FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Oct 13, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #347 of 1,931
I have DAPs by; Sony, Cowon, iBasso, AK, Cayin, Shozy.... I think they sound more polished. Fiio is a worthwhile listening experience but not what I admire.
I agree, but not the M11 Pro. This is a game changer.

Oct 13, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #348 of 1,931
Yes, the M11Pro has a protective glass with an oleophobic coating, the same as on the M11.
Really? A protective 'cover'? Mine doesnt...

Oct 13, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #349 of 1,931
raw__01.png
Maybe better but for sure not 3 times better. Cayin is 3300$, Fiio M11+Oriolus is 1000$. Cayin is **** ugly and case sucks. Fiio is cute, handy and has nice case. Besides, with external amp you can reuse it with new DAC with Cayin you are stuck and resale value will be low. The only thing Cayin is better it's one device vs stack. For 3000$ you can get M11+Oriolus+ Sony IER-Z1R and you have still 200-300$ dollar left so Cayin is bad deal unless you have money to blow.
This Fiio Pro version is actually good enough to easily be in that category, and just a matter of taste...
Yes its heresy to say, buy it's IMO.

Will you choose Fiio M11 Pro or Sony NW ZX500? Will sound quality be noticeably better in Sony's walkman?
I have the Sony WM1A, which is better(than other Sony), and I feel you are loosing zero detailing switching to the Fiio..
IMG_20191013_133707.jpg

This M11 Pro paired with the FH7 checks all of the boxes for me. Zero noise interference, fast and detailed sound with impressive bass
I feel initially it was a bit lean (yet dynamic) in the bass, but it opening up in bass the more I using it. I only on my second day of use although I received it earlier in week, I now have time to evaluate..

The sound is desktop quality for IEMs but I would shy away from this model if you have harder to drive cans because it's only just able to power my Elears to satisfaction in High Gain mode.
IMG_20191013_140039.jpg
With the Pro version I don't feel its i problem at all. I cannot pass this level (100) as too loud and usually find myself in the 70s volume setting, with the Utopia.

Interesting to hear if the M11 Pro suffers from the painfully loud white noise issue when you turn it on whilst charging? That is the reason i returned the M11 ( plus the fact it sounded thin and lacked dynamics to me).
I plugged it in my computer right now amd there is zero interference at max volume and you can increase to hear the recording noise floor but not the unit using headphones. (I don't have earplugs).

Missing sound on the M11Pro. Just stopped playing music. I made a full reset to the factory settings - it did not help. What to do? What could be the problem? Is there any firmware for M11Pro? Are M11 firmware suitable for M11Pro?
I am very sad.:cry:
You are only one to have had alot of issues in this thread that I don't see others have and I feel for you, but I would also verify things like your cable and also swap headphones to see if its a component issue as well as you having one bad apple unit.

More MW will create more heat ?
So far the unit got a bit warm to the touch swapping headphones and using both balanced and single ended for a about 3 hours at 86% battery not bad.

Yes, the M11Pro has a protective glass with an oleophobic coating, the same as on the M11.
Yes the phone had this black plastic over the face and saying essentially that the glass was put on at the factory, so you peel off the plastic to see the glass screen which protrudes more than rear glass, which is flush..

I woke up early to listen to the m11pro, it sounds fabulous! I love it! It's not burned in and my new CL2 only has about 40 hours on it so I have a ways to go before the true sound comes through, but based on what I hear now, I would put the pro in between the 1000M and the spk1000...
The unit sonic sonic character is a very very vivid and detailed and a bit bright but also liquid. Not flat and not laid back. Very immersive and detailed with micro detailing a bit magnified. Very involving and awake experience.
I am waiting to see how the unit settles and the bass comes in. So far the low end is tight and clear and liquid, but not as strong or full as my Sony WM1A.
The Sony is not as forward and has more depth.
The ibasso220 from memory is more in same league, being more neutral than both and a touch further distanced or relaxed but also more like the Fiio than the Sony.
All at similar level of detailing, although the Fiio strength is, so far, in its focus of the mid-to-upper range detailing.
Maybe not a strength if you like a bit more relaxed presentation, because this Fiio is a bit forward(a bit wider stage too) and very vivid in nature.

I agree, but not the M11 Pro. This is a game changer.
Yes this fiio PRO unit is now made it to that level of other high end units.
I would say it's still a matter of taste, but at least you get the resolve.
:)

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #350 of 1,931
The unit sonic sonic character is a very very vivid and detailed and a bit bright but also liquid. Not flat and not laid back. Very immersive and detailed with micro detailing a bit magnified. Very involving and awake experience.
I am waiting to see how the unit settles and the bass comes in. So far the low end is tight and clear and liquid, but not as strong or full as my Sony WM1A.
The Sony is not as forward and has more depth.
The ibasso220 from memory is more in same league, being more neutral than both and a touch further distanced or relaxed but also more like the Fiio than the Sony.
All at similar level of detailing, although the Fiio strength is, so far, in its focus of the mid-to-upper range detailing.
Maybe not a strength if you like a bit more relaxed presentation, because this Fiio is a bit forward and very vivid in nature.
Great post, thanks. Did you have the M11 previously to compare it with the M11 Pro. Following on from what you describe above, I’ve just spent the weekend reviewing the THX 789 amp from Drop and my findings are very close to your description. It’s fast, dynamic and only ‘resolving’ as you describe because it emphasizes the microdetails to a much higher degree than my other, more relaxed yet equally capable desktop amp. It’s an amp design that makes you pay attention - definitively not laid back - and that won’t be to everyone’s taste. If the M11 Pro has any of the same traits - a drier, faster, slightly thinner but also very detailed and focused sound - then at least you know what you’re getting. I personally prefer a slightly smoother, slightly thicker presentation with most of my music, but I haven’t had a chance to hear how closely the M11 Pro follows the THX ‘blueprint’ so to speak.

Oct 13, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #351 of 1,931
Thanks. Puts a damper on it with its battery life. I'll keep my X7ii.
How is the x7ii functioning these days. Due to older android has it become laggy?

Oct 13, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #353 of 1,931
Oct 13, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #355 of 1,931
Just FiiO Music. Its now stable compared to when they first updated it.
Good stuff. I think fiio consider the x7ii as superior to the m11s anyhow. It's M15 they are releasing as the new flagship. X7ii can be found for bargain price now though.

Oct 13, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #357 of 1,931
I read on here somewhere from FiiO that the M11 Pro can be considered as the X7ii's replacement. So anything above the M11 Pro will be the best DAP FiiO has made.
Ah ok. I have an m11 and it suits me fine for work everyday. I used to have an x5iii but sold it. I miss it thought as it had a lovely warm sound

Oct 13, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #358 of 1,931
Did you have the M11 previously to compare it with the M11 Pro
Nope I waited for the pro.
Also the bass is now Fuller and very balanced on it.
Also,
I am using the fiio pure music mode, not the andriod system mode.

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #359 of 1,931
Nope I waited for the pro.
Also the bass is now Fuller and very balanced on it.
Also,
I am using the fiio pure music mode, not the andriod system mode.
Pure Music mode is no different to Android mode in the M11/M11 Pro. All they do is launch FiiO Music full screen without the option of switching apps, but all the apps are still there, as are Android services.

Oct 13, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #360 of 1,931
I read on here somewhere from FiiO that the M11 Pro can be considered as the X7ii's replacement. So anything above the M11 Pro will be the best DAP FiiO has made.

Yes, it is true.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back