FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Oct 3, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #196 of 1,931
With High Gain ON, my Elears (Are these not considered easy to drive for cans? 80ohm) are just loud enough at 90-100% volume. With a hard to drive can (Like an HD800 @ 300ohm), you'd be listening to whispers.

Weird my Clear I have confortable volume at 50 in low gain with my X7II which has similar power output compared to the M11

Oct 3, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #197 of 1,931
With High Gain ON, my Elears (Are these not considered easy to drive for cans? 80ohm) are just loud enough at 90-100% volume. With a hard to drive can (Like an HD800 @ 300ohm), you'd be listening to whispers.

I had the M11 and drive my 400i that have 93db eficience at 80/120 at satisfactory levels, is the pro weaker?

Are you both each using single-ended or balanced?

Also, it is certainly possible for a source to be good at driving current-hungry planars but not high-impedance dynamics such as an HD800 (or vice versa), but the impedance on the Focal headphones is not that high, is it?

Oct 3, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #198 of 1,931
Are you both each using single-ended or balanced?

Also, it is certainly possible for a source to be good at driving current-hungry planars but not high-impedance dynamics such as an HD800 (or vice versa), but the impedance on the Focal headphones is not that high, is it?

I'm single-ended still. Does the balanced cable open it up for more power output? Google was my source for the Elear Ohms. I read on Head-Fi that someone tested them to be closer to 100ohm if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe my hearing is trash compared to you dudes. 130-140dB car audio setups during high school and night clubbing probably took the edge off. :D Still, I don't feel like they have the same punch as they do connected to the Sony CAS-1 DAC/Amp so I can't personally recommend the M11Pro for similar cans.

Oct 3, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #199 of 1,931
I'm single-ended still. Does the balanced cable open it up for more power output? Google was my source for the Elear Ohms. I read on Head-Fi that someone tested them to be closer to 100ohm if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe my hearing is trash compared to you dudes. 130-140dB car audio setups during high school and night clubbing probably took the edge off. :D Still, I don't feel like they have the same punch as they do connected to the Sony CAS-1 DAC/Amp so I can't personally recommend the M11Pro for similar cans.
When the budget is low the 3.5 amp will not be able to give you a lot of MW for demanding iems or headphones , so with balance configuration you will get more MW which can improve the sound.

Oct 3, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #200 of 1,931
When the budget is low the 3.5 amp will not be able to give you a lot of MW for demanding iems or headphones , so with balance configuration you will get more MW which can improve the sound.

Sweet, thanks for educating me. I will order some balanced cables and get back to this thread with an update on how it works.

M11Pro + FH7 are a match made in heaven at this price point folks, if you're on the fence about the same combo I'd say go for it immediately. :)

Oct 3, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #201 of 1,931
Sweet, thanks for educating me. I will order some balanced cables and get back to this thread with an update on how it works.

M11Pro + FH7 are a match made in heaven at this price point folks, if you're on the fence about the same combo I'd say go for it immediately. :)
Yeah you definitely need to use full size headphones balanced on the M11/Pro. SE is less than half the power, and balanced opens up the sound so nicely. I'm at 90/120 at good listening volume with the HD800 in balanced mode. Elears should be simple to drive in balanced mode.

Oct 3, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #202 of 1,931
Interesting to hear if the M11 Pro suffers from the painfully loud white noise issue when you turn it on whilst charging? That is the reason i returned the M11 ( plus the fact it sounded thin and lacked dynamics to me).

Oct 3, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #203 of 1,931
Balanced is 4x the output power, so for hungrier cans the difference is significant.

Oct 4, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #204 of 1,931
I don't own M11 or M11 PRO, but I DO own the Fiio Q1MK2 dac/amp. I can say for certain, that balanced output is the way to go to get better power. I never use single-ended...every earphone I use has a balanced 2.5mm plug. Better power, separation, stage...everything. If I'm not mistaken, M11 puts out over half a watt in balanced mode...over 2.5 times more than my Q1MK2. And I can get my iems deafeningly loud on the Q1MK2, with 32 ohm iems. My Takstar Pro82 at 82 ohms also works great. My Massdrop Hifiman HE4XX...not so great. If you are looking to drive planars or high impedance/low sensitivity headphones off a DAP; you're looking in the wrong direction, IMHO. Those types of cans need more juice than a DAP can deliver. Better to use those with a desktop system with a higher powered amp and dac.

Oct 4, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #205 of 1,931
Plenty of planars can be driven by some DAPs, but you're looking towards things like the Kann Cube and DX220 with Amp 8 (12 and 9Vrms respectively) for those. Stupid hungry cans like HE-6, Susvara and Abyss still out of reach, but majority of other planars will work fine.

Oct 4, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #206 of 1,931
Dear friend,

Thanks for the kind feedback.

The clear case doesn't comes with the M11 Pro. Due to the limitations of process design and material supplier, we cannot produce a clear case that meets our quality requirements. Beides, beacuse of the production technology and quantity, the supplier is not willing to cooperate. In addition, we got some complaint of the product quality and workmanship from some users before. Please understand that we have tried our best to coordinate with the supplier, but the result is still unsatisfactory. Therefore, considering comprehensively, the M11 Pro is not applied with a clear case.

Best regards
Do you have a release date for the M11 Pro in N.A.? I demoed the M11 and it sounded fantastic!

Oct 4, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #207 of 1,931
Oct 4, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #208 of 1,931

Users who are viewing this thread

Back