FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Oct 3, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #181 of 1,931
Absolutely stunning piece of gear from Fiio.

I'm 33 and went to my first Canjam in Denver a few years ago, since then I have been listening to the Focal Elear driven by the Sony CAS-1 amplifier. Pretty great but I'm traveling around America now in an RV/van and needed something portable without losing the quality I have come to expect from the Focal/Sony kit.

This M11 Pro paired with the FH7 checks all of the boxes for me. Zero noise interference, fast and detailed sound with impressive bass.

I listen with Tidal streaming, mainly electronic genres and some jazz or hiphop sprinkled in. Neck is tired from all the head nodding today. :)

I guess I need the 4.4mm balanced cable to get the full effect of this balanced DAP?

Thanks Fiio for getting products of such high quality out for less than the competition!
You listening while driving ?

Oct 3, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #186 of 1,931
This DAP is so full featured they threw in a SINK.

Or at least that's what it says in bt dac mode lol. BT SINK.

Help me remind them after holidays to correct the typo!
Haha, I also thought it was a typo, but it’s not. Read here:

https://source.android.com/devices/bluetooth/services

“A Bluetooth connection lets users stream audio on Bluetooth-enabled devices. For most audio use cases, the Android device is the source, and the rendering device, such as a speaker or a headset, is the sink.”

Oct 3, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #187 of 1,931
Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #189 of 1,931
Haha, I also thought it was a typo, but it’s not. Read here:

https://source.android.com/devices/bluetooth/services

“A Bluetooth connection lets users stream audio on Bluetooth-enabled devices. For most audio use cases, the Android device is the source, and the rendering device, such as a speaker or a headset, is the sink.”

Haha, thanks for the info.

Well alright, I guess since we're all on the same page you could say we're n-sync. :wink:

That case is not doing the DAP any favors visually IMO. Tacky like the dollar store phone cases... .02

Oct 3, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #190 of 1,931
Haha, thanks for the info.

Well alright, I guess since we're all on the same page you could say we're n-sync. :wink:

That case is not doing the DAP any favors visually IMO. Tacky like the dollar store phone cases... .02
I agree, the DD case is just silly with its wide open panel on the back. Pity the don't make the silicone case for the M11 Pro because it just works so well with the M11, especially if you then carry it around in a leather or canvas sleeve like those designed for larger cellphones.

Oct 3, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #191 of 1,931
Any sound quality impressions? Comparisons with FiiO M11 or iBasso DX220? Music app (Tidal, Quobuz...) streaming problems like the M11? Awaiting them to pre-order it (or not)...thanks

Oct 3, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #192 of 1,931
Any sound quality impressions? Comparisons with FiiO M11 or iBasso DX220? Music app (Tidal, Quobuz...) streaming problems like the M11? Awaiting them to pre-order it (or not)...thanks

No issues with the DAP yet personally. I have ran it on wi-fi streaming Tidal as well as a usb dac from my laptop and Note 10+. BT dac mode works great too but only for audio as there's latency issues with video.

The sound is desktop quality for IEMs but I would shy away from this model if you have harder to drive cans because it's only just able to power my Elears to satisfaction in High Gain mode.

Oct 3, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #193 of 1,931
No issues with the DAP yet personally. I have ran it on wi-fi streaming Tidal as well as a usb dac from my laptop and Note 10+. BT dac mode works great too but only for audio as there's latency issues with video.

The sound is desktop quality for IEMs but I would shy away from this model if you have harder to drive cans because it's only just able to power my Elears to satisfaction in High Gain mode.
that's why high gain mode exists, is for harder to drive cans..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back