Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Dec 16, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #12,271 of 15,897
The reset clears any possible database errors. It’s usually the first thing you should do if you get any anomalies

Dec 16, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #12,272 of 15,897
The reset clears any possible database errors. It’s usually the first thing you should do if you get any anomalies
I wonder if Fiio's FW update process could include this kind of reset as it does involve switching DAP off/on & a few more minutes doing a reset might be time well spent whilst we wait for the new FW to be implemented?

Dec 16, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #12,273 of 15,897
If you did that you’d get even more people complaining. The reset removes your apps and other data. Music is left intact, but things like play store login goes. Can you imagine the reaction if a FiiO did that?

Dec 16, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #12,274 of 15,897
If you did that you’d get even more people complaining. The reset removes your apps and other data. Music is left intact, but things like play store login goes. Can you imagine the reaction if a FiiO did that?
I just did the rescan/reboot not a full reset. I think Fiio would cause a riot if they included a wipe of everything else!

Dec 16, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #12,275 of 15,897
FIIO music apps stink, and that is being kind. After rescan Pure Music mode songs are lacking many albums that Android version shows. Foobar2000 shows them all without any extra efforts. Only glitch with Foobar has been some incorrect album art in the main listing. All in all I like the sound but the interface of this player is awful and the app behavior is worse.

At some point I will be moving on, just waiting for the right player without Android (don't really need it) and ability to drive HD600 . Any suggestions?

Dec 16, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #12,276 of 15,897
That may be your experience - I have the complete opposite. It can be a little slow sometimes on my unit but generally pretty bug free for me, and each time they add new features, it is becoming more mature. If you really want the best experience with enough driving power - stick with a modern phone and add a decent dac/amp.

Personally, I’ll stick with the X5iii and X7ii

Dec 16, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #12,278 of 15,897
In recent posts factory reset and database reset have been mentioned. Are these the same thing? I know how to do a factory reset and fortunately haven't had any problems that would require this action, as I understand it that this would uninstall the 2 android apps I've bought.
If a database reset is different, how would I accomplish this and what situation would call for such an action?
Still figuring my way around this thing and still loving the way it sounds.

Dec 16, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #12,279 of 15,897
The reset database option can be found in FiiO music settings listed right above ViPER Effect.

Dec 16, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #12,280 of 15,897
I know my X5 III was not getting enough love and I switched it on after a week. I must say i still very much like the sound. Great pairing with the Meze 99c

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #12,281 of 15,897
I went a while without using mine. I was mad at it. I was just using my S8 and I was surprised how useful that was. (plus it was living in me pockets anyway). But 1.1.8 got me back on and I'm using it two to three hours most days. But I am also spending a lot of time listening to LPs. (now that I have the fancy automagic LP cleaner from Audiodesk) Clean records sound a lot better and sadly vinyl releases are higher fidelity these days then CDs. Why they compress the hell out of the recordings before they dump them onto silver discs I'll never understand.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #12,282 of 15,897
"Ground Control to Major Tom
Ground Control to Major Tom
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on"

Bowie sounds great.

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #12,283 of 15,897
I went a while without using mine. I was mad at it. I was just using my S8 and I was surprised how useful that was. (plus it was living in me pockets anyway). But 1.1.8 got me back on and I'm using it two to three hours most days. But I am also spending a lot of time listening to LPs. (now that I have the fancy automagic LP cleaner from Audiodesk) Clean records sound a lot better and sadly vinyl releases are higher fidelity these days then CDs. Why they compress the hell out of the recordings before they dump them onto silver discs I'll never understand.
Gotta get yourself a FiiO X7ii! Big improvement over the X5iii in sound!

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #12,284 of 15,897
Everything but the RK3188 just stops me in my tracks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back