FiiO UTWS1 is available now-Giving your earphones a new voice!
Jan 14, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #33 of 96
I just got mine today and it seems the left one won't clip in my Shure earphone at all. The right one works fine (I tried it with the L/R Shure bud to be sure it wasn't my earphone).

Any advice? This took ages to arrive in the UK.

Jan 15, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #36 of 96
Yea I'm disappointed

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #37 of 96
Yea I'm disappointed

I'd rather spend $10 less and purchase BT20S judging by those impressions. Although the original BT20 is much more durable and does the job equally well

Jan 16, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #38 of 96
@FiiO

Requoting the below - and I really wnat an answer to this as its not listed in your specs please.

I ordered one myself - simply because I didn't want to go the review route - it was something I've actually been looking for. The first thing I've noticed is multi-driver IEMs appearing brighter than normal. Its just something I've noticed (not measured ..... yet). You guys must know the output impedance. The good news is it makes the FA7 sound really good. the bad news is that it very much brightens your FH7. So just wondering if this is impedance related.

Or could be my ears .....

What’s the output impedance on these?

Jan 20, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #39 of 96
Hi there, received my set. Very happy with it. Paired them with my SE215. however I noticed there is an issue when I tried to pair the right side with my hand phone (2nd device).

Tried to follow the instruction of long press the button to clear off the memory. Even reset the left side and pair them. Right now I only got a working left side.

Jan 27, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #41 of 96
Have a problem with my pair too.
My pair will connect ok at first, but after a little while I have connection problems, and get lots of glitches when I use them. This happens when I'm sitting at home or in my office, where other bluetooth devices work fine.
For instance I have a TRN BT20 (older not S version), and its rock solid connection in the same exact environment, with same phone or player.
I bought thru Ali, and started a dispute there to return for refund, but waiting for Chinese New Year to get a response.

If you are having problems with the initial pairing, might try forgetting the pairing, then let them pair with each other before pairing to phone.
Some info here
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-tws-neckband-bt-cable-adapter-thread.920709/

Randy

Feb 3, 2020 at 12:01 AM Post #42 of 96
Oh and another thing is that the FCC ID printed in it is 2AULH-BT20S, which turns out to be the TRN BT20S FCC ID.

Was really looking forward to getting the 2-pin version. And a FiiO rep did confirm that it's the same as the TRN model but with 'improvements' - but looks like it's a clear rebranding plus a few more $ price hike. Is FiiO's trying to pull a fast one here? Let's see once I receive mine.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #43 of 96
So Aliexpress responded to my dispute, and requested this:
Please provide us a video and show us you follow the product instructions to pair the product with the corresponding device correctly first,
then show the malfunction clearly,please make sure the model number,system version and brand of your equipments was as seller's product page listed;

AFAIK, there is no page of compatible devices, although it implies it works with any ios or android device.
I already submitted a video showing clicking from connection problems with a Fiio X5iii dap paired to the utws1.

I was hoping Fiio would step up at some point, but really disappointed in their customer support so far.
They did offer either $10 or full refund if I return. But return shipping is so much I will hardly net anything after paying for shipping.

Randy

Feb 4, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #44 of 96
Got the 2-pin version today. The right side has a high pitch noise. It also seems to pair to the right side and then to the left side.
You got that from AliExpress?
And, by the way, we have been in contact for Google Uploader. Awesome program, a real lifesaver. Keep up the good work, man!

Feb 7, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #45 of 96
I told ali that $10 was not enough, asked for $25 or I'd return. Their response was to give me $10 and close the case.
Fiio's only responses so far was to ask questions.
I'm completely done with ali from here on, but some advice. If you get in a dispute, and they offer full refund for return, just take it. You can find cheap return shipping. I'd have done it just to not give them any of my money.

I may try and go the warranty route with Fiio, but they have been zero help so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back