Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 25, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #3,301 of 15,899
"Technical support"->”Firmware Update” ->Local Upgrade - > external_sd (or internal_sd if you put the file in internal storage)"Technical support"->”Firmware Update” ->Local Upgrade - > external_sd (or internal_sd if you put the file in internal storage)

Where does it say this?

Feb 25, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #3,302 of 15,899
  "Technical support"->”Firmware Update” ->Local Upgrade - > external_sd (or internal_sd if you put the file in internal storage)"Technical support"->”Firmware Update” ->Local Upgrade - > external_sd (or internal_sd if you put the file in internal storage)

Where does it say this?

its like an app look for it in the apps installed

Feb 25, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #3,304 of 15,899
Updated to FW1.1.1, first try, 15min, no issues. :veryevil:

Nice update FiiO! :D

For anyone else who is as lazy as me I would recommend removing any .pdf linear notes that may be loaded with some purchased digital downloads. I had some albums where the X5-3 had trouble selecting the right track - I'd select track 4 but the X5-3 would play track 3 or 5. Then the music app would crash randomly while playing folders/albums with .pdf files in them. I removed the .pdf linear notes from the card, reset all settings (clearing the database wasn't enough) and re-scanned the card. The scan confirmed that it scanned ten less items than the previous scan.

I recommend everyone remove any .pdf files from your card or you may get issues.

FiiO the X5-2 didn't have any issue with .pdf linear notes, and neither does the AK240. Is there any way you can have X5-3 ignore them?

Feb 25, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #3,305 of 15,899

Quote:
Updated to FW1.1.1, first try, 15min, no issues.
very_evil_smiley.gif

My cat knocked over my router

Feb 25, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #3,306 of 15,899
I would concur on timing out. I just reset my WiFi thinking it may be my speed of download; which has happened in the past.

I have hit retry 30 times already C'MON!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the late reply but the same thing happened to me so I downloaded it to my PC and then transferred it to Intetnal storage. You could download it via the browser and install it manually.

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #3,308 of 15,899

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply but the same thing happened to me so I downloaded it to my PC and then transferred it to Intetnal storage. You could download it via the browser and install it manually.

I got it thanks.

My cat needs a diet and I need to cut down on the caffeine

biggrin.gif

and i'm glad you're enjoying it. Born for Music and Happy!

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #3,309 of 15,899

That's dope!!!!

WOOOOOOOOO

Lyric search works on a track, returns Chinese lyrics on the next track and cannot find any for the next track on this album.
But I am cool. Enough excitement for today.

Quote:

biggrin.gif

and i'm glad you're enjoying it. Born for Music and Happy!

Yeah....happy is...awesome lock screens

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #3,310 of 15,899

I got it thanks.

My cat needs a diet and I need to cut down on the caffeine

when will we ever have a great band like pink floyd again

love also songs from division bell album as well

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #3,311 of 15,899

Quote:
  when will we ever have a great band like pink floyd again

No.

Perfect time for that music and the perfect music for that time.

Waters was an ego maniac Gilmour was a genius and better bassist than the bassist (Waters) as made evident by their dueling bass lines in "One of these Days" and Wright and Mason got the fu out the way of those two and held it down on their end. When Led Zeppelin, The Stones and Who were crossing genre's ever so slightly Pink Floyd was perfecting a concept that stretched across multiple albums and was perfected with DSoTM.

Everytime I get a new piece of gear it's a perfect excuse to listen to the Whole Album non stop in one sitting...again.

The X5iii treats Vinly rips of this really well

Relic, I got a 24/96 of it that is said to be the best available. Better than the 24/192 U.K. Harvest. It is really dope!

Feb 25, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #3,312 of 15,899
How about this version?

Feb 25, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #3,313 of 15,899

Mine is taking FOREVER and timing out. I have fiber optic high speed Japan speeds

*snip*

As a fellow caffeine addict, be aware that it does not matter that you have the highest-speed, most incredibly fastest internet available (my envy and jealousy isn't showing too much, I hope...
wink_face.gif
), but it is the server capacity or maximum allowable traffic throughput on FiiO's side (including their internet provider) that is the bottle-neck.  When you were trying to upgrade your firmware, so was everyone else with an active X5 at the same time so the network became bogged down and unable to fill all the requests.

It happens all the time when new software like video drivers for PC's or new games become available.  All you can do is keep trying to get a compete download without getting kicked off the server...or...just give it some time (less than a day usually works) for the traffic to settle down...or lastly, try to download/OTA update at an "odd"/low traffic hour (say, 2 a.m. in China).

Then again, as has been posted earlier, you can always download it to your computer and transfer it to the X5 but even then you might run into issues where FiiO's servers get bogged down and it takes a couple of tries to get the file.  That's what I've always run into from here on my considerably slower internet speed (that envy and jealousy thing again...
wink_face.gif
).  So please enjoy your X5 III, your internet and your music!  My X5 III should be here in a few days...maybe I'll have the firmware downloaded and ready for it by then.
biggrin.gif
  Oh yeah, I would keep the cat away from the router...
wink_face.gif

All in good fun and I hope this helps (anyone and everyone) even a little!
Cheers and All the Best!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Feb 25, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #3,314 of 15,899
My OTG update kept timing out. Took something like 2 hours to complete with all the restarts, lol.

I'm wondering if the update servers are in China proper. I know another Chinese DAP manufacturer was moving OTA updates onto servers in HK to speed things up. It worked well when I helped them test it.

Feb 25, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #3,315 of 15,899
Hi everyone. I am recently purchased some Campfire Audio Vega's and I am absolutely loving it. However, I am listening out of an IPhone 6s while I wait for the Fiio X5 iii gen (pre-ordered mid Jan) Does anyone here have any idea of what of the type of SQ improvement I should be expecting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back