[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Aug 23, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #2,836 of 3,610
hey, i hear Musical Instruments, male vocale with in ear trn v80 and on ear and didnt like the m0 flat sound

Then the M6 might be better for you as the sound is less flat than the M7. My NAD Viso HP50's are very neutral headphones and pair great with my M7. I prefer accurate natural sound to any kind of tweaking which the M6 sound definitely is.

Aug 26, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #2,837 of 3,610
I’ve always used Ipod classic and in the past but have got totally fed up with using iTunes. I’m buying an m6 with a 128g card. Now I use MusicBee to play my library which doesn’t support apple devices. When I connect the m6 do I simply drag and drop my library to the device as I have done in the past?Do I transfer to the microcard separately or in the machine?
And can I transfer the entire library in one go or do I have to do each album individually?
Sorry I’m not computer literate. Just need to get all my collection on one dap

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #2,840 of 3,610
Hello fiio, while using m6 as a Bluetooth receiver can we get the track info and album art.
Could you please consider this request for the next update.
Dear friend,

We will report to the engineer and access first. Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 27, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #2,841 of 3,610
I have the M6 its drag and drop on android or on the microsd card....on MAC it needs a driver or miniprogram so you can see android files on mac.

I’m thinking I want new BTR 5 coming soon but its sort of redundant if I have m6 isn’t it? I know its bluetooth DAC but m6 is also it just plays files as well...is the difference worth the extra cash?

Aug 27, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #2,842 of 3,610
I’ve always used Ipod classic and in the past but have got totally fed up with using iTunes. I’m buying an m6 with a 128g card. Now I use MusicBee to play my library which doesn’t support apple devices. When I connect the m6 do I simply drag and drop my library to the device as I have done in the past?Do I transfer to the microcard separately or in the machine?
And can I transfer the entire library in one go or do I have to do each album individually?
Sorry I’m not computer literate. Just need to get all my collection on one dap
Just drag and drop your whole folder on your card. Beware, some of your tracks, if not properly tagged, will appear under Unknown Artists.

Aug 28, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #2,843 of 3,610
I went ahead and bought the version from Poweramp. It's been like 5 years with the old license anyway. S
uper simple to activate on the M6 after that. Poweramp has really come a long way over the years.

Hi
I wonder if you can help me .I’ve just bought the website unlocker of Poweramp but can’t get the license to verify. I have put the email address and licence code in it comes back with no licence for my email.

Did you do anything else , is the Poweramp app downloaded from the Fiio whitelist.
Getting frustrated with it now!

Any help gratefully received.

Aug 29, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #2,844 of 3,610
no one get the issue that the m6 just switch off, do onscreen message etc when pausing music with bluetooth?

Tested today and let it play for an hour or so, with pausing and unpausing. After an hour with this the m6 just shut off when hitting pause button. It made a small beep or electric sound. Easiest reproduced with poweramp, but also happened with fiio app.

tested again with the fiio player. After ca.90 minutes of playinh and pausing, hitting pause button shuts off the m6.

Conflict with the idle timer?

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #2,845 of 3,610
Hey guys,

regarding the new update (1.0.2), I wondering if any of you tried using the VLC player or the KM player, because my question is: A. Does it slow down the device? B. Are you able to rotate the video so you can see it "Landscape"?

thx

Aug 30, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #2,847 of 3,610
I haven't bought a m6 yet but I'm planing on it next month so I have started a bit of research. Small story I'm semi disconnecting bought a dumbphone thing is I really enjoy my audiobooks, podcasts and music and the m6 seems like a nice device. Been using android since the first phone. The thing I really would miss is tasker and the way I consume my media, at night when it's time for bed I connect my charger and the audiobook app starts automatically, adjusts the volume to my liking for audiobooks and thought that would be awesome for the m6 together with a qi USB c charge pad on the back of the device and a qi Bluetooth alarm clock on the bedside table. The qi pad and clock could work but with tasker one could do so much more, for instance on my phone when I connect bt headphones the podcast app opens, when I connect 3.5mm the music app opens this can also be used together with different triggers, time, wifi state, different Bluetooth devices different apps. Would it be possible to sideload tasker on the m6?

Aug 30, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #2,848 of 3,610
How does M6 work with Fiio FA1? I like these IEMs but with rockboxed Xduoo X3 i got a lot of background hiss so I am considering something different with decent battery life.
Does M6 support gapless and ReplayGain? Due to that I am thinking about Shanling M0 but M6 is also in low price range.

Aug 30, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #2,849 of 3,610
Does M6 support gapless and ReplayGain?
It does

I like these IEMs but with rockboxed Xduoo X3 i got a lot of background hiss
I get no hiss with T800, but can't comment on FA1, never tried them.

I am thinking about Shanling M0 but M6 is also in low price range.
I have both, and the only thing i like better about M0 is a clip case.
M6 sounds better (difference isn't huge for my ears though), a bit more comfortable to use, and supports audiobooks (with Smart Audiobook Player app being whitelisted).

Aug 30, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #2,850 of 3,610
Well, I confirmed my bug. Its power off idle function.

If you use power off idle, eventually the player will shut off when you press pause using bluetooth. You can set idle to 30min, but after (for me) 40-60 min of using pause during a hike, it will shut off the player right after pressing the button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back