Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Dec 22, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #12,302 of 15,897
How do you get turbo mode?

Dec 22, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #12,305 of 15,897
So aside from my small issue with the power button that I am slowly getting over, I've been doing a lot of listening and comparing. The x5iii is definitely a laid back sounding unit. I would say it's best at home with IEMs. When trying to use it to directly drive my Focal Elear and T5P, it somewhat lacks the juice and voltage swing capabilities to convey a rhythmically exciting listen. However, it does provide a very liquid and engaging midrange. On its own however, it's no match compared to using the x5iii --> Mojo (which honestly I would hope the Mojo sounds better considering it's a $530 "add on").

I do like the x5iii --> 1More Quad driver combo a lot. The x5iii brings a nice midrange to the table that synergizes well.

Dec 23, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #12,306 of 15,897
Had my X5iii for almost a week now, and for the life of me, I can't get used to this power button. It's very hard to press, and it seems like I have to press all my force directly in the middle or it doesn't register. That issue, and the so-so battery life are the only draw backs for me right now. I'm having a real hard time overcoming the power button issue only because I have to use it so often to turn the screen on, and to boot the device back up after idle shutoff mode shuts the device off.

Has anyone else had this problem?

So aside from my small issue with the power button that I am slowly getting over [...]

The power button should be very tactile, clicky and easy to press. When you power up just press for 3 seconds then WAIT 3 seconds for the blue led to light up. It doesn't light up instantly after pressing.
If it doesn't work like this it may be malfunctioning and you should return / replace the player.

Dec 23, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #12,307 of 15,897
The power button should be very tactile, clicky and easy to press. When you power up just press for 3 seconds then WAIT 3 seconds for the blue led to light up. It doesn't light up instantly after pressing.
If it doesn't work like this it may be malfunctioning and you should return / replace the player.

Yea I would definitely not describe my power button as "tactile, clicky and easy to press." It's actually the opposite in every way. There is no discernible "click" when I press mine down, and it has quite a bit of resistance. Out of any device I've ever owned, this button has required the most force to activate it. I pretty much have to use my the nail of my thumb pressing directly in the middle to activate it; if I am off just a bit, the button will not register. I am aware of the 3 second requirement for boot up (as well as the delay for the blue power LED), so that is not an issue here.

Dec 24, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #12,308 of 15,897
Yea I would definitely not describe my power button as "tactile, clicky and easy to press." It's actually the opposite in every way. There is no discernible "click" when I press mine down, and it has quite a bit of resistance. Out of any device I've ever owned, this button has required the most force to activate it. I pretty much have to use my the nail of my thumb pressing directly in the middle to activate it; if I am off just a bit, the button will not register. I am aware of the 3 second requirement for boot up (as well as the delay for the blue power LED), so that is not an issue here.
We have tried to tell you, no force is required, just a 5 second push. But no force is required. You do it because you believe it is needed, it's not.

Dec 24, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #12,309 of 15,897
As others have said, it's super easy. You can even hear the click.

Dec 24, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #12,310 of 15,897

The power button takes time to get used to. No clicks, no satisfying on-off noise. Just hold down for a few seconds, take away finger and see if blue light is on. Else repeat. One gets used to it but it's not nice.

Dec 24, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #12,311 of 15,897
We have tried to tell you, no force is required, just a 5 second push. But no force is required. You do it because you believe it is needed, it's not.

I can understand his frustration. I thought my first X5III had a faulty power button and I have used Android since my old HTC brick. Compared to ALL of my other Android products the X5III takes a long time to respond.

Dec 24, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #12,314 of 15,897
Quick question without trawling through 800 pages does the Fiio X5III support Native DSD files?
( as in all sample rates )

also with turbo mode is it as powerful as the stock Fiio X7II?

Many thanks

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #12,315 of 15,897
I just got a notice on my smartphone that a music player I use has a new version. What is a quick method of updating the version I have on my X5iii? I don't leave wifi on so my unit is never regularly checking the Internet for updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back