[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
May 5, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #2,341 of 3,610
Yeah well I ain't used the M6 much on the road but my BTR1K has spoiled me and I listen to my cellphone with the BT and the cans connected to it. It's great to be free from the phone (I handle play etc from either the BTR1K or from my pebble watch)
And now I've just bought some KZ ZSN Pro iems so I'll have to check as well!

May 10, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #2,342 of 3,610
waiting patiently for the firmware update over here. How is it coming, @FiiO ? =)

Really enjoying my time with the M6, the aggressive sound really complements the on-the-go use without an external amp. No regrets with the purchase for sure, having retire and sold the A45 walkman. If only it does not suffer from the audio skipping issues from time to time, it really is unpredictable.

May 13, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #2,343 of 3,610
Hi... I’m a little confused about the deep sleep function of the player. I’ve seen three different options in the Settings. One is simply called Sleep in Settings/General. And then there’s the Power-off timers (Sleep/Idle Power off). There’s also another option in the Fiio Music App called Off timer. How do you use the M6 when not in use? You turn it off by holding the power button or use any of the aforementioned options. In that case, how? If someone could explain all the options I’d be very thankful. Thanks in advance. Alvaro

May 13, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #2,344 of 3,610
Hello!

I've got an issue with Fiio Music on my newly bought M6 - it constantly crashes and throws me back to main menu, when I try to load a .m3u playlist

I tap on the playlist and get no reaction. Wait a while to let it load - still nothing. I tap on it again - boom, I'm back in the main menu and have to open Fiio Music from the scratch again.

Both playlist and audio files are on SD card.

The playlist was created on my PC using foobar2000. It works flawlessly on my PC and on Sansa Clip+ (Rockboxed) when I swap cards.
Around 3900 songs.

The card is Samsung EVO Plus 32GB, never had any problems with it.

May 14, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #2,345 of 3,610
two question:
- is ot possible to stream from m6 to sonos wifi speaker?
- is it possible to get whitelisted applications? I'd really like to install dsub/ampache, antennapod and newpipe (lightweight version of youtube, I use it for playing music).

Thanks.

May 14, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #2,346 of 3,610
two question:
- is it possible to get whitelisted applications? I'd really like to install dsub/ampache, antennapod and newpipe (lightweight version of youtube, I use it for playing music).

Thanks.
No in both cases :frowning2:

It is thought generally that both are feasible but Fiio are quite tight about what they develop/allow for the smaller DAPs (M6, M7 M9)

May 14, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #2,347 of 3,610
waiting patiently for the firmware update over here. How is it coming, @FiiO ? =)

Really enjoying my time with the M6, the aggressive sound really complements the on-the-go use without an external amp. No regrets with the purchase for sure, having retire and sold the A45 walkman. If only it does not suffer from the audio skipping issues from time to time, it really is unpredictable.

Dear friend,

Are you playing on-line music files or using Bluetooth output when the issue you mentioned happens?
You could provide more information to us by sending email to support@fiio.com

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 14, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #2,348 of 3,610
Hello!

I've got an issue with Fiio Music on my newly bought M6 - it constantly crashes and throws me back to main menu, when I try to load a .m3u playlist

I tap on the playlist and get no reaction. Wait a while to let it load - still nothing. I tap on it again - boom, I'm back in the main menu and have to open Fiio Music from the scratch again.

Both playlist and audio files are on SD card.

The playlist was created on my PC using foobar2000. It works flawlessly on my PC and on Sansa Clip+ (Rockboxed) when I swap cards.
Around 3900 songs.

The card is Samsung EVO Plus 32GB, never had any problems with it.
Dear friend,

You could send the playlist to support@fiio.com and we will have a check for you first.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 14, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #2,349 of 3,610
two question:

Thanks.

I've no idea about the Sonos Wifi Speaker, but I was able to use airplay to play music from M6 to Yamaha Musicast 20 (?)

I was also able to play Tidal from M6 to Musicast 20... :)

About new whitelisted apps, I don't think so (?)

May 15, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #2,350 of 3,610
Dear friend,

Are you playing on-line music files or using Bluetooth output when the issue you mentioned happens?
You could provide more information to us by sending email to support@fiio.com

Best regards
thanks for the reply!

I have already emailed Fiio about this before, and have discussed this issue multiple times in this thread already.

the issue happens when I am using PO/LO either natively on M6 or using Fiio Link function. Stutters happens rather frequently in the beginning of some songs, either skipping audio briefly in the beginning, or plays really quickly and then skips one to two seconds afterwards. The player seems to rush to playing the next song when skipping to it.

May 15, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #2,352 of 3,610
No in both cases :frowning2:

It is thought generally that both are feasible but Fiio are quite tight about what they develop/allow for the smaller DAPs (M6, M7 M9)
@FiiO the app I listed are all open source, available on f-droid and github and completely indipendent from google play service.
I don't think I'll be so hard to strip them a little bit and compile for android wear.
Or at least.. you could give us a guide to get app whitelisted by ourself...

I've no idea about the Sonos Wifi Speaker, but I was able to use airplay to play music from M6 to Yamaha Musicast 20 (?)

I was also able to play Tidal from M6 to Musicast 20... :)
What a nice spearkers, I like the fact that it also have ethernet port, I'm not a huge fan of wireless communication.
However, I'll try with airplay! thanks!

May 16, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #2,353 of 3,610
Hi... I’m a little confused about the deep sleep function of the player. I’ve seen three different options in the Settings. One is simply called Sleep in Settings/General. And then there’s the Power-off timers (Sleep/Idle Power off). There’s also another option in the Fiio Music App called Off timer. How do you use the M6 when not in use? You turn it off by holding the power button or use any of the aforementioned options. In that case, how? If someone could explain all the options I’d be very thankful. Thanks in advance. Alvaro
I do find these functions a bit confusing, and had to use trial and error to determine what they all do. One “sleep” function turns the player off after a pre-determined time, the idea being it’s the user that goes to sleep.

However, I still don’t know what Fiio means by the player being in deep sleep”. As far as I can tell it’s either fully shut down, or on. I’ve never found it to be in any other state.

May 16, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #2,354 of 3,610
I do find these functions a bit confusing, and had to use trial and error to determine what they all do. One “sleep” function turns the player off after a pre-determined time, the idea being it’s the user that goes to sleep.

However, I still don’t know what Fiio means by the player being in deep sleep”. As far as I can tell it’s either fully shut down, or on. I’ve never found it to be in any other state.

Deep sleep works when you hit the power button to turn off the screen. Once the screen is off for a certain period of time it goes into deep sleep. You can tell this has happened as the blue light on the power button will turn off. When you hit the power button again it will wake from deep sleep.

May 16, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #2,355 of 3,610
Ouch dropped the lil devil and got lines on the screen.. DOH!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back