FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Oct 7, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #241 of 1,931

To also state that if you need to eq than you have the wrong equipment, what a silly statement!

If you mean me, I did not say that.
What I said was, if you like to EQ (which is totally fine for me, I do it my self a lot) than do it right and if you only push specific frequency ranges up than you are not.
You should not try to turn a linear tuned headphone into a bassmonster by using EQ because you easily reach limits to this you are better off looking for a diffrent IE.

Oct 7, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #242 of 1,931
I really do not get why EQ is such important from that much people.
I have never EQ my Fiio devices and I am really happy with the sound I get with my headphones.
If a person uses the equalizer, then he is already used to it and without the use of an equalizer, all the music seems linear in sound, uninteresting.
That is, it’s worth getting used to the sound of music using the equalizer and there will be no turning back, without the equalizer, the sound will sound simpler and, accordingly, a person can no longer listen to their favorite music without using the equalizer. It's my personal opinion.

Oct 7, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #244 of 1,931
There are people, they use always additional salt or pepper whenever they eat something ...
It's all about personal taste.

I don't use EQ and most of the time, I eat my dishes, as they are served :)
Mom loved you.

Oct 7, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #246 of 1,931
I’m wondering when another company besides Cowon will add the option for DSP effects (like their BBE and Jeteffects). It’s such a good implementation and the best sound sculpting additions that I’ve heard on a dap. I think if Fiio or IBasso added this to their DAPs, the first one that did would have a huge advantage over the other. Cowon is so niche, but once one of the more popular manufacturers decided to go this route...many would follow.

Oct 7, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #247 of 1,931
How often do you see salt and pepper in Chinese restaurants? :)
I’m wondering when another company besides Cowon will add the option for DSP effects (like their BBE and Jeteffects). It’s such a good implementation and the best sound sculpting additions that I’ve heard on a dap. I think if Fiio or IBasso added this to their DAPs, the first one that did would have a huge advantage over the other. Cowon is so niche, but once one of the more popular manufacturers decided to go this route...many would follow.
Cowon has been in business for much longer.

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #249 of 1,931
Yes, they have, but have a smaller market share. I like where they ended up on their journey and what they consider “good” audio for listening to music. Their DSP options are wonderful.
I have their 6 of their daps.

Oct 8, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #250 of 1,931
I wonder if I have an apk backup for Jetaudio for Android of any versions before 1.0.2 - BBE etc was available on there at release only to be removed later without explanation (after I'd paid for the app of course)...

Oct 8, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #253 of 1,931
No apparently they had issues with the dual slots so I think all future models will only have the 1.

I read they were having problems with very large capacity cards not working properly do due differences in how much power different cards draw cards draw. They said cutting down to one slot guarantees all 1tb cards will work. seams to me there should have been a solution that let them keep both, I sure would like to have 1 card for traditional music and another just for tidal. In 6 months 1tb cards should be priced a bit better, too bad for us in the market right now.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #254 of 1,931
Yes, there will have not any new DAP with 2 Micro SD slot cause most Soc only supports one Micro SD so we have to expand another and sometimes it will cause some difference. in m11 , there are some issues with some special micro SD card Brand and finally we solve the issues but the write/read speed have to be limited .

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 9, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #255 of 1,931
The dd store again did not keep its word and did not release the case for the M11Pro on sale on time.
Let me remind you - a couple of times I wrote to their store and talked with a store representative. The first time I wrote to them on September 26th and they told me that the protective covers would go on sale in the next two days, but the protective covers did not go on sale. Later, I wrote to them on September 29 and October 1 with the same question, they answered me on October 2 and said that the protective cases for the M11Pro will go on sale on October 8. Today is October 9th - protective cases are not on sale.
Frankly - I am very unhappy with such misinformation received from a representative of the store dd. One gets the feeling that they are mocking their customers. I, using the information provided by the representative of the dd store, posted information about the start date of sales of protective cases for M11Pro on this forum, but the store did not release the product on the appointed day, and now I feel like a fool through the fault of the store representative. I believe that in matters such as the start date of sales, store representatives should be punctual and not tell customers about the start date of sales, if this information is not accurate, if this information is not verified! I want to apologize to all the people on this forum for such misinformation!
Today I also wrote a message to them, the message has been read, but there is no answer.
The question is whether there are alternative stores in which protective covers for the M11Pro will be released in the near future? Maybe Fiio will take care of the release of protective cases for the M11Pro? (question to the representative of Fiio)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back