Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 25, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #3,286 of 15,899
 It's android.

Hold the blue button on the right side and the up part of the rocker button on the left at the same time and it takes a screenshot and saves it in a file names screenshots.

In case you didn't know
I had no idea. Cool.

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #3,287 of 15,899

Yeah I was figuring about $600.00 Canadian given the low Canadian dollar.  Then you have to add Canadian duties, transportation costs are also a huge factor as the product might not have shipped directly into the Port of Vancouver.  On niche products like portable electronics it might first arrive in Seattle or Long Beach and then have to be trucked up to the Port of Vancouver for distribution.  A huge company like Sony probably imports enough product to Canada to make it worthwhile to ship directly into the Port of Vancouver.  I actual bought my A17 at a lower price ($279.00 CAN) than it was selling for in the US ($299.00) in 2014.  Mind you that was when the Canadian dollar was at par with the US and my A17 shipped directly into the Port of Vancouver. 

I worked in St Louis for 11 years and part of my job was handling import shipments from China and other countries to both US and Canadian retailers.  You would be amazed how much shipping costs add to the price of products coming to Canada.  The landed cost on products we were able to ship directly into the Port of Vancouver were significantly lower vs having to ship to the Port of Seattle first.  When you ship into the US first duty has to be paid twice, once on landing in the US and then again importing it into Canada.

If you pre-order the X5-III from bhphotovideo at $399.99 US the final cost to import to Canada including Customs Clearance is about $598.00 CAN.  If you wait to buy it from Gibby's it is $599.99 then you still have to add tax, in my case HST so even if shipping is free it comes to almost $680.00 CAN.  

I wouldn't panic just yet on the Gibby's price, after all the bigger retailers like amazon.ca and Canada Computers aren't listing it yet.  Once all the retailers have it the pricing will settle into a  pretty narrow range.  Then you can panic about how much it will cost. :D

Worst case you import it from bhphotovideo if the price in Canada is to high.

What's 13 days worth to some people? Seriously, Headphonebar is expected to have them in by the 10th of March and then just shipping time after that. They are selling the X5-3 for $499 CAD (with free shipping). With tax (in BC it's GST+PST) it comes to $558.88. You other Canucks can't wait a little bit? Even if the shipment is delayed a little it's wise to purchase from a Canadian retailer for warranty services, preferably local.

I think the OP was referring to the fact that initially Gibbys had the X5III listed at $499.99. However, Gibbys website clearly stated that the pre-order sale ended on the 23rd of February. I wouldn't sweat it though, as Gibbys has a price matching policy. They will match the advertised price of any Canadian retailer on any product they carry.

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #3,288 of 15,899
I had no idea. Cool.

It's android.

Hold the blue button on the right side and the up part of the rocker button on the left at the same time and it takes a screenshot and saves it in a file names screenshots.

In case you didn't know

That's a cool feature! 

I got a Xiaomi and they have a little ball named Quick Ball. That can do all menu buttons, take screen shots and lock the screen. Forgot entirely that on android you can take screen shots with volume rocker 
biggrin.gif

Thank you!

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #3,289 of 15,899

FiiO Releases the New Firmware FW1.1.1 for X5 3rd gen

The following changes and improvements have been made to FW1.1.1 compared to FW1.1.0.

1. Added album art display in lockscreen (can be enabled/disabled in FiiO Music->Settings->Lockscreen album art)
2. Added option to auto-match/manually search for lyrics & album art (the auto-match function can be enabled in FiiO Music->Settings->Auto-match lyrics & album art; and to manually search, you can directly click on the lyrics screen if there're no lyrics available or click the Functions icon at the lower right of the lyrics screen then select search);
3. Added option to display the songs by album under the Genre category (you can click the mode icon below the Genre category icon to switch display method);
4. Updated the UI of ViPER Effect;
5. Improved issue where FiiO Music would exit abnormally when scanning some CUE sheets.
6. Improved issue where the title of some tracks was displayed incorrectly;
7. Improved the track sorting method;
8. Fixed issue where the album art of some FLAC tracks could not be displayed;
9. Fixed issue where the Key-lock settings would not take effect when a third-party app enabled the lockscreen album art display;
10. Fixed issue where the display of the track list in the Now Playing menu would not refresh automatically after the list was changed;
11. Fixed issue where the player would not enter standby mode when FiiO Music was running but with no music playing;
12. Miscellaneous bug fixed.

Notes regarding the Auto-match/manually search for lyrics & album art:

a) The lyrics and album art files will be downloaded to the same directory of the corresponding song by default.
b) FiiO Music will only automatically download the lyrics or album art if there's no lyrics or album art found.
c) Currently the lyrics and album art are searched by the track title and album name. So if the track's title or album name has got prefix/suffix (such as "01", "Bonus", "Deluxe version"), you need to manually remove these characters before searching.
d) If the downloaded lyrics or album art is incorrect, you can have it removed then re-download (click the Functions icon at the lower right of the lyrics screen then select the corresponding option).

Firmware download: Click here.
How to upgrade: Click here.

FiiO Electronics Technology Co.,Ltd.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 25, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #3,290 of 15,899
  how's the bluetooth pairing with any bluetooth headphones / iems ?
thanks

I've been using it a lot with the FiiL Diva and the connection is really good.  Supports AptX too.

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #3,291 of 15,899
  will the red version be available in europe? if i choose to buy this, i definitelly want red one

yep, the red version will be available all over the world when it is ready for the market. but it may let you wait it for one or two months.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 25, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #3,292 of 15,899
Yes, Viper improvements !

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #3,293 of 15,899

FiiO Releases the New Firmware FW1.1.1 for X5 3rd gen

The following changes and improvements have been made to FW1.1.1 compared to FW1.1.0.

1. Added album art display in lockscreen (can be enabled/disabled in FiiO Music->Settings->Lockscreen album art)
2. Added option to auto-match/manually search for lyrics & album art (the auto-match function can be enabled in FiiO Music->Settings->Auto-match lyrics & album art; and to manually search, you can directly click on the lyrics screen if there're no lyrics available or click the Functions icon at the lower right of the lyrics screen then select search);
3. Added option to display the songs by album under the Genre category (you can click the mode icon below the Genre category icon to switch display method);
4. Updated the UI of ViPER Effect;
5. Improved issue where FiiO Music would exit abnormally when scanning some CUE sheets.
6. Improved issue where the title of some tracks was displayed incorrectly;
7. Improved the track sorting method;
8. Fixed issue where the album art of some FLAC tracks could not be displayed;
9. Fixed issue where the Key-lock settings would not take effect when a third-party app enabled the lockscreen album art display;
10. Fixed issue where the display of the track list in the Now Playing menu would not refresh automatically after the list was changed;
11. Fixed issue where the player would not enter standby mode when FiiO Music was running but with no music playing;
12. Miscellaneous bug fixed.

Notes regarding the Auto-match/manually search for lyrics & album art:

a) The lyrics and album art files will be downloaded to the same directory of the corresponding song by default.
b) FiiO Music will only automatically download the lyrics or album art if there's no lyrics or album art found.
c) Currently the lyrics and album art are searched by the track title and album name. So if the track's title or album name has got prefix/suffix (such as "01", "Bonus", "Deluxe version"), you need to manually remove these characters before searching.
d) If the downloaded lyrics or album art is incorrect, you can have it removed then re-download (click the Functions icon at the lower right of the lyrics screen then select the corresponding option).

Firmware download: Click here.
How to upgrade: Click here.

FiiO Electronics Technology Co.,Ltd.

​Awesome. Soon as my X5iii turned on it discovered the update and is coming in OTA.
Sweeeet!

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #3,294 of 15,899

Loving the lock screen album art!

Thanks FiiO

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #3,295 of 15,899
I would ageee with the other posts regarding the stacking kit and placement of the bands. Closer would be nice, for greater flexibility.

Matching other brands dimensions might be a bit hard, but if you can innovate, then you might be able to sell for other DAPs, too!

And when I turned the x5iii on this morning, as Hawaiibadboy stated, the FW upgrade prompted me immediately. Good stuff.

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #3,296 of 15,899

Loving the lock screen album art!

Thanks @FiiO

Mine is taking FOREVER and timing out. I have fiber optic high speed Japan speeds

The manual instructions make no sense
"Technical support"->”Firmware Update” ->Local Upgrade - > external_sd (or internal_sd if you put the file in internal storage) and select the zip update package.  The following dialog appears:

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #3,297 of 15,899
FW auto DL.

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #3,298 of 15,899
Mine is taking FOREVER and timing out. I have fiber optic high speed Japan speeds

The manual instructions make no sense
"Technical support"->”Firmware Update” ->Local Upgrade - > external_sd (or internal_sd if you put the file in internal storage) and select the zip update package.  The following dialog appears:

I would concur on timing out. I just reset my WiFi thinking it may be my speed of download; which has happened in the past.

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #3,300 of 15,899
I have hit retry 30 times already C'MON!!!!!!!!!

Lol, thought I would never say this to you, but patience. I will have to pause my download, as I am leaving for soccer (ummm, no wifi at the pitch).

Hang in there peeps! It will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back