Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Dec 25, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #12,316 of 15,897
I just got a notice on my smartphone that a music player I use has a new version. What is a quick method of updating the version I have on my X5iii? I don't leave wifi on so my unit is never regularly checking the Internet for updates.

Where from did you install the application?
Opening the Play Store finding the app and updating it from there is the only obvious option..

If you just connect your device to wifi it should auto update.

Dec 25, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #12,317 of 15,897
Quick question without trawling through 800 pages does the Fiio X5III support Native DSD files?
( as in all sample rates )

also with turbo mode is it as powerful as the stock Fiio X7II?

Many thanks

Certain DSD subtypes, yes.
DSD64 / 2.8mHz, DSD128 / 5.6 mHz play natively...
However. If you have an .iso SACD disc image, the X5-III cannot always play this ".DST" format. It can play DFF or DSF files stored on your device, however.

Dec 25, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #12,318 of 15,897
Where from did you install the application?
Opening the Play Store finding the app and updating it from there is the only obvious option..

If you just connect your device to wifi it should auto update.
I found the app via a Web search. I don't get on the Android side of my X5iii very often but it didn't take too long to find the Google Store. It updated my 2 apps with little problem. Wifi is unbelievably slow. Don't know if that's a character of the unit or the day.
Thanks for the info!

Dec 26, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #12,321 of 15,897
Hi FiiO! Will there be support for Kkbox app? My friend uses Kkbox to listen to Taiwanese music, but he can’t use the side button to play/pause tracks.

Dec 28, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #12,322 of 15,897
Hi FiiO! Will there be support for Kkbox app? My friend uses Kkbox to listen to Taiwanese music, but he can’t use the side button to play/pause tracks.
Dear friend,

The button of X5III is strictly based on Android definition. However, third-party APP would make its own definition while using system buttons. So the button definition of system itself and third-party APP might be conflicted. We couldn't change the button definition of third party APP. Therefore, the play/pause or previous/next track button might not able to work perfectly when using third-party APP (These APPs might work fine on cellphones cause most of the cellphones only have volume button for adjustment and no next/previous track button).

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 28, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #12,324 of 15,897
I'm still having the offline Tidal issue whereby it will glitch after about 4/5 songs - restarting the song cures it and it plays cleanly for about another 4/5 before doing it again. I have noticed that it doesn't happen with bluetooth headphones - only cabled or coax to an external DAC.

Anyone else?

Many thanks...cured the Tidal offline issue!

Interesting... At work now so I can not test but what does that do for gapless playback?

Dec 30, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #12,326 of 15,897
Hello,

I have just installed firmware 1.1.9 on my Fiio X5 III, and I have an issue in the artist view.

It displays album covers which do not match the artist ! And Same covers are displayed for different artists.... Very strange

Capt_FiioX5-3-119_Artist.jpg

Image at root level
None of the 2 covers displayed in the screenshot match with the artists displayed in the screenshot.

Also, I don't iunderstand why it displays "1 song(s) in total", beacuse the folder does not contain songs, but subfolders for albums (which contain .mp3 files). For example :

root
artist 1
album 1
song 1.mp3
song 2.mp3​
album 2
song 1.mp3
song 2.mp3​
artist 2
album 1
song 1.mp3
song 2.mp3​

I have performed a clear data and cache in Android Recovery then have rescanned the full music library (10900 songs, MP3 320 kb/s CBR, album covers 450*450 pixels in each .mp3 file). But I still have the issue.

I would prefer it displays no cover at all in artist view.

Thank you

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #12,327 of 15,897
You have to enable crossfade in Tidal settings, set it to one second.

This will work!!

Yes, this seems to cure the random skipping / glitching, but I also found that if I want to use crossfade with more time (like 5 seconds or more) it doesn't work, at the point it's supposed to start crossfading it cuts off the song and skips to the next.
Also Loudness Normalization doesn't work. Crossfading and Normalization both work well in my phone. My guess is that because the "deeply customized" Android version in FiiO, some features that apps need are not available. That can also explain why system-level EQ apps don't work.

Another issue I found is that when wi-fi and bluetooth are both enabled and used to stream Tidal to my BT Speaker, the wi-fi often disconnects, and reconnects and streaming is not fluent.
The wi-fi slowness / problems really need to be addressed. My phone always connects at 54 Mbps, while X5 at 24 Mbps or lower.

Dec 30, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #12,328 of 15,897
Hi guys, this is a lmg thread. I’m reading it to get my answers but I hope you could clarify somethings for me while I try to find the answers:
  • I have my music on a remote media server. Can I use something like plex to access my music?
  • With the new turbo balanced...I guess I don’t need to ask if it can power hd660 adecuately..
  • Can I use it as a desktop amp/dac? Do I need to buy something else for it to work?
Cheers!

Dec 30, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #12,329 of 15,897
Hello,

I have just installed firmware 1.1.9 on my Fiio X5 III, and I have an issue in the artist view.

It displays album covers which do not match the artist ! And Same covers are displayed for different artists.... Very strange

Capt_FiioX5-3-119_Artist.jpg

Image at root level
None of the 2 covers displayed in the screenshot match with the artists displayed in the screenshot.

Also, I don't iunderstand why it displays "1 song(s) in total", beacuse the folder does not contain songs, but subfolders for albums (which contain .mp3 files). For example :

root
artist 1
album 1
song 1.mp3
song 2.mp3​
album 2
song 1.mp3
song 2.mp3​
artist 2
album 1
song 1.mp3
song 2.mp3​

I have performed a clear data and cache in Android Recovery then have rescanned the full music library (10900 songs, MP3 320 kb/s CBR, album covers 450*450 pixels in each .mp3 file). But I still have the issue.

I would prefer it displays no cover at all in artist view.

Thank you
Its been posted a few times that a factory data reset will solve your issues. Give that a whirl.

Dec 30, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #12,330 of 15,897
Its been posted a few times that a factory data reset will solve your issues. Give that a whirl.

Thank you for your message.

When you wrote "Factory Data Reset", you deal with swipe data and cache in Android Reovery boot menu ?
If yes, It does not solve my issues (as I wrote in my message). But perhaps there is another way to "Factory Data Reset".

[Update] My uderstanding of the previous posts is that I must perform a "Database Reset" in FiiO Music Apps to fix my ussie, not a Factory Reset of Android and Data. But I may be wrong. Anyway, I will try.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back