FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Oct 11, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #272 of 1,931
My M11pro is also on build number 1.0.0 and I haven't heard of any other new firmware yet.
I'm sure the updates will come once they are ready...

Oct 11, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #273 of 1,931
So. The M11Pro came to me. Headphones Fiio FH7 still on the way. At the moment, I can compare the M11Pro with the M11 on the F9SE headphones. I can say for sure that the sound has become more transparent, clear, there is no background noise at all — silence (but here you need to take into account that F9 have an impedance of 28Ω). More elaborated low frequencies, embossed, textured, more powerful bass. Low frequencies are more massive. Better tool separation compared to the M11. The Pro version shows more details in the composition, more nuances of sound are heard. With pleasure, I’m listening to my entire media library on F9 headphones again, I would never have thought that these headphones could sound so good. But what surprised me the most was the fact that the F9 headphones from the 3.5 jack sound as wide, as voluminous and deep as the M11 + FH5 bundle sounded in balance (the FH5 has a slightly different sound character, but overall the sound is at the same level , I feel right away that the M11Pro device is higher than M11. I am pleasantly surprised. I can definitely say that M11Pro is a new level compared to M11. I can say more when I get the FH7. M11Pro is cool! M11Pro is a serious competitor for iBasso DX220. I can say that their sound level is identical. I compared the sound of the M11 with the DX220 on FH5 headphones. Based on how the M11Pro sounds with the F9, I can say for sure that with higher quality headphones it will sound great, just as detailed, but more musical than the DX220. But I can say more specifically already having the presence of FH7.
The sound of the M11Pro I would describe as more natural compared to the M11. The sound is very pleasant, reminiscent of the activation of the "All to DSD" function on the M11, but even more transparent and cleaner, I like it! I didn’t think that F9 headphones could sound so good! F9 never sounded as good on M11 as they do on M11Pro, I would say that m11Pro is a different device in sound! Owning the M11 + FH5 on some audio recordings, I turned on the “All to DSD” option for a cleaner, more beautiful sound, but on the M11Pro, I just listen and enjoy it without activating this option, and this is on simple F9 headphones. I am very satisfied!
The device heats up when listening from 3.5. Not hot, but close to that.
P.S. - it’s unusual without a cover, I’ll hope that the protective cover ordered by me from dd comes soon.
And now the question is - I have build number 1.0.0 - wi-fi updates do not come. Has anyone had a similar problem? How to solve a problem? Download the latest firmware from the official Fiio website? Or is the latest build number 1.0.0 for the Pro version?

It's probably getting hot due to the burn in process, my 1000M did the same thing, then it settled down.

Oct 11, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #274 of 1,931
Definitely burn-in heat, mine doesn't get hot anymore after a week.

You guys were not joking about the balanced cable. Holy moly this thing is amazing with both the FH7 and Elear! It took a day or so of burn-in for the other dac/amp to catch up after switching from single ended, balance feature in operating system helps during that time.

Another thing that made the player come to life for me was leaving high gain on even with the FH7, more punch and finesse.

I got curious what the ultimate high resolution file would sound like and found a site that lets you download DSD, MQA, etc of the same track. This was my first time trying DSD because I didn't believe it could get better than FLAC, like back in the day it couldn't get better than 320kbps MP3... LOL

You just need the equipment for such files and this is definitely capable!

Bone-chilling, eye-watering emotional sound... wherever you are. :D

Oct 11, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #276 of 1,931
Missing sound on the M11Pro. Just stopped playing music. I made a full reset to the factory settings - it did not help. What to do? What could be the problem? Is there any firmware for M11Pro? Are M11 firmware suitable for M11Pro?
I am very sad.:cry:

Oct 11, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #277 of 1,931
Definitely burn-in heat, mine doesn't get hot anymore after a week.

You guys were not joking about the balanced cable. Holy moly this thing is amazing with both the FH7 and Elear! It took a day or so of burn-in for the other dac/amp to catch up after switching from single ended, balance feature in operating system helps during that time.

Another thing that made the player come to life for me was leaving high gain on even with the FH7, more punch and finesse.

I got curious what the ultimate high resolution file would sound like and found a site that lets you download DSD, MQA, etc of the same track. This was my first time trying DSD because I didn't believe it could get better than FLAC, like back in the day it couldn't get better than 320kbps MP3... LOL

You just need the equipment for such files and this is definitely capable!

Bone-chilling, eye-watering emotional sound... wherever you are. :D
My Pro was delivered this morning, it's stare at the clock day at work for me!

Oct 11, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #278 of 1,931
Missing sound on the M11Pro. Just stopped playing music. I made a full reset to the factory settings - it did not help. What to do? What could be the problem? Is there any firmware for M11Pro? Are M11 firmware suitable for M11Pro?
I am very sad.:cry:
What are you using (IEMs/headphones)? Have you tried balanced and SE cables? Is it in PO (not LO or SPDIF out modes)? Checked volume? Which app?

Oct 11, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #281 of 1,931
What are you using (IEMs/headphones)? Have you tried balanced and SE cables? Is it in PO (not LO or SPDIF out modes)? Checked volume? Which app?
I checked everything before a full reset, I did not change any settings, I just listened to music. I don’t understand what could be the matter, there is an assumption that he was overheating. It is hot when I listen through output 3.5
At the moment, I do not have a balanced cable.

Oct 11, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #282 of 1,931
I checked everything before a full reset, I did not change any settings, I just listened to music. I don’t understand what could be the matter, there is an assumption that he was overheating. It is hot when I listen through output 3.5
At the moment, I do not have a balanced cable.
Is it very hot where you are at the moment? Overheating is rare but not unheard of. Let it cool down, and carry on. If it keeps happening it could be a problem, so hopefully it's just a once-off. Good luck and keep the impressions coming!

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #283 of 1,931
More MW will create more heat ?

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #285 of 1,931
The device is in stock condition. Po, the fiio music application, low gain, F9se headphones, the volume was at 60 units, increasing or decreasing the volume did not give anything - silence. After I made a complete reset, I did not change the settings, but the device did not play music. Only after lying down for 5-10 minutes after turning on again began to play music. I hope Fiio will take this problem into account, perhaps they will understand what’s the matter and release a new firmware. I would not want this to happen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back