1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by JamesFiiO, Sep 9, 2019.
First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last
  1. gLer
    Just speculating that the ‘Pro’ could be reserved for the THX amplification, though I could be wrong.

2. Dmitry89
    I also thought about it. I still don’t understand why Fiio has two flagships, one model will probably be cheaper, the other device will be more expensive, but what's the point? Those people who are aiming to acquire the flagship, they will not compromise, most will purchase the Pro version.

3. jmills8
    No need to worry nor think. Just listen to the music. Rest your brain that wants to search for faults.

gLer likes this.
  4. gLer
    Because as long as there are suckers out there buying ‘the latest and greatest’ - starting with the M11, then Pro, then 15, then... then FiiO will keep splitting up the product line. Also keeps them ‘fresh’ and in the mind of greedy consumers. I would also prefer a 1-2 year release schedule of a ‘family’ of DAPs (like Apple does it), but I’m not the product manager. Personally I don’t ‘need’ more than the M11 and rather invest in the best IEMs I can buy. I promise you the FH7 will sound better with an M11 than a T2 with an M15 Pro :wink:

Jujoe likes this.
  5. deniska80
    First you buy m11, next (after 3-4months) you exchange it for m11 pro, next for m15...m15 pro etc.
    So instead of one device you buy 4. Profit!

6. Dmitry89
    I agree with everyone.:thumbsup: But what can I do, I can’t control myself ...:disappointed: But when the flagship comes out, I will buy the Pro version. Yes, yes, I’am the very sick audiophile:upside_down:
    But, if there is no protective case for the M15Pro device or there is no protective case available for sale, I will not buy it in principle!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  7. JLW654
    Yes, I have only seen a picture, which did look different. Probably an "artists" impression, or made to look a bit different for advertising purposes?

8. Wyville
    To quote FiiO:
    "M11/M11PRO/M15/M15PRO are the four models of the high-end player product line. They are different products of different market positioning with obvious differences between these models, particularly in the area of sound. In terms of appearance/function, M11 and M11PRO are very similar; M15/M15PRO will also similar with each other too. All these four models will be equipped with the Samsung Exynos 7872 and the 5.15-inch 18:9 screen. Therefore, there is no substitute relationship between these four models.

In fact, their relationship can be likened to one similar to that of Huawei P30 and P30PRO or iPhone XR and iPhone XS. Their positioning is different, and end-users can choose according to your own budget and needs."

Considering their analogy to the iPhone, it might be because FiiO aim at a broader market. Audiophiles are no longer just middle aged men with disposable incomes, and modern consumers expect choice and products that perfectly hit their sweet spot in terms of price, quality, features, etc..

showme99, dsrk, stenog and 1 other person like this.
  9. deniska80
    So we have 4 daps m11, m11pro, m15, m15pro.
    What is Iphone XR and what is Iphone XS and what are two remaining?

10. jmills8
    No there are 2 daps.

11. gLer
    I'd say more like Huawei P20/P20 Pro and P30/P30Pro. Better to use an Android analogy while we're at it :wink:

dsrk likes this.
  12. VanLifeHiFi
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Order from Amazon USA showed up. Got it charging now... :)

13. dsrk
    Yes, both FiiO and Huawei don't have Google Play right now.

14. Dmitry89
    Share your first impression with us. Is there anything to compare?

VanLifeHiFi likes this.
  15. VanLifeHiFi
    Absolutely stunning piece of gear from Fiio.

I'm 33 and went to my first Canjam in Denver a few years ago, since then I have been listening to the Focal Elear driven by the Sony CAS-1 amplifier. Pretty great but I'm traveling around America now in an RV/van and needed something portable without losing the quality I have come to expect from the Focal/Sony kit.

This M11 Pro paired with the FH7 checks all of the boxes for me. Zero noise interference, fast and detailed sound with impressive bass.

I listen with Tidal streaming, mainly electronic genres and some jazz or hiphop sprinkled in. Neck is tired from all the head nodding today. :)

I guess I need the 4.4mm balanced cable to get the full effect of this balanced DAP?

Thanks Fiio for getting products of such high quality out for less than the competition!

dsrk and Dmitry89 like this.
First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last