[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
May 15, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #3,226 of 3,610
Audiophile Collection is complete. Don’t need anything beyond this, well I don’t need any of it. But grateful I could get these to compliment with my FiiO M6

B933EBF8-6057-4203-8D00-2FBD304A226B.png
D588D8CD-1568-4099-B77B-D39A3544D884.jpeg

May 16, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #3,227 of 3,610
I reiterate, only you can answer that question :)
Weird. People say you can’t use the ifi hip DAC with a DAP. Using it with my M6 actually provided a more consistent soundstage and the audio just feels solid with my MDR-1AM2. The M6 by itself was great, but this took it a step up in making sure mids, bass, highs, everything was balanced and smoothed out. Will give impressions when I get the IER-Z1R tomorrow

May 17, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #3,228 of 3,610
Weird. People say you can’t use the ifi hip DAC with a DAP. Using it with my M6 actually provided a more consistent soundstage and the audio just feels solid with my MDR-1AM2. The M6 by itself was great, but this took it a step up in making sure mids, bass, highs, everything was balanced and smoothed out. Will give impressions when I get the IER-Z1R tomorrow
I used my M6 with Topping nx4 dsd via Fiio cl06 cable (usb-c to micro usb). Speaking of hipdac....I paired it with Shanling m0.

May 17, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #3,229 of 3,610
I used my M6 with Topping nx4 dsd via Fiio cl06 cable (usb-c to micro usb). Speaking of hipdac....I paired it with Shanling m0.
How is it with the Shanling?

May 17, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #3,230 of 3,610
How is it with the Shanling?
Shanling m0 work immediately with hipdac using the supplied type-a female to usb-c cable. I was quite surprised that the hipdac didn't come with rubber bands like most other dacs. Luckily Shanling m0 is small, so I use blue tack to fasten the dap to hipdac. Also, I'm exclusively using the 4.4mm jack of the hipdac using Senn 6xx and 600. Hipdac is quite powerful and the sound energetic.

May 17, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #3,231 of 3,610
Shanling m0 work immediately with hipdac using the supplied type-a female to usb-c cable. I was quite surprised that the hipdac didn't come with rubber bands like most other dacs. Luckily Shanling m0 is small, so I use blue tack to fasten the dap to hipdac. Also, I'm exclusively using the 4.4mm jack of the hipdac using Senn 6xx and 600. Hipdac is quite powerful and the sound energetic.
People underestimate its potential. It's worth SO much more than its price tag suggests as well as the FiiO M6. I chose it over the WM1Z after sampling them back to back. Perhaps money saved.

May 17, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #3,232 of 3,610
People underestimate its potential. It's worth SO much more than its price tag suggests as well as the FiiO M6. I chose it over the WM1Z after sampling them back to back. Perhaps money saved.
I think that's a bit of a stretch :D

May 17, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #3,233 of 3,610
May 20, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #3,234 of 3,610
There is a new firmware update.. anyone know what the change log is?

EDIT:

M6 FW1.0.4 The specific modification point is as follows: 2020.05.20

1. new album artist classification (you can select artists or artists list display in the settings-artist list display, this upgrade involves database updates, need to re-update the song library to normal display)

2. the new car mode function (can be enabled to set-up-audio-car mode, after the device will follow the USB switch machine and fly music automatically into the driving mode page, recommended to turn on the flying music memory playback use)

3. New Flying Music/File Manager/Gallery uninstallable feature, now you can uninstall the corresponding app, and install the market version of Flying Music (when using the market version of Flying Music, you can go to Flying Music Settings - Personality Dress up, the personality background is set to a fixed background for a more fluid experience) Note: If you mistakenly uninstall Flying Music, you can re-upgrade firmware or restore factory settings to reuse!

4. new firmware version downgrade support (now, upgrade to the new version can be demoted to
this version) 5, fix DSD track seamless playback invalid issue 6, optimize Japanese sort 7, other performance optimization

Last edited:
May 20, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #3,235 of 3,610
There is a new firmware update.. anyone know what the change log is?

EDIT:

M6 FW1.0.4 The specific modification point is as follows: 2020.05.20

1. new album artist classification (you can select artists or artists list display in the settings-artist list display, this upgrade involves database updates, need to re-update the song library to normal display)

2. the new car mode function (can be enabled to set-up-audio-car mode, after the device will follow the USB switch machine and fly music automatically into the driving mode page, recommended to turn on the flying music memory playback use)

3. New Flying Music/File Manager/Gallery uninstallable feature, now you can uninstall the corresponding app, and install the market version of Flying Music (when using the market version of Flying Music, you can go to Flying Music Settings - Personality Dress up, the personality background is set to a fixed background for a more fluid experience) Note: If you mistakenly uninstall Flying Music, you can re-upgrade firmware or restore factory settings to reuse!

4. new firmware version downgrade support (now, upgrade to the new version can be demoted to
this version) 5, fix DSD track seamless playback invalid issue 6, optimize Japanese sort 7, other performance optimization

May 20, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #3,237 of 3,610
The apps I have inatalled remained but the default apps were re-installed. Simple matter to delete the unwanted ones again.

May 21, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #3,238 of 3,610
The apps I have inatalled remained but the default apps were re-installed. Simple matter to delete the unwanted ones again.
Thanks.

I'm now up to date. Nice to be able to delete the Fiio music and gallery app.

May 21, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #3,239 of 3,610
Hi
When opening the Tidal app on the m6 I get stuck trying to log in. ”Login failed due to an unexpected network error, please try again” Have tried resetting router and factory reset on the m6 to no avail. My connection and Tidal works fine on another unit, and been good on the m6 before. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thank you

May 21, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #3,240 of 3,610
Hi
When opening the Tidal app on the m6 I get stuck trying to log in. ”Login failed due to an unexpected network error, please try again” Have tried resetting router and factory reset on the m6 to no avail. My connection and Tidal works fine on another unit, and been good on the m6 before. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thank you
I have been stuck with this for many days with this issue. Finally I managed to log in using version 2.19 of the Tidal app, which offers the master quality. Afterwards i updated to the new firmware; tidal still works (fingers crossed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back