1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by JamesFiiO, Sep 9, 2019.
First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Next

Last
  1. gLer
    So you're going to pass on the M15? Even though it will be "better" than the M11 Pro?

2. Dmitry89
    I won’t buy M15, I plan to buy M15PRO.
    I'm just really interested in what Fiio can achieve in terms of sound.
    If I needed a flagship by sound right now, I would buy the flagship of another company, but I am waiting for the flagship from Fiio as I believe that other companies greatly overestimate the cost of their products.

gLer likes this.
  3. gLer
    I'm with you there, although I think the competitors are now starting to smarten up nicely. If it wasn't for the M11 I don't believe we'd have gotten the likes of the iBasso DX160 and HiBy R5 for anywhere near $400. Let's see how they respond to the M11 Pro at $700, although as you go up in price the competition becomes much harder. Will be interesting to see if any other company decides to use THX amps as well, and if the THX amps are enough of a differentiator for FiiO for people to keep giving up full open Android, full MQA support and DTA sound.

Dmitry89 and Light - Man like this.
  4. Dmitry89
    Fiio’s decision to use THX-AAA amplifiers took their devices to a new level of sound quality. At the moment, this is the best I've heard from the sound, but I can not compare with all the DAPs on the market, so my opinion is subjective.

5. jmills8
    Even if you used and heard every dap ever made its still an opinion that will change day by day.

6. szore
    Maybe you should be the one to stay quiet. Its the M11Pro forum? What's your problem?

7. Dmitry89
    Therefore, I wrote that my opinion is subjective and may differ from the opinions of other people. But one thing I can say for sure, the M11Pro device is at the level of the initial top segment, the sound in it is serious, I would even say it is complete, I don’t want to add anything to it, I just want to listen and enjoy.

Shareknow and jmills8 like this.
  8. gLer
    Can you describe some of the specific changes in the sound between the M11 and M11 Pro? When I was testing the desktop THX amp, I noticed it particularly in the speed - THX is very fast, so attack is faster, but so is decay. You'll hear it in things like piano strikes, that are sharper, more pointed, but have less decay or 'echo' after the key hits. Also acoustic guitar strings will sound incredibly sharp, sometimes even too sharp. And because there's less decay/reverb, it will appear as if there's more space between instruments. It will also sound more resolving because THX emphasises the micro details (the very HF edges of a note for example), making them appear more prominent in the mix. Vocals will likewise have less decay, so may sound a touch drier but also more detailed/textured. And because there's less echo/reverb going on, the stage will appear larger.

Is this what you're hearing too?

9. jmills8
    Ha , problem ? No problem and it doesnt matter which product. The issue is one guy buys something and thinks he can post 100 times that he bought something. You bought it , you like it then post your feelings five times and end it. You want to help another how to reboot etc do that. You going to buy a future dap then create a new thread and post your feelings on that thread.

10. jmills8
    Which daps have you used ? What are the tracks you heard ?

11. szore
    Just relax....

Dimitri, how is the M11Pro burning in for you? I have about 60 hours on mine and the bass is settling in nicely!

I love my M11 Pro!

12. jmills8
    20190826_013239.jpg

13. Dmitry89
    Your instruction says the following - "The logs files can be grabbed from firmware 1.0.4 or above."I have the build number 1.0.0 on my device, no updates come over Wi-Fi. There are no firmware for M11Pro on the official Fiio website. Question-are the firmware for M11 and M11 Pro compatible or is the current version 1.0.0 for M11Pro ?

14. szore
    Low self-esteem?

15. jmills8
    Ha , what does this has to do with how you feel about yourself. Just cause you bought something aint going to improve that damage done to you. Im glad you are happy and we all know your happy for now.

First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Next

Last