FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Oct 12, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #316 of 1,931
Audiophilia is just a proxy of anxiety. We buy new things to calm down our soul, it helps for a while, but it's like putting bandage on cut veins. I suggest calming down, maybe with classical music and nature.
Not me, man, I'm into the music!

Oct 12, 2019 at 5:26 AM Post #317 of 1,931
Fiio Daps are good as a whole package imho but they do not sound as good as other offerings in their price range.
Not anymore!

Oct 12, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #319 of 1,931
Not even before! I think some people should listen more and talk less. The dap is a much smaller part of the equation than the IEM or headphone.
I woke up early to listen to the m11pro, it sounds fabulous! I love it! It's not burned in and my new CL2 only has about 40 hours on it so I have a ways to go before the true sound comes through, but based on what I hear now, I would put the pro in between the 1000M and the spk1000...

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #320 of 1,931
I'm listening to the X7 now and thinking it's good enough. It has a gritty and hard style, dry and sparky. The M11 Pro could be worth a buy. It looks like vinyl, does that say anything about what it sounds?

Oct 12, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #322 of 1,931
I'm listening to the X7 now and thinking it's good enough. It has a gritty and hard style, dry and sparky. The M11 Pro could be worth a buy. It looks like vinyl, does that say anything about what it sounds?
Not sure what looks like vinyl means... It looks better in person than the pictures. The soundstage on the pro is sublime... Deep, layered, airy...full of micro detail, but natural and dynamic.

Oct 12, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #326 of 1,931
When battery works things warm up.

Oct 12, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #327 of 1,931
It's that THX amp, that thing is a beast...

Oct 12, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #328 of 1,931
+1
I still am using my X7II which sounds great and clearly better than M11 with AM5.
Again ‘better’ is very subjective in the world of DAPs, where the actual SQ between today’s mid-fi and high-end DAPs is subtle at best. The flavour or ‘tuning’ may be different, but that’s a different topic altogether.

Oct 12, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #329 of 1,931
Not even before! I think some people should listen more and talk less. The dap is a much smaller part of the equation than the IEM or headphone.
It's not listen more and talk less.
It's listen more and stop thinking just because someone slaps a big price tag on something, it's better than other devices.

The Exynos processor alone on the fiio is light years ahead of everyone else currently.

There's a serious belief in a lot of the audio community that when a dap costs $2000, all of that goes to "sound quality" and they can't differentiate between devices made to also be status symbols, vs devices mostly made to maximize performance.

Oct 12, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #330 of 1,931
It's not listen more and talk less.
It's listen more and stop thinking just because someone slaps a big price tag on something, it's better than other devices.

The Exynos processor alone on the fiio is light years ahead of everyone else currently.

There's a serious belief in a lot of the audio community that when a dap costs $2000, all of that goes to "sound quality" and they can't differentiate between devices made to also be status symbols, vs devices mostly made to maximize performance.
Absolutely! It also depends on what you want from the DAP/mobile experience. For example a DAP that can’t run Plex natively over dual band Wi-Fi or give me a smartphone-like experience in terms of speed is useless to me, no matter how good it sounds. But those are MY priorities and I don’t project them on anyone else.

You could argue a basic, no-frills, ugly AF dap with a 90s UI like a DTR1 is made primarily for SQ, and it has a very loyal user base indeed. Shock horror it uses an old AK4490EQ dac and Linux, and I’ll bet it easily keeps up with the SQ of some flash $2k DAPs.

Again it all comes down to priorities, budgets etc. This forum does become a bit of a drag racing circuit when vendors start to flood the market with new devices, so to me it’s all popcorn talk anyway. If you know what you like and have some experience you also know where to look and what to buy. The way some people describe the sound from their new DAPs you’d think they just discovered music for the first time :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back