[FiiO M3K] Probably the Most Cost-Effective Hi-Res Music Player, Discrete HiFi DAC Chip, Supports up to 384K/32B
Sep 20, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #496 of 636
Rockbox placed in the internal memory in /usr/rockbox folder.
To "uninstall" it just flash any stock firmware over.

I thought I would try to add an eqs folder on the sd card...
sd card is mounted to the /mnt folder. So if you want to save something to SD card, just save it to /mnt/xxxx...

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #501 of 636
Could someone please explain exactly what I must do to delete whole cd (album)from my M3K. Thanks
Dear friend,

You could delete the files in your computer first. Then update the media library in the M3K again?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 25, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #502 of 636
I've been looking at the M3K as a potential replacement for my rockboxed Sansa Clip Zip, is anyone able to comment on the relative sound quality of the two players?

Also, regarding RockBox on the M3K:
1) is there any chance that it will support USB DAC functionality in the future or will we always need to boot back to the original firmware for this?
2) is it possible to adjust the bootloader timeout to speed up booting?

Sep 25, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #503 of 636
You could delete the files in your computer first. Then update the media library in the M3K again?

Thanks,that would be quite a job to just delete a few cds Ive lost interest in. Anyone know how to put a card back into computer and delete from the card? Seems impossible to find anything on a full card when you see it represented in the computer after you put it back into the computer.

Sep 26, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #504 of 636
I've been looking at the M3K as a potential replacement for my rockboxed Sansa Clip Zip, is anyone able to comment on the relative sound quality of the two players?

I don’t have a Sansa Clip Zip but I do have two Rockboxed Sansa Clip+ and a Sansa Sport. I have two Fiio M3K which is my favourite DAP.

The sound quality of the Fiio is much better than any of the Sansa players I have. I can hear detail, particularly in the bass, on the Fiio which I can’t hear at all on the Sansas.

The stereo image is also far better on the Fiio and I keep hearing orchestral detail because of the way that individual instruments stand out from each other. The music seems to be less “in my head” and more realistic.

Personally I’m not going to put Rockbox on either of my M3Ks as I just don’t feel the need for it.

Sep 26, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #505 of 636
I don’t have a Sansa Clip Zip but I do have two Rockboxed Sansa Clip+ and a Sansa Sport. I have two Fiio M3K which is my favourite DAP.

The sound quality of the Fiio is much better than any of the Sansa players I have. I can hear detail, particularly in the bass, on the Fiio which I can’t hear at all on the Sansas.

The stereo image is also far better on the Fiio and I keep hearing orchestral detail because of the way that individual instruments stand out from each other. The music seems to be less “in my head” and more realistic.

Personally I’m not going to put Rockbox on either of my M3Ks as I just don’t feel the need for it.

Thanks for the info - I like having the option of Rockbox as I've used it for many years on a variety of players, that said, if the official firmware is nice enough I'll stick with it, especially if RockBox doesn't support that DAC functionality.

Sep 29, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #507 of 636
Today I upgraded from M3K-FW1.3.0 to M3K-FW1.4.3. I'm interested in seeing if this fixes any of my problems.

As far as Rockbox goes, I'd be willing to try it if only it doesn't brick my player. Just by looking through the thread it appears to me that some people are having trouble with it. We need people to test it out and report bugs. But I just got this player, and I'm in no mood to brick it.

Sep 29, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #508 of 636
Thanks,that would be quite a job to just delete a few cds Ive lost interest in. Anyone know how to put a card back into computer and delete from the card? Seems impossible to find anything on a full card when you see it represented in the computer after you put it back into the computer.

If you post a screen shot of what your computer is showing you, then we will be able to see what your talking about.... Because what your asking seems to be really simply. I just plug the player into my computer, select what I want to delete and then delete it. Unmount/Eject the player from the computer. Unplug it. Then I just go to "System Settings" and then "Update Media Lib"

Sep 29, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #509 of 636
Today I upgraded from M3K-FW1.3.0 to M3K-FW1.4.3. I'm interested in seeing if this fixes any of my problems.

As far as Rockbox goes, I'd be willing to try it if only it doesn't brick my player. Just by looking through the thread it appears to me that some people are having trouble with it. We need people to test it out and report bugs. But I just got this player, and I'm in no mood to brick it.
Does the new stock firmware fix the issue with slowdown when EQ is applied and blocky display of album art?
I really like Rockbox tbh, some of the functionality means it's unlikely I'll return to stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back