Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Oct 4, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #11,761 of 15,897
I wonder if the problem is with fiio music app or the card. I wish he had tired it with some other player just to be sure which one it is.

He did say. Both HaPeKa and Brooko covered it. HaPeKa said the problem was the size of his library(60 000+ songs), and Brooko explained why that happened (interestingly Brooko explained it before HaPeKa mentioned it - Brooko explained it to someone else but it is the same principle).

If you play music according to folders: no problem.
If you play music according to pre-made playlists: no problem.
If you want to shuffle more than sixty thousand songs, be prepared to wait....

Oct 4, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #11,762 of 15,897
Alright there's clearly some language barrier preventing you from grasping this, but I'll try again.

512px-Animal_hearing_frequency_range.svg.png

If you want to hear something above 23 kHz you better have a tail. Such as a CAT.

But seriously, "in bold darkness" ?
What are you even attempting to point out...

Just one thing - that you have no understanding, what 24/192 means.

Oct 4, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #11,763 of 15,897
But that's more to the point that this is all just marketing these DAP manufacturers stamp "hi-res audio" on the box and one up each other with silly numbers beyond our hearing that caps out at 23,000 hZ anyways!

The DAP makers have surely run out of HW specifications that make any real world difference regarding Hz-KHz? Was there even any noise made in the sound studio to capture at the exotic frequencies? Some devices even process exotic inputs and then explicitly limit output to 20KHz. And, don't even great headphones fail to give flat frequency lines up to never mind past 22KHz and then there are those confusing roll-off filters? Do we want more of these features or real-world benefits?
I imagine chasing exotic frequencies has run its course and as regards future HW, we may want things like better batteries, Bluetooth 5, more RAM (>2GB), faster processors, & Blu Ray screens for music videos plus enough amplifier power? Future battles must include better SW development to deliver superb user-interface experiences. BUT, how do the DAP makers get across their next superb UI development when they are dyed-in-the-wool HW guys? Future winners in the DAP market will need a paradigm shift in their thinking and buyers will need a similar shift in their perception of quality & value that they are willing to pay for.
Hopefully, Fiio will thrive by continuing to find new extra value without adding too much cost.

Oct 4, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #11,764 of 15,897
I am going to return the Fiio X5 III i got since it has one Black Dead pixel on the screen
I hope to get a New Fiio X5 III black soon, already contacted the store as it is in the 14 days return period.
Is sad because i like my Fiio X5 III but this big black dead pixel realy look bad when i look at the screen
and it wont go away.

This is the first experience i have with Fiio Company a Dead pixel on the screen
Hope the second be better.
Return in progress

Oct 4, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #11,765 of 15,897
The DAP makers have surely run out of HW specifications that make any real world difference regarding Hz-KHz? Was there even any noise made in the sound studio to capture at the exotic frequencies? Some devices even process exotic inputs and then explicitly limit output to 20KHz. And, don't even great headphones fail to give flat frequency lines up to never mind past 22KHz and then there are those confusing roll-off filters? Do we want more of these features or real-world benefits?
I imagine chasing exotic frequencies has run its course and as regards future HW, we may want things like better batteries, Bluetooth 5, more RAM (>2GB), faster processors, & Blu Ray screens for music videos plus enough amplifier power? Future battles must include better SW development to deliver superb user-interface experiences. BUT, how do the DAP makers get across their next superb UI development when they are dyed-in-the-wool HW guys? Future winners in the DAP market will need a paradigm shift in their thinking and buyers will need a similar shift in their perception of quality & value that they are willing to pay for.
Hopefully, Fiio will thrive by continuing to find new extra value without adding too much cost.

Here I agree with you. Not only Fiio (already sold my X5III), Onkyo for example. Audiophiles are too much forgiving for producers of new toys. And they are making big money on it. Without investing too much for research and development.

Oct 4, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #11,766 of 15,897
Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 4, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #11,767 of 15,897
I made Some Cool photos of My Fiio X5 III running Poweramp
I am returning mine to the shop since it came with a dead pixel
but I hope to get a new one soon, Meanwhile here is the photos
Here with Vmoda M100 heapdhones

I purchased many Poweramp Themes as i realy Enjoy Poweramp and themes
The ones you buy are very good atleast for me.
FbMH6gJ.jpg

RQ7z0JP.jpg

NahR3QP.jpg

juw3mFM.jpg

XfjaAXk.jpg

Hjui93Z.jpg

btd1LGy.jpg

SDBOKKI.jpg

LvOsNXl.jpg

Veo8YEy.jpg

MlY2bDU.jpg

x78ezI7.jpg

a797UyZ.jpg

ov718mN.jpg

QJNZ3vX.jpg

hE6QjL7.jpg

HT5sj46.jpg

glRfevA.jpg

Oct 4, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #11,768 of 15,897
Hi @FiiO

After update do 1.1.8 (and after factory reset/clear data and cache partition thought booltloader) I found an issue in fiio Music App

When selecting under Artist/Album and press play for example Novelists/Noir, after this album finishes (even though album repeat is selected and play through folders is disable) player start playing Callisto/Noir album; This also causes album art visualization issues under Artist/Album visualization in which randomly shows the album art for the other album (the same is correct under tracks view). Under Album view fiio music shows all files under same album even though they are different albums

Another issue is under one particular artist(that I Could tell) it shows has having 22 musics which is correct) then it only show one album this same album shows in Album view (Name: Dreaming Is Sinking / Waking Is Rising Artist: Dayseeker)

Thanks

Oct 4, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #11,769 of 15,897
Here is Fiio X5 III with My Fostex Black T50rp Mk3 headphones
The Color Marble Headphones Purple and Yellow is a Personal designed Headphones
Fostex Kotori 201 I made Fostex Japan do for me.
I choose the colors i wanted and Fostex Japan Produced the headphones for me personalized.
xOYTy4M.jpg

rzxOWLz.jpg

fRoyEIb.jpg

ifEI6jW.jpg

2elVyNs.jpg

FuQGGIT.jpg

Oct 4, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #11,774 of 15,897
192,000 samples per second ? With a bit depth of 24? How thick are you?
It's just odd that you seem to understand it and yet you post an interesting chart that shows the frequency limits that varies species can hear.
The two are not related. And then you get huffy about it? Please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back