[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
May 16, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #2,356 of 3,610
Deep sleep works when you hit the power button to turn off the screen. Once the screen is off for a certain period of time it goes into deep sleep. You can tell this has happened as the blue light on the power button will turn off. When you hit the power button again it will wake from deep sleep.
Ok, cheers. I haven’t yet managed to “wake” the device from deep sleep yet, I only ever find it still in, or completely off. I will check this timeouts...

May 17, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #2,357 of 3,610
Dammit I feel like a rockstar! (two minutes of fame you know :wink: )
Ok, @mono-type convinced me with the "for science" bit. Smart :D

Here's the link at the bottom - let me know if/how it works.
INSTRUCTIONS:

(Note: Basically Pulsar will "impersonate" NetEase (one of them whitelisted apps) so it will be allowed to install. Both cannot coexist)

1 - Ensure NetEase Music is not installed in your M6 (anyway it should not install over it as it's a different thing)
2 - Upload the downloaded APK to your M6 SD Card, install from there.
3 - It will appear in your settings as Pulsar (so you can uninstall if needed) BUT it will appear with the NetEase icon (red and white iirc) in your M6 launcher
4- That's all!

Do I need to make a disclaimer about how this is offered with no guarantees etc? Oh, just did! :D
Well it shouldn't bust anything (we installed it at least in 3 different M6s and the app is lovely and light) but still, Godspeed!

LINK (they'll erase it in two weeks!)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fa5dmm0nqlyw1v7/netease-pulsar[1].apk
I guess I am a bit dense, but I copied the downloaded apk to my sd card, inserted it into the M6 where it shows up using the File Manager but I get no install option when I check it. Only the usual copy, move create rename, etc. How do I actually install it?

EDIT!!! Apparently my first download was corrupt as I downloaded several other whitelisted apps along with the modded Pulsar again and all installed (and work) perfectly.

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #2,358 of 3,610
Added some impressions of the DD C-M6 case for the Fiio M6 on the original review. Re-posting here below as well:

DD Electronics - C-M6 - PU Leather Case for Fiio M6

The Fiio M6 has quickly become one of my favorite DAPs for daily portable use. Fiio haven't released a specific case for the M6, so I found one at the DD Electronics store. After exchanging a few emails directly with a Fiio representative, they kindly arranged a sample of the M6 case (along with another Fiio product- to be reviewed soon). DD carries a few accessories for other Fiio's products and various cables and interconnectors too.

Links: DD Electronics website and the Aliexpress store.

The price is $16 and can be purchased from the Aliexpress site here.

The case arrives in a very simple cardboard box conveniently arranged with a plastic foam inside. Nothing fancy and actually matches the own Fiio packaging with their simplistic and discreet packaging. The only extras you get with the case are a few of 'Hi-Res Audio' stickers to attach to back of the case (not that it will improve the quality anyway).

The case is available only in black color which fits well the own M6 player color. Quality of materials seems to be durable enough, at least for the price. Haven't used for more than two weeks as to comment much about the durability in the long run, though, but it works properly to give a better grip on the device and adds the necessary protection over the included stock PU case that arrives with the M6 itself.

The case is made by multiple layers of different materials. The outer cover is logically all PU leather - no real leather to be found at this budget prices but still gives a nicer look to the player in addition to the better protection. The inner layer is made of a fabric material with a soft and very smooth finishing. A more important feature is the middle layer that holds a steel plate for the back part of the player; it is thin enough to maintain the light weight of the M6 player but also adds the best protection for it.

The shape matches perfectly well the design of the M6 with rounded corners. Like the stock PU case, the C-M6 case has no openings for the 3 playback side buttons or for the micro SD slot, but of course it has the hole for the Type-C USB port at the bottom. The left side still has 3 marks for each of the buttons that can be discerned without looking at the player, and fortunately does not affect the sensitivity; in fact, it works as good as without the case and even a bit better than with the stock case. The fit is very tight and needs some effort to remove the M6 from it. It is a good thing but will make it tedious to remove the now concealed micro SD card if you tend to that too often.

The front side is completely open revealing the whole small touch screen of the player, but there is still the extra layer around the corners so it is only possible to remove the player from the upper opening. As can be seen there is an extra metal ring added to the back of the case so can be easily attached to a lanyard or clothes. It is attached by a single piece of PU leather material and the only weak point of the whole case.

Overall, this case works neatly for the price. It is more convenient than the included plastic case, gives a better grip and more importantly adds the needed protection.

May 20, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #2,359 of 3,610
I have this case for my M6 and given the very modest cost, it is a no-brainer addition to enhance the protection as well as the appearance of the M6. So far, I am quite impressed with the M6. WiFi reception is quite strong and the streaming apps (Tidal, Spotify, TuneIn and Amazon Music are working flawlessly.

May 20, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #2,360 of 3,610
Added some impressions of the DD C-M6 case for the Fiio M6 on the original review. Re-posting here below as well:

DD Electronics - C-M6 - PU Leather Case for Fiio M6

The Fiio M6 has quickly become one of my favorite DAPs for daily portable use. Fiio haven't released a specific case for the M6, so I found one at the DD Electronics store. After exchanging a few emails directly with a Fiio representative, they kindly arranged a sample of the M6 case (along with another Fiio product- to be reviewed soon). DD carries a few accessories for other Fiio's products and various cables and interconnectors too.

Links: DD Electronics website and the Aliexpress store.

The price is $16 and can be purchased from the Aliexpress site here.

The case arrives in a very simple cardboard box conveniently arranged with a plastic foam inside. Nothing fancy and actually matches the own Fiio packaging with their simplistic and discreet packaging. The only extras you get with the case are a few of 'Hi-Res Audio' stickers to attach to back of the case (not that it will improve the quality anyway).

The case is available only in black color which fits well the own M6 player color. Quality of materials seems to be durable enough, at least for the price. Haven't used for more than two weeks as to comment much about the durability in the long run, though, but it works properly to give a better grip on the device and adds the necessary protection over the included stock PU case that arrives with the M6 itself.

The case is made by multiple layers of different materials. The outer cover is logically all PU leather - no real leather to be found at this budget prices but still gives a nicer look to the player in addition to the better protection. The inner layer is made of a fabric material with a soft and very smooth finishing. A more important feature is the middle layer that holds a steel plate for the back part of the player; it is thin enough to maintain the light weight of the M6 player but also adds the best protection for it.

The shape matches perfectly well the design of the M6 with rounded corners. Like the stock PU case, the C-M6 case has no openings for the 3 playback side buttons or for the micro SD slot, but of course it has the hole for the Type-C USB port at the bottom. The left side still has 3 marks for each of the buttons that can be discerned without looking at the player, and fortunately does not affect the sensitivity; in fact, it works as good as without the case and even a bit better than with the stock case. The fit is very tight and needs some effort to remove the M6 from it. It is a good thing but will make it tedious to remove the now concealed micro SD card if you tend to that too often.

The front side is completely open revealing the whole small touch screen of the player, but there is still the extra layer around the corners so it is only possible to remove the player from the upper opening. As can be seen there is an extra metal ring added to the back of the case so can be easily attached to a lanyard or clothes. It is attached by a single piece of PU leather material and the only weak point of the whole case.

Overall, this case works neatly for the price. It is more convenient than the included plastic case, gives a better grip and more importantly adds the needed protection.
Good review! I have it but I don't use it now. It looks very classy, and yeah it's way tight, that is a minus. On the other hand as some indicated here it's desirable to protect the screen. I ended up buying a new Blackberry case and it fits incredibly well!

May 20, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #2,361 of 3,610
I guess I am a bit dense, but I copied the downloaded apk to my sd card, inserted it into the M6 where it shows up using the File Manager but I get no install option when I check it. Only the usual copy, move create rename, etc. How do I actually install it?

EDIT!!! Apparently my first download was corrupt as I downloaded several other whitelisted apps along with the modded Pulsar again and all installed (and work) perfectly.
Good to know! Enjoy :)

May 20, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #2,362 of 3,610
Deep sleep works when you hit the power button to turn off the screen. Once the screen is off for a certain period of time it goes into deep sleep. You can tell this has happened as the blue light on the power button will turn off. When you hit the power button again it will wake from deep sleep.
I don't see any blue light on the power button.

May 20, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #2,364 of 3,610
Hello,
Is there anywhere to download the apk for the fiio m6 web browser? I mistakenly uninstalled it.

thanks
Which app exactly did you uninstall? I don't think a web browser is included as delivered. Do you mean by chance the File Manager?

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #2,365 of 3,610
May 20, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #2,366 of 3,610
Greenflash must be right and the browser is in ES File Explorer.
I use a couple fo wifi hotspots that require opening a browser and confirming the connection. The page is opened by tapping on a notification. The notification must have opened a browser window through ES File Explorer. Recently it hasn't been working and i thought i deleted something because I did clear out a bunch of apps i wasn't using.

May 20, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #2,367 of 3,610
Good review! I have it but I don't use it now. It looks very classy, and yeah it's way tight, that is a minus. On the other hand as some indicated here it's desirable to protect the screen. I ended up buying a new Blackberry case and it fits incredibly well!

curious. What's that Blackberry case?

May 21, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #2,368 of 3,610
IMG_20190314_151857550.jpg
This is it. For some old traditional BB model (curve?). It fits like a glove, the M6 is inside (with the transparent protector)

May 21, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #2,369 of 3,610
I don't see any blue light on the power button.

I actually have the M7, the led on the power button is blue when on and red when charging. I just assumed the M6 was the same, been awhile since I demoed the M6. I would think the deep sleep functionality would be the same on both but maybe I am wrong.

I guess an M6 user will need to tackle this question then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back