[FiiO M3K] Probably the Most Cost-Effective Hi-Res Music Player, Discrete HiFi DAC Chip, Supports up to 384K/32B
Nov 15, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #526 of 636
Hi and hello,

I've bought the M3K as soon as I saw there's a rockbox port for it.
Flashing the fw was no problem, I can start rockbox and stock firmware without any problems.
But I can't connect the player with ADB. Both ways -

"Just go to Tools menu and stay here" and
"Select 'ADB start' from the tools menu, boot into Rockbox, then connect your X3II to PC"

are not working. My computer doesn't recognize any device (neither windows usb nor adb itself).
It only recognizes the player (windows usb) when connecting from stock fw - but then adb doesn't find the device.
Connecting my xDuoo x3ii is still working, so it can't be a problem of my computer and/or installation of the adb driver.
Any clues?

Thanks in advance!
Thorsten
I thought ADB was for Android devices and bootloaders/recovery?

Nov 18, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #527 of 636
Hi and hello,

I thought ADB was for Android devices and bootloaders/recovery?

The xDuoo x3ii is no Android device and for the xDuoo x3ii the ADB connection is the way to add own themes/wps to rockbox.
But - tadaaa... - I've found out that you can copy your files to the sd card (directory rockbox with wanted subdirectories/files)
and then use "Update rockbox" in the tools menu of your FiiO m3k. How easy can it be?

All the best,
Thorsten

Nov 20, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #528 of 636
Hi and hello,

The xDuoo x3ii is no Android device and for the xDuoo x3ii the ADB connection is the way to add own themes/wps to rockbox.
But - tadaaa... - I've found out that you can copy your files to the sd card (directory rockbox with wanted subdirectories/files)
and then use "Update rockbox" in the tools menu of your FiiO m3k. How easy can it be?

All the best,
Thorsten
I'd imagine they're running some sort of Linux bootloader similar to android then, glad you found a way to add the files.

Dec 11, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #533 of 636
Does the M3K support usb audio out for use with an external amp, I don't want to use the analog hp out.
Dear friend,

I tested again and confirmed that the M3K does not support usb audio output.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 17, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #536 of 636
I'm eager to get the M3K, specially now with Rockbox. But regarding the stock firmware could someone confirm the following?

1) Does it have folder advance while playing through files? Like if I have:
Album A - Disc 1
|- Disc 2​
Album B - Disc 1
|- Disc 2​
After last track of Album A Disc 1 it jumps to Disc 2, after this to Album B Disc 1, and so on.

2) Does it support album art through a "cover.jpg" in the folder or does it need to be embedded in the files?

3) Does it have a "mono" option? Where the audio channels are mixed and the same signal is output to both L and R sides of the headphones. I need this as I sometimes I have to listen with one ear only

4) Are there bass/treble "dials"? Or just the EQ? (which I read is not too great)

I can't think of others right now. Yes, all those are standard Rockbox features but well, if the stock is good enough I could stay in stock land

Thanks a bunch

Dec 18, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #538 of 636
I'd recommend using Rockbox, it's better in pretty much all ways than the stock firmware, although it struggles with high bitrate 24bit flac files and the last couple of releases broke fast forward so I use the second release still.

Dec 19, 2019 at 12:37 AM Post #540 of 636
Dear user,

1. You could turn on the 'play through folder' option for help.
2. It could support embedded and external cover like the 'cover.jpg' you mentioned.
3. No.
4. Only EQ.

Best regards
Thanks for answering. One more question. Does it have seeking? Pressing the << or >> button while a song is playing for fast forward or going backwards.

I'd recommend using Rockbox, it's better in pretty much all ways than the stock firmware, although it struggles with high bitrate 24bit flac files and the last couple of releases broke fast forward so I use the second release still.
I plan on trying it, sure. From what I read it's stable enough save for a couple of bugs like you mention. Does it continue being developed? Last build is from October, is Vortex around?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back