[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Sep 2, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #2,851 of 3,610
Um why is this thing not outputting correct bitrate when using OTG to an ifi DSD black I get green light on it only. Tidal not working properly either, nor tracks using the fiio music app...Plus this constant freaking noise every once in while like when you click button to turn off display. It makes a noise and randomly makes the noise after that, and this is without moving either device no moving just sitting on desktop untouched at all. What the hell...

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #2,852 of 3,610
Now we all start to experience why this chinese stuff is so cheap...

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #2,853 of 3,610
Um why is this thing not outputting correct bitrate when using OTG to an ifi DSD black I get green light on it only. Tidal not working properly either, nor tracks using the fiio music app...Plus this constant freaking noise every once in while like when you click button to turn off display. It makes a noise and randomly makes the noise after that, and this is without moving either device no moving just sitting on desktop untouched at all. What the hell...

Didn't someone else experience this with the M6 (or possibly the M7 or M9)? I'm sure I've seen it mentioned.

Edit: from a quick Google there seems to be a number of issues specifically with the ifi DSD Black and Android devices. Have you got the latest firmware on the ifi?

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #2,856 of 3,610
Now we all start to experience why this chinese stuff is so cheap...
Though I am not Chinese, i dont see any objective logic behind that statement... I would say why paint everyone with the same brush..

Sep 9, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #2,858 of 3,610
Problems like what?The latest update improved the device quite a bit. Whitelisting many new apps. As far as I can see the update only made the device better. I have no issues whatsoever.

Sep 9, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #2,860 of 3,610
Anyone know how to improve the battery life. Even with WiFi off the time available is appalling. A few hours really.
I think the only way you can squeeze Fiio’s claims of battery life out of the device is to leave it continuously playing music, at a moderate volume, with the screen off.

Any time the screen’s being used, opening/closing apps, skipping, searching, etc, will eat into battery life. I find using Line Out is hard on the battery too.

I don’t think the battery life of the M6 is great, but being small, it does charge up quickly.

Sep 9, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #2,861 of 3,610
Yea maybe that's just my problem using it usb out into my ifi. I use it with screen off never switching tracks letting album play through via usb into the ifi and yep battery drain is super fast you ask me. Everyone said turn ifi on first and duh I of course I do that but I been wondering this whole time. I might just send this thing back to Amazon. Cause I mean jesus what does this even do at this point that our phones can't. And this things on board audio blows. My phone is better. I hoped for better battery life than my phone but that clearly isn't gonna happen.

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #2,862 of 3,610
Does anyone use a bluetooth audio controller like the Fiio RM-1 with this? I use the M6 with a controller when hooked up to a BT speaker when I ride my bike. Everything runs fine for awhile. When the controller goes into sleep mode, the DAP goes into pause. If I click the controller, it awakens and I can get it playing again. It happens with the RM-1, and the other button controllers out there. The thing is, every once in awhile, the DAP will continue to play even when the controller goes to sleep. Very frustrating trying to figure out what allows this or causes this variability. All sleep/pause functions are off on the DAP.

Sep 9, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #2,863 of 3,610
Anyone know how to improve the battery life. Even with WiFi off the time available is appalling. A few hours really.
A device this small with such a tiny battery I wouldn't expect more than several hours of actual play time. I haven't gotten to use mine more than that without charging yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back