165 of 266
I used the "suggested" method. Can't remember who it was, but the person created recordings of the same audio clip from the various fw versions. I know that's not the best way to test it, as you're now bringing a whole host of other factors into it, I.e the recording equipment, the PC sound card and speakers. I was told that unless I do that method my notion that there is a difference is ignored...and so I did the test. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it is such a slight difference, but prominent enough for me, and others, to pick up on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back