Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Dec 30, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #12,331 of 15,896
It might be helpful if the process of installing new FW included a reset & rescan of the music database to ensure a clean installation to avoid such bugs from creeping in? The extra time to do such an automated rescan would minimal during a FW upgrade especially if it improved our user experience? A full Factory Reset should only be done by the user.

Hello,

I have the same issue. After the firmware update to 1.1.9 I performed a full "swipe data/cache" in Android Recovery boot menu and rescannef my music library. Unfortunately, It did not fix the issue.
What is strange is that after the swipe, some old files (logs, images, ...) remain in the internal storage. I can see them with ES Explorer. May be parts of old music database are there too.

I have just tried to click "Database Reset" in the FiiO Music application menu itself and have rescanned the music folder, and it has fixed the issue !

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #12,332 of 15,896
Thank you for your message.

When you wrote "Factory Data Reset", you deal with swipe data and cache in Android Reovery boot menu ?
If yes, It does not solve my issues (as I wrote in my message). But perhaps there is another way to "Factory Data Reset".

[Update] My uderstanding of the previous posts is that I must perform a "Database Reset" in FiiO Music Apps to fix my ussie, not a Factory Reset of Android and Data. But I may be wrong. Anyway, I will try.
There is a area in your settings menu where it reads Factory Data reset, hit that. You will lose anything on your player bit it will fix your issues. If all you have is your 2 mSD cards filled you'll just have to rescan. Clearing the Cache is not the same thing.

Dec 31, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #12,333 of 15,896
Anybody have opinions on pairing this X5iii with the Oppo PM3?

I'm trying to decide between this and the new Shanling N5ii. Specifically for the Oppo PM3.

Jan 2, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #12,335 of 15,896
036B3EC5-6FD6-4B06-A736-5A8F79E14AA1.jpeg
So I guess @FiiO blocks you now when you ask too much questions they don’t want to answer. :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #12,336 of 15,896
Does anyone have any tips for ES Explorer?
I just want to know what I can safely clean on a regular basis to keep things humming along nicely...

It reads 1.18 gb of "junk files" but I'm trying to be cautious and don't want to bork my library just as I got it behaving the way I want to with album art, etc.

Jan 3, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #12,340 of 15,896
Does anyone have any tips for ES Explorer?
I just want to know what I can safely clean on a regular basis to keep things humming along nicely...

It reads 1.18 gb of "junk files" but I'm trying to be cautious and don't want to bork my library just as I got it behaving the way I want to with album art, etc.
No need to do cleaning, Android should do that when it needs to.
Just don't install lots of apps, keep it as basic as possible, only for it's purpose as a DAP.
Also ES File Explorer became so bloated lately, it's not what it used to be anymore. I recommend a more lightweight file explorer like this one
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asus.filemanager
I uninstalled ES Explorer and this is what I use.

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #12,341 of 15,896
My usb audio seems ok. Only strange thing is that volume control is active on USB audio and it shouldn't be so.
But Fiio is aware of this. They said me that usb audio is in developing.

Just curious, technically, what your setup is regarding your utilization of USB audio on the X5III. What gear, software, etc.

I was considering purchasing the Meridian Explorer 2 and coupling it to the X5 with an OTG cable. I have Tidal HiFi and wanted to stream Tidal MQA through USB Audio Player Pro into the Meridian for the full unfold. The problem is, of course, you don't know what's going to work until you've already bought everything.

Thanks for any info you might have regarding your setup.

Jan 3, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #12,342 of 15,896
Just curious, technically, what your setup is regarding your utilization of USB audio on the X5III. What gear, software, etc.

I was considering purchasing the Meridian Explorer 2 and coupling it to the X5 with an OTG cable. I have Tidal HiFi and wanted to stream Tidal MQA through USB Audio Player Pro into the Meridian for the full unfold. The problem is, of course, you don't know what's going to work until you've already bought everything.

Hi, my setup is very simple: X5

My setup is very simple:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sho...ictures-please.529140/page-1464#post-13933253
Fiio + DAC/Amp + headphone

I use Fiio usb output to feed (with a normal usb cable), the usb input of my Dac/Amp
And this is all

Jan 3, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #12,344 of 15,896

Users who are viewing this thread

Back