Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Dec 15, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #12,256 of 15,897
I just tested for you - both Neutron and a Pure Music. Both in Song mode and Album Mode. Using both Shuffle and Playthrough. No crashes. Works perfectly.

Or are you using a different mode?

Suggest upgrading to latest fw and after upgrade, do a factory reset. It sometimes helps.

I use shuffle and already on latest fw.
i might try factory reset

Dec 15, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #12,257 of 15,897
Had my X5iii for almost a week now, and for the life of me, I can't get used to this power button. It's very hard to press, and it seems like I have to press all my force directly in the middle or it doesn't register. That issue, and the so-so battery life are the only draw backs for me right now. I'm having a real hard time overcoming the power button issue only because I have to use it so often to turn the screen on, and to boot the device back up after idle shutoff mode shuts the device off.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Dec 15, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #12,258 of 15,897
It is not a force issue, it's a length of time you need to press it issue. I am guessing you press harder do to frustration. Once you learn that it takes a five second press to activate the thing, you'll be able to use a lighter touch. I use Pure Audio Mode and battery life is eight hours plus which works fine for me. Are you seeing less time?

Dec 15, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #12,259 of 15,897
Had my X5iii for almost a week now, and for the life of me, I can't get used to this power button. It's very hard to press, and it seems like I have to press all my force directly in the middle or it doesn't register. That issue, and the so-so battery life are the only draw backs for me right now. I'm having a real hard time overcoming the power button issue only because I have to use it so often to turn the screen on, and to boot the device back up after idle shutoff mode shuts the device off.

Helps to use the point end of your finger, especially if you have large fingers. Also the 5 seconds or so as mentioned above is important!!!

Dec 15, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #12,260 of 15,897
Completely off topic but i haven't switched the X5 III on since i got the zx300. Just pure music!

Dec 16, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #12,261 of 15,897
Completely off topic but i haven't switched the X5 III on since i got the zx300. Just pure music!
Friends don't let friends use Sony.

Dec 16, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #12,263 of 15,897

It's one of the things I still hate about the X5iii, even after months of use the power button annoys me on a daily basis. They did at least move it for the X7ii but not sure if folks still find it a pain.

Battery life was workable for me (~8 hours) but certainly enjoying the 30 hours on the ZX300 at the moment, instant on and always stable. Do feel something is missing from the sound thou but giving it a while before a do a direct comparison, oh and missing the X5 pocket warmer for sure in this weather! :snowflake::wink:

Dec 16, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #12,264 of 15,897
It's one of the things I still hate about the X5iii, even after months of use the power button annoys me on a daily basis. They did at least move it for the X7ii but not sure if folks still find it a pain.

Battery life was workable for me (~8 hours) but certainly enjoying the 30 hours on the ZX300 at the moment, instant on and always stable. Do feel something is missing from the sound thou but giving it a while before a do a direct comparison, oh and missing the X5 pocket warmer for sure in this weather! :snowflake::wink:
are you using balanced?

Dec 16, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #12,265 of 15,897
I have exactly the same
If I do a reset factory I loose the viper effect i à have already buy?
I'm using 1.1.9 fidelizer and I want to go stock 1.1.9 and doing a factory reset next for a clean install
So I have done :
_ return to stock 1.1.1 with the upgrade tools
_factory reset
_update stock 1.1.9
_factory reset
_install neutron, scan library, launch album

After a while when I press button power to screen on, neutron crash, so same issue :/ very disappointed with this

Dec 16, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #12,266 of 15,897
Latest FW proves Fiio continues to disappoint us with shoddy programming: according to Pure & Android mode I have only 1 song by each of the artists in my library & I have no idea why it is showing wrong images.
Screenshot_2017-12-16-16-19-56.png
Screenshot_2017-12-16-16-13-53.png

BTW. the choice of "Cold Shoulder" by Adele was purely random & not some hidden or Freudian meaning.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #12,267 of 15,897
Did you rescan after the reset. How about contacting FiiO directly, and they’ll probably want to see the operational logs. FYI what you’ve described does not happen on my unit.

Dec 16, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #12,268 of 15,897
That (1 song) bug did happen on my unit before, but a database reset, rescan, and reboot if my device did the trick. This was prior to 1.1.9, though.

Dec 16, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #12,270 of 15,897
Did you rescan after the reset. How about contacting FiiO directly, and they’ll probably want to see the operational logs. FYI what you’ve described does not happen on my unit.
Thanks for info. Now good again as per my reply to WitzyZed above. Never has this bug before but maybe this kind of refreshing needs to be part of everybody's routine after every new FW?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back