1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by JamesFiiO, Sep 9, 2019.
First

Back
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Next

Last
  1. Dmitry89
    I want to explain my desire to purchase a protective case. With the release of the M15Pro, I will probably be selling the M11Pro, and I want the M11Pro case to be in a new state, I want to protect the device case from scratches and various damage. It's a shame that the M11Pro is currently the only device for which there are no protective covers at the start of sales.

VanLifeHiFi likes this.
  2. szore
    Just purchased the M11 Pro!

VanLifeHiFi likes this.
  3. Dmitry89
    Tell us about your first impressions of the sound!

VanLifeHiFi likes this.
  4. szore
    Yup, as soon as it's delivered and burned in! I owned the 1000M so I'm really curious about Fios' implementation of the dual 97. I demoed the M11 last week and was shocked at how good it sounded for the price point.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    VanLifeHiFi and Dmitry89 like this.
  5. MWeston
    This is very disappointing. Giving up on an idea because it didn't work one time is called the death of innovation. I chose the M11 over anything else because it had two SD card slots. I don't like putting everything on one single card because it is more expensive and creates a single point of failure. I hope you can at least give it some more effort for the M15 Pro since that one is a ways off.

Most SOC's have 3-6 SDIO ports these days. One goes to WiFi, one for SD and then another one is easily available for another SD interface, even under heavy pin muxing to get at other peripherals. It's not like you need a ton of UARTs or I2S interfaces from the Exynos chip since your FPGA is handling most of the audio stuff. It seems sad to give up just because of the need for a beefier power supply but maybe that's just me. :)

VanLifeHiFi and JLW654 like this.
  6. Wyville
    While I absolutely understand why people like the option of two card slots, it is quite funny when I put it in the perspective of growing up with cassette tapes and CD's. Apart from the space on a single tiny little card for multiple albums (even if DSD), it never seems to occur to people that you can have multiple cards and just switch them around if you want different music... :D

ps. Yeah, I am starting to feel old. :p

VanLifeHiFi and CobraMan like this.
  7. JLW654
    I go back to the days of 78's... so nowadays everything is for convenience and ease of use. Swapping tiny micro sd cards to me is like trying to thread a needle....not so easy. I like to fit and forget, not swap..lol...

VanLifeHiFi and Wyville like this.
  8. gLer
    For me it’s not so much that I NEED two SD slots, but like anything nice-to-have, once you have it you don’t want to give it up. Especially since the M11/PRO make it difficult to just pop the cards in and out with their hidden trays.

VanLifeHiFi likes this.
  9. JLW654
    Two slots good, one slot...shortchanged..!!

VanLifeHiFi likes this.
  10. Dmitry89
    VanLifeHiFi likes this.
  11. Nayparm
    Seems to be only that weird green colour, black is crossed out. I'm finding the original M11 case absolutely fine, the leather has stretched a little, it slides in and out easily :ksc75smile:
    Better than some of my other daps that I would swear where glued it if i didn't know better :beyersmile:

VanLifeHiFi likes this.
  12. olinko
    Does this mean that the new batches for the regular FiiO M11 will only have one slot?
    (If so, it should be cheaper in itself, not just because the M11 Pro is the newer item)

VanLifeHiFi likes this.
  13. gLer
    No, the M11 will continue to be the only FiiO of the current generation to have two slots until it’s discontinued.

VanLifeHiFi likes this.
  14. Dmitry89
    So. The M11Pro came to me. Headphones Fiio FH7 still on the way. At the moment, I can compare the M11Pro with the M11 on the F9SE headphones. I can say for sure that the sound has become more transparent, clear, there is no background noise at all — silence (but here you need to take into account that F9 have an impedance of 28Ω). More elaborated low frequencies, embossed, textured, more powerful bass. Low frequencies are more massive. Better tool separation compared to the M11. The Pro version shows more details in the composition, more nuances of sound are heard. With pleasure, I’m listening to my entire media library on F9 headphones again, I would never have thought that these headphones could sound so good. But what surprised me the most was the fact that the F9 headphones from the 3.5 jack sound as wide, as voluminous and deep as the M11 + FH5 bundle sounded in balance (the FH5 has a slightly different sound character, but overall the sound is at the same level , I feel right away that the M11Pro device is higher than M11. I am pleasantly surprised. I can definitely say that M11Pro is a new level compared to M11. I can say more when I get the FH7. M11Pro is cool! M11Pro is a serious competitor for iBasso DX220. I can say that their sound level is identical. I compared the sound of the M11 with the DX220 on FH5 headphones. Based on how the M11Pro sounds with the F9, I can say for sure that with higher quality headphones it will sound great, just as detailed, but more musical than the DX220. But I can say more specifically already having the presence of FH7.
    The sound of the M11Pro I would describe as more natural compared to the M11. The sound is very pleasant, reminiscent of the activation of the "All to DSD" function on the M11, but even more transparent and cleaner, I like it! I didn’t think that F9 headphones could sound so good! F9 never sounded as good on M11 as they do on M11Pro, I would say that m11Pro is a different device in sound! Owning the M11 + FH5 on some audio recordings, I turned on the “All to DSD” option for a cleaner, more beautiful sound, but on the M11Pro, I just listen and enjoy it without activating this option, and this is on simple F9 headphones. I am very satisfied!
    The device heats up when listening from 3.5. Not hot, but close to that.
    P.S. - it’s unusual without a cover, I’ll hope that the protective cover ordered by me from dd comes soon.
    And now the question is - I have build number 1.0.0 - wi-fi updates do not come. Has anyone had a similar problem? How to solve a problem? Download the latest firmware from the official Fiio website? Or is the latest build number 1.0.0 for the Pro version?

After M11, I got a WOW effect from listening to the Pro version! If you are planning to buy it, take it, you will not regret it !!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  15. AWille
    My M11pro is also on build number 1.0.0 and I haven't heard of any other new firmware yet.

VanLifeHiFi likes this.
First

Back
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Next

Last