[FiiO M3K] Probably the Most Cost-Effective Hi-Res Music Player, Discrete HiFi DAC Chip, Supports up to 384K/32B
Sep 3, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #467 of 636
Here is the theme example for M3K (named rayboradio_ypr0). Unzip it to SD root folder and Update in Tools.
tried the pack, it still doesn't work. it is exactly what my own .rockbox folder looks like

Sep 3, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #468 of 636
tried the pack, it still doesn't work. it is exactly what my own .rockbox folder looks like
The pack works fine.
Works fine for me, as per Vortex's instructions once you have copied the .rockbox folder to your M3K card don't open Rockbox when you turn your M3K, select Tools from the boot menu and then 'update rockbox' this will copy the files from .rockbox folder into the Rockbox installation on the player's internal memory. Then load Rockbox and any themes or plugins etc. which were on the SD card are available within Rockbox to use.

My only issue is most of the themes I have don't seem to work, probably because they were for older versions, not sure.

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #469 of 636
And I was not lucky with my phioo. After 2 months of work, the screen stopped working. The seller asked to be sent back and sorted out. I sent the package back (RR059660431KZ). The track shows that the parcel has been delivered, the seller writes, did not receive it. Already thinking of buying another player, 2 months without music.

Sep 4, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #470 of 636
And I was not lucky with my phioo. After 2 months of work, the screen stopped working. The seller asked to be sent back and sorted out. I sent the package back (RR059660431KZ). The track shows that the parcel has been delivered, the seller writes, did not receive it. Already thinking of buying another player, 2 months without music.

:frowning2: That's not good, did you buy through AE? If so might be worth contacting them with details and see if they can help. Was it delivered to the correct address and was the postage insured?

Sep 4, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #471 of 636
Yes, I made a mistake, it was not necessary to immediately confirm receipt of the parcel. It was necessary to exploit the maximum period, then confirm. Judging by the track, the return package was successfully delivered on August 11, 2019. The seller a week ago (August 27, 2019) promised to find out at the post office where the parcel is. While I wait.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #472 of 636
Rockbox build 171d948-190904 for FiiO M3K has been released:

- Fixed clicks during track change;
- Rockbox sample rate limitation (44.1KHz) has been removed!
Now we can play files with native sample rate up to 192KHz.
(Go to Settings -> Playback settings -> Frequency and choose Automatic).

Download from my site. Update instructions.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #473 of 636

Awesome, thanks Vortex, downloaded but will have to wait until I get home tonight before I can flash.

Sep 4, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #474 of 636
The pack works fine.

Works fine for me, as per Vortex's instructions once you have copied the .rockbox folder to your M3K card don't open Rockbox when you turn your M3K, select Tools from the boot menu and then 'update rockbox' this will copy the files from .rockbox folder into the Rockbox installation on the player's internal memory. Then load Rockbox and any themes or plugins etc. which were on the SD card are available within Rockbox to use.

My only issue is most of the themes I have don't seem to work, probably because they were for older versions, not sure.
hmm, strange. Suddenly it works, where can we get m3k compatible themes? Doom still doesn't work though, guess I have to give up on that

Nice, the only thing missing is the voice recorder and single press of power button to lock device and I can finally ditch stock firmware

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #479 of 636
Wow. It would never occur to me that they would build the hardware but leave it out of the software.
They didn't, the official firmware supports audio recording, the builds of Rockbox don't, probably because very few people would use it and could just use official firmware for that functionality.

Sep 4, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #480 of 636
I will not add voice recording, sorry.

I've uploaded some M3K compatible themes. They are available here
To install unzip it to SD card then Choose "Update rockbox" from the Bootloader's Tool menu).
Awesome. No clicks, tags are ok, many themes. As you can see I didn't even notice the voice recorder in stock firmware, but I see no problem here. If you need voice recording just reboot the device from rockbox to fiio player. It is there. Oops, I almost forgot - many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back