[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Sep 9, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #2,866 of 3,610
Yea maybe that's just my problem using it usb out into my ifi. I use it with screen off never switching tracks letting album play through via usb into the ifi and yep battery drain is super fast you ask me. Everyone said turn ifi on first and duh I of course I do that but I been wondering this whole time. I might just send this thing back to Amazon. Cause I mean jesus what does this even do at this point that our phones can't. And this things on board audio blows. My phone is better. I hoped for better battery life than my phone but that clearly isn't gonna happen.
I wouldn't comparea $150 device to a phone. Someone that's happy with a phone should stay with the phone. I no longer need to use my phone for music or Audiobooks since getting the M6. My phone doesn't have an SD card slot or headphone jack So I can't keep much music on it and I didn't like dongles hanging from the USB port at all. My old van that I drive most of the time now doesn't have bluetooth. So it actually fills a need the phone can't fill.

It's a small portable device. Adding an amp to it seems to defeat the purpose. It sounds really good as a on the go throw in your pocket device that can push portable iems (bluetooth and wired) and headphones quite nicely. I'm looking forward to getting something like the M11 for the bigger screen and longer battery life. Not ready to spend that kind of money though.

Sep 9, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #2,868 of 3,610
Yea maybe that's just my problem using it usb out into my ifi. I use it with screen off never switching tracks letting album play through via usb into the ifi and yep battery drain is super fast you ask me. Everyone said turn ifi on first and duh I of course I do that but I been wondering this whole time. I might just send this thing back to Amazon. Cause I mean jesus what does this even do at this point that our phones can't. And this things on board audio blows. My phone is better. I hoped for better battery life than my phone but that clearly isn't gonna happen.
I think the on board audio is very good for a relatively cheap portable player. My iPhone 6 sounds good, but the M6 sounds better. Also, playing music seems to rinse the iPhone's battery faster than the M6 does.

Maybe your M6 is defective?

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #2,873 of 3,610
Did anyone manage to successfully run neutron music full version?

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #2,874 of 3,610
Hi. My current setup is Fiio M6 > Ifi IDSD Micro Black Label. Is it possible (using Fiio Link) to control the M6 from my phone using the Fiio music app?
All my music is on the M6. I have paired my phone with the M6 and each device shows it is paired with the other. In Fiio Music when I look at the Bluetooth status
it shows that the M6 is paired but it won't show as connected. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sep 12, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #2,876 of 3,610
I bought a Fiio M6 to be used as a source to be connected with my Chord Hugo (1st edition).
I have used the Fiio CL06 to connect the Fiio M6 with my Chord Hugo.
By setting: USB output mode is ON (DOP or D2P). Connection is connected, but I can only hear distorted sound.
If the USB output mode is OFF, it can connect and sound normal. But only a maximum of 48kHz is detected.

Something wrong with my unit?
Anyone else experienced the same thing?

I also use Shanling M0 as a source. And can play DSD well in my Hugo Chord.

Sep 12, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #2,877 of 3,610
I bought a Fiio M6 to be used as a source to be connected with my Chord Hugo (1st edition).
I have used the Fiio CL06 to connect the Fiio M6 with my Chord Hugo.
By setting: USB output mode is ON (DOP or D2P). Connection is connected, but I can only hear distorted sound.
If the USB output mode is OFF, it can connect and sound normal. But only a maximum of 48kHz is detected.

Something wrong with my unit?
Anyone else experienced the same thing?

I also use Shanling M0 as a source. And can play DSD well in my Hugo Chord.
Dear friend,

Does the issue happen in DSD file only? You hugo is in SD USB input mode or HD USB input mode?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 12, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #2,880 of 3,610
Hi everyone, has anyone managed to install Poweramp licensed on M6?
I bought it on the site, but every time I try to register it it says the verification failed or "APM response - 500_NO_ORDER_FOR_ACT myemail.it"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back