FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Oct 15, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #421 of 1,931
Is that some kinda headfi rule? So, if you post about it 6 times+, you get banned or something?! I often mention the gear I use in many of my posts. Often, I give that gear accolades because I like it alot, and I'm trying to help others get stuff they might enjoy. Why is it neccessary to limit someone's posts to just five, on any given topic? I thought this was supposed to be a friendly forum where everyone was welcome to express their opinions.
Cause you already posted the exact same thing 6 times. The wanna be know it all can just GO back and read your 6 duplicate post.

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #422 of 1,931
So, I cannot get the usb DAC function to work. I plug in the pro, and I can transfer files, but the fiio control panel does not see the dap.
Boo hoo , boss.

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:33 AM Post #423 of 1,931
this is news to me I'm glad they finally getting better because every time I listen to their units they do not rival desktop and so it handicapped all their headphones on their tables at meet events.

Thats why I choose the Sony WM1Z/1A units, because you get traits of both tube like stage and organic tonality, with solid state clarity and speed.
It not make sense in having multiple units or add-ons as it loses the goal of having an all in one system.

As far as the Fiio m11PRO is concerned, it would need a tube amp stack like the Oriolus BA300S to climb higher..
Ha you learning through videos. Yeah I did the ba300s and cant march it and it not all about tubes. Those Sonys were ok years ago

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:56 AM Post #424 of 1,931
Oct 15, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #425 of 1,931
Your instruction says the following - "The logs files can be grabbed from firmware 1.0.4 or above."I have the build number 1.0.0 on my device, no updates come over Wi-Fi. There are no firmware for M11Pro on the official Fiio website. Question-are the firmware for M11 and M11 Pro compatible or is the current version 1.0.0 for M11Pro ?
Dear friend,

Sorry we will fix this wrong FAQ. The latest firmware of M11PRO is 1.0.0.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 15, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #426 of 1,931
So, I cannot get the usb DAC function to work. I plug in the pro, and I can transfer files, but the fiio control panel does not see the dap.
Dear friend,

Please check whether you have swtiched the USB mode to DAC in the M11PRO?

upload_2019-10-15_16-27-1.png

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 15, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #427 of 1,931
Which daps have you used ? What are the tracks you heard ?
I had experience listening to such devices as: Fiio x5-3, Fiio M11, iBasso DX150, DX220, Hiby R6. This is all I could listen to as I don’t live in Moscow and Moscow is not all of Russia, in our small town there are no stores with similar products “there are no specialized stores”, so in order to listen to the sound of another device, I need to go to another city or look for people from my city and agree with them on joint listening to devices, but there are very few such people who are fond of this technique!
I listened to high-resolution music, test discs and ordinary well-recorded music 16/44 and higher, up to DSD. Quality music purchased. Different genres, such as: classical / instrumental music, Rock / Metal, Vocal parts, Jazz, Blues.
Regarding the number of positive reviews about the M11Pro player - I will write as many positive reviews as I see fit, this is a forum, we are here for communication, and not for calculating positive / negative comments. If you do not like my comments, do not read them, it is not difficult!

Oct 15, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #428 of 1,931
I had experience listening to such devices as: Fiio x5-3, Fiio M11, iBasso DX150, DX220, Hiby R6. This is all I could listen to as I don’t live in Moscow and Moscow is not all of Russia, in our small town there are no stores with similar products “there are no specialized stores”, so in order to listen to the sound of another device, I need to go to another city or look for people from my city and agree with them on joint listening to devices, but there are very few such people who are fond of this technique!
I listened to high-resolution music, test discs and ordinary well-recorded music 16/44 and higher, up to DSD. Quality music purchased. Different genres, such as: classical / instrumental music, Rock / Metal, Vocal parts, Jazz, Blues.
Regarding the number of positive reviews about the M11Pro player - I will write as many positive reviews as I see fit, this is a forum, we are here for communication, and not for calculating positive / negative comments. If you do not like my comments, do not read them, it is not difficult!
So the 11 pro sounds better than the dx220 ?

Oct 15, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #429 of 1,931
I definitely can’t say, because I compared M11 with DX220 on Fiio FH5 headphones, but considering the sound that I now get using M11Pro from 3.5 jack on F9 headphones, I can say the following - M11Pro sound is better for me in detail, better in the plan for constructing an imaginary scene and from this I can conclude for myself that the sound of the M11Pro is approximately on par with 220, but the sound of the M11Pro is somewhat more musical, warmer in the middle. I can say more with better headphones such as the FH7 and the silver balanced Fiio cable. I will try to find my friend as well, if he has not sold the DX220 yet and to compare the two devices again and fully.
I also want to clarify that the DX220 was tapped with the AMP1 MKII module. How the DX220 sounds with other gain modules is not known to me.

Oct 15, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #430 of 1,931
I definitely can’t say, because I compared M11 with DX220 on Fiio FH5 headphones, but considering the sound that I now get using M11Pro from 3.5 jack on F9 headphones, I can say the following - M11Pro sound is better for me in detail, better in the plan for constructing an imaginary scene and from this I can conclude for myself that the sound of the M11Pro is approximately on par with 220, but the sound of the M11Pro is somewhat more musical, warmer in the middle. I can say more with better headphones such as the FH7 and the silver balanced Fiio cable. I will try to find my friend as well, if he has not sold the DX220 yet and to compare the two devices again and fully.
I also want to clarify that the DX220 was tapped with the AMP1 MKII module. How the DX220 sounds with other gain modules is not known to me.
Thanks , also thanks for not repeating.

Oct 15, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #431 of 1,931
Thanks , also thanks for not repeating.
You're fixated on repetitions. You need less time to spend near the computer, less time to devote to social networks and this forum. You need to relax. Enjoy delicious ice cream or eat chocolate with hot delicious tea, cake is also not contraindicated! Take a hot bath. Take a trip into the countryside. Consider this message as my advice, this message is not intended to offend or hurt you!

Oct 15, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #432 of 1,931
You're fixated on repetitions. You need less time to spend near the computer, less time to devote to social networks and this forum. You need to relax. Enjoy delicious ice cream or eat chocolate with hot delicious tea, cake is also not contraindicated! Take a hot bath. Take a trip into the countryside. Consider this message as my advice, this message is not intended to offend or hurt you!
Thanks.

Oct 15, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #433 of 1,931
Ha you learning through videos. Yeah I did the ba300s and cant march it and it not all about tubes. Those Sonys were ok years ago
I feel the Sony cant be beat for organic nature, but I don't think they are tops, as you say, I agree they can be bestest in certain aspects, but I doubt you would find more satisfying package in one unit.
See, I also speak from a biased ownership, haha.
IMG_20191014_173939.jpg
:)

I think not actually better but more lively of similar level .

M11Pro is approximately on par with 220, but the sound of the M11Pro is somewhat more musical, warmer in the middle.
To me, the mids are more closer and larger, so maybe you say warmer is similar aspect.
The ibasso 220 to me sounded more refined/relaxed and further distanced away, although not dimensionally front to back, just the whole image.
The fiio was more involving because of the magnified detailing and closer/wider presentation.
It was more in those three sonic aspects than both the ibasso and the sony wm1a.
That's why I feel a tube setup would compliment/elevate it.
Think about the fact that Fiio is using same dac chips as the Cayin N8.
It would be interesting to see if they produce a similar sonic image or traits..

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #434 of 1,931
I feel the Sony cant be beat for organic nature, but I don't think they are tops, as you say, I agree they can be bestest in certain aspects, but I doubt you would find more satisfying package in one unit.
See, I also speak from a biased ownership, haha.

I think not actually better but more lively of similar level .

To me, the mids are more closer and larger, so maybe you say warmer is similar aspect.
The ibasso 220 to me sounded more refined/relaxed and further distanced away, although not dimensionally front to back, just the whole image.
The fiio was more involving because of the magnified detailing and closer/wider presentation.
That's why I feel a tube setup would compliment/elevate it.

I'm guessing all listened to with no EQ and stock music player, no neutron etc. Different players sound different, so using the same music player with the same settings/PEQ compares the hardware better in the android world. Obiously you cant with the sony's but i've had them and haven't looked back. Had the dx220/amp8 too.

Oct 15, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #435 of 1,931
I'm guessing all listened to with no EQ and stock music player, no neutron etc. Different players sound different, so using the same music player with the same settings/PEQ compares the hardware better in the android world. Obiously you cant with the sony's but i've had them and haven't looked back. Had the dx220/amp8 too.
Nayparm, have you got shares in Neutron..? (Just joking) if not you should at least be their Ambassador..!! LOL....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back