Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 25, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #3,271 of 15,899
  how's the bluetooth pairing with any bluetooth headphones / iems ?
thanks

listening music with X5III+airpod right now not any problem at all. BTW, X5III has been tested by Qualcomm and pass the APT-X certification so should be OK for any bluetooth speakers/headphones if it is follow the standard. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 25, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #3,272 of 15,899

The stacking kit for the X5 3rd gen is coming, do you like it in such a concise way?

I like it

Not sad to miss out on the red one.

Folks who don't wipe screens before ad pics should be fired.
Unless you own the company in which case....bust out the crayola's
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #3,273 of 15,899

I like it

biggrin.gif

deadhorse.gif
The photographer should say sorry here.  Anyway , sorry for that !

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 25, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #3,275 of 15,899
Seems that AVstore also put them up for pre-orders! Romanians and Europeans close to Romania might be interested. 

I'm not affiliated, just noticed as I'm almost done with my review and wanted to also give them a link :eek:

I was the first who preorder on Av-store George.
I was cancellig my order from Amp3 because they don't have it in the first batch.
Jmills8 have you tested balanced?
Still don't have comparision beetwen cayin c5 and fiio a5 with x5III?

Feb 25, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #3,277 of 15,899
I was the first who preorder on Av-store George.
I was cancellig my order from Amp3 because they don't have it in the first batch.
Jmills8 have you tested balanced?
I have not tried balanced but there was a post, maybe Relic, who tested the balance from the X5III.

Feb 25, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #3,278 of 15,899

deadhorse.gif

​Just joking
wink.gif

I just got the A5 amp today and will do a video with it and stacked with the X5iii. Seems very nice. Size is perfect for the X5iii 

I will compare with C5. I have both now

Feb 25, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #3,279 of 15,899

how's the bluetooth pairing with any bluetooth headphones / iems ?
thanks

listening music with X5III+airpod right now not any problem at all. BTW, X5III has been tested by Qualcomm and pass the APT-X certification so should be OK for any bluetooth speakers/headphones if it is follow the standard. 

thanks, James.
I would like to know more, because my dpx1 got the APT-X certification too, but the bluetooth pairing with it so bad.
different case when I pairing my bluetooth headphone/iems with cayin i5, it's so stable.

Feb 25, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #3,280 of 15,899
  What the... Gibby's is now selling the X5 at 599$ CDN?!? THEY BE CRAZY. Hope this doesn't happen with other vendors.. :/

Yeah I was figuring about $600.00 Canadian given the low Canadian dollar.  Then you have to add Canadian duties, transportation costs are also a huge factor as the product might not have shipped directly into the Port of Vancouver.  On niche products like portable electronics it might first arrive in Seattle or Long Beach and then have to be trucked up to the Port of Vancouver for distribution.  A huge company like Sony probably imports enough product to Canada to make it worthwhile to ship directly into the Port of Vancouver.  I actual bought my A17 at a lower price ($279.00 CAN) than it was selling for in the US ($299.00) in 2014.  Mind you that was when the Canadian dollar was at par with the US and my A17 shipped directly into the Port of Vancouver. 

I worked in St Louis for 11 years and part of my job was handling import shipments from China and other countries to both US and Canadian retailers.  You would be amazed how much shipping costs add to the price of products coming to Canada.  The landed cost on products we were able to ship directly into the Port of Vancouver were significantly lower vs having to ship to the Port of Seattle first.  When you ship into the US first duty has to be paid twice, once on landing in the US and then again importing it into Canada.

If you pre-order the X5-III from bhphotovideo at $399.99 US the final cost to import to Canada including Customs Clearance is about $598.00 CAN.  If you wait to buy it from Gibby's it is $599.99 then you still have to add tax, in my case HST so even if shipping is free it comes to almost $680.00 CAN.  

I wouldn't panic just yet on the Gibby's price, after all the bigger retailers like amazon.ca and Canada Computers aren't listing it yet.  Once all the retailers have it the pricing will settle into a  pretty narrow range.  Then you can panic about how much it will cost. 
biggrin.gif

Worst case you import it from bhphotovideo if the price in Canada is to high.

Feb 25, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #3,281 of 15,899

deadhorse.gif

​Just joking
wink.gif

I just got the A5 amp today and will do a video with it and stacked with the X5iii. Seems very nice. Size is perfect for the X5iii 

I will compare with C5. I have both now

Now this i would be very interested to read. I am enjoying my stack. 

Feb 25, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #3,282 of 15,899
  Yeah I was figuring about $600.00 Canadian given the low Canadian dollar.  Then you have to add Canadian duties, transportation costs are also a huge factor as the product might not have shipped directly into the Port of Vancouver.  On niche products like portable electronics it might first arrive in Seattle or Long Beach and then have to be trucked up to the Port of Vancouver for distribution.  A huge company like Sony probably imports enough product to Canada to make it worthwhile to ship directly into the Port of Vancouver.  I actual bought my A17 at a lower price ($279.00 CAN) than it was selling for in the US ($299.00) in 2014.  Mind you that was when the Canadian dollar was at par with the US and my A17 shipped directly into the Port of Vancouver. 

I worked in St Louis for 11 years and part of my job was handling import shipments from China and other countries to both US and Canadian retailers.  You would be amazed how much shipping costs add to the price of products coming to Canada.  The landed cost on products we were able to ship directly into the Port of Vancouver were significantly lower vs having to ship to the Port of Seattle first.  When you ship into the US first duty has to be paid twice, once on landing in the US and then again importing it into Canada.

If you pre-order the X5-III from bhphotovideo at $399.99 US the final cost to import to Canada including Customs Clearance is about $598.00 CAN.  If you wait to buy it from Gibby's it is $599.99 then you still have to add tax, in my case HST so even if shipping is free it comes to almost $680.00 CAN.  

I wouldn't panic just yet on the Gibby's price, after all the bigger retailers like amazon.ca and Canada Computers aren't listing it yet.  Once all the retailers have it the pricing will settle into a  pretty narrow range.  Then you can panic about how much it will cost. 
biggrin.gif

Worst case you import it from bhphotovideo if the price in Canada is to high.

What's 13 days worth to some people? Seriously, Headphonebar is expected to have them in by the 10th of March and then just shipping time after that. They are selling the X5-3 for $499 CAD (with free shipping). With tax (in BC it's GST+PST) it comes to $558.88. You other Canucks can't wait a little bit? Even if the shipment is delayed a little it's wise to purchase from a Canadian retailer for warranty services, preferably local.

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #3,284 of 15,899

I like it

biggrin.gif

deadhorse.gif

I wasn't really able to get pictures without reflections, maybe the photographer tried avoiding a similar level of reflections by using an extra coating 
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #3,285 of 15,899

Quote:

I wasn't really able to get pictures without reflections, maybe the photographer tried avoiding a similar level of reflections by using an extra coating 
biggrin.gif

It's android.

Hold the blue button on the right side and the up part of the rocker button on the left at the same time and it takes a screenshot and saves it in a file names screenshots.

In case you didn't know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back