[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Feb 4, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #7,576 of 9,288
Thanks for your reply. The Riva Festival looks perfect for my needs.

I'm not seeing the RCA input on the back of it though, are you using some kind of adapter?
Riva Festival not only looks perfectly but sounds surprisingly great. It competed successfully with my floor-standing old KEFs, until I upgraded the amp and DAC. WRT RCA, my bad: the cable is indeed AQ Tower 3.5mm to 3.5mm. The cable makes a difference compared to generic cables. My mistake came from the fact that I was also connecting the M11 to the amp -- with 3.5mm to RCA.
Riva uses some electronic/acoustic tricks to create the stereo effect going in various directions (filling the room). One can also get more units for more of the true stereo.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #7,577 of 9,288
Riva Festival not only looks perfectly but sounds surprisingly great. It competed successfully with my floor-standing old KEFs, until I upgraded the amp and DAC. WRT RCA, my bad: the cable is indeed AQ Tower 3.5mm to 3.5mm. The cable makes a difference compared to generic cables. My mistake came from the fact that I was also connecting the M11 to the amp -- with 3.5mm to RCA.
Riva uses some electronic/acoustic tricks to create the stereo effect going in various directions (filling the room). One can also get more units for more of the true stereo.

Thanks again, Ghjuvanni. The Riva Festival looks great.

I like the idea of having a simple setup - M11 - cable - Riva Festival.

What do you think about the Sonos speakers?

Feb 4, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #7,578 of 9,288
I like the idea of having a simple setup - M11 - cable - Riva Festival.

What do you think about the Sonos speakers?
Never listened to them. I did massive research first and selected the Riva Festival. We ordered from Amazon w/ a possibility of returning, but we have been so happy with the results (and impressing visitors :) ) that the speaker stayed. We decided to "simplify! simplify!" when already hugely satisfied. One can always have the anxiety that something else out there will sound even better and will get us closer to the Paradise, but I am learning to stop that tendency. Similarly with the Amiron Home cans. Yeah... possibly something sounds "even better" (and can be much more costly), but I don't care! But please don't cheap out on cables! AQ Tower at ~$40 is not such a big deal but it does bring beautiful tonality to Riva. OTOH, I would not be spending more. With headphones, it made sense to get balanced cable from beyerdynamic for $100.

Feb 4, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #7,579 of 9,288
Never listened to them. I did massive research first and selected the Riva Festival. We ordered from Amazon w/ a possibility of returning, but we have been so happy with the results (and impressing visitors :) ) that the speaker stayed. We decided to "simplify! simplify!" when already hugely satisfied. One can always have the anxiety that something else out there will sound even better and will get us closer to the Paradise, but I am learning to stop that tendency. Similarly with the Amiron Home cans. Yeah... possibly something sounds "even better" (and can be much more costly), but I don't care! But please don't cheap out on cables! AQ Tower at ~$40 is not such a big deal but it does bring beautiful tonality to Riva. OTOH, I would not be spending more. With headphones, it made sense to get balanced cable from beyerdynamic for $100.

Thanks again for your help.

If anyone else has some suggestions please let me know.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #7,580 of 9,288
Hello everyone, I just installed Poweramp on my new M11 and it's fantastic. I love the way I can customize everything. Beautiful.
I'm currently running the trial version I downloaded from APKPure, so maybe I don't have access to all functionnalities. I have a few questions for those who use it with the M11 :

- I have mp3, flacs and High-res files. What parameter do I have to chose to listen to all of that ? Is there a function I have to activate if I want to listen to High-res?
- I see that my 44.1kHz flacs are sampled to 48 kHz when I play them, is this normal ?
- Is there a way to watch the multiple artworks I have embeded as tags in one single track ? I have a front cover, wich is the main cover I use for my file, and then I embeded the back cover, and sometimes the CD booklet. I'd love to have a way to switch those images.

Thank you. Sorry for my bad English.

Feb 4, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #7,581 of 9,288
Never heard any hiss on M11 but I listen to FLAC and Qobuz. Great pairing with beyerdynamic Amiron Home + their balanced cable. Single-ended was underwhelming for these 300 Ohm headphones.
And I do use 2 SD card slots: 512GB completely filled with my CD collection ripped to FLAC, and I started the 2nd: 128GB reused from the X5 I had. 1TB card, OTOH, is very expensive at $260. Granted, nobody needs to carry their complete music library in a pocket, but it is kind of cool. I listen in places where there's no Wifi. 2 SD slots were always great about Fiio; too bad they have dropped the slot.

Maybe this is an issue with Tidal on the m11. The noise is present on both mqa and hifi songs

Feb 5, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #7,583 of 9,288
SIMPLE question @ FiiO!

M11 -> micro gaps while playing music via BT LDAC (qual / normal) mode with Sony MDR-1000XM3! -> nomral encoded FLAC / MP3 (16 Bit, 44,1KHz stereo coded with standard settings).
M11 -> NO micro gaps while music playing via wired Sony MDR-Z7M2!

WHAT are you doing about the gaps I reported many! MANY! times past months / last year?

The gaps are existing for ALL models M7 -> M11 and the music files are not the trouble maker!
It seems SoC / BT module problem for ALL M-devices!

@FiiO
Please answer and FIX it cause this is a massive issue and a warranty issue!
Normally you have to pay! for all three DEFECT devices I own!

btw. other devices from other manufact. are NOT affected by this kind of issue!
The headphones playing fine @other devices. It's just a FiiO problem!

NO reaction is no support for future models!
Dear friend,

We have PM you for more details before but failed to receive your answer. And you could also contact our engineer by by email to llc@fiio.net.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 5, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #7,584 of 9,288
I absolutely love my Pro. Not missing the second micro SD slot as I stream Tidal most times. Sensitive IEMs hiss with M11, not at all with Pro. Pro is simply the sweet spot for me. Haven't heard the M15 but don't need to :D
That THX magic in play. That would be the only reason I switch. Frankly, if FiiO hops on board the high end wagon, the M11 I have may be end of the trail... but we will see.

Feb 5, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #7,585 of 9,288
Dear friend,

We have PM you for more details before but failed to receive your answer. And you could also contact our engineer by by email to llc@fiio.net.

Best regards
You asked for music files.... but WHY? The gaps are NOT based on my NORMAL Mp3 and FLAC music files! I reported this thing MANY, MANY times!
...and with my latest post I x checked it via wired headphones! ALL music files are playing FINE via wired headphones!
M7 -> M11 making trouble via BT module (maybe it's related by the BT module OR / AND in comination with Samsung SoC).

Pls read and understand and check it in YOUR hardware AND software! My music files are playing fine EVERYWHERE and with EVERY hardware / software excluding your devices!

Buy a Sony 1000XM3 headphone check it via LDAC qual. mode and you will get the same result!
Just SBC is working fine, but SBC is not LDAC! My Sony headphones are also working fine with other devices, excluding FiiO M7 -> M11!

Feb 6, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #7,587 of 9,288
Feb 6, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #7,588 of 9,288
Someone did blind testing recently, comparing M11, M11 Pro, and M15. People were supposed to pick the best player. Most people picked M11 Pro, smaller group picked M15, finally the smallest group picked M11 as the best. That's a bad result for M15 costing close to 3 times more than M11 and twice as much as M11 Pro (while still having only one slot). It also means all of them are quite similar. Thus I think the rational choice is M11, value-wise. Unless somebody really wants that useless wooden box for $850 :) I think with M15 Fiio is shooting themselves in the foot.

With what music? With what headphones or IEMs? What do you mean by "best"? Some people think that a technically worse sound is better to them. For example, some people think that a "harder" sound is more hi-fi, when what they are hearing is distortion, or a lower distortion sound is too "cold", and a more "high fidelity" sound is smoother.

Feb 6, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #7,589 of 9,288
Hi

Basically, yes you do need to remove the trial version.

You need to download and install the specific poweramp apk from the site, then purchase the license via the website, using the paypro system, then you get an email with unlocking details for the specific version you installed on the M11...

I went through the procedure ... here's a chunk of the mail received (note you want V3 option only):

"Poweramp is unlocked in-app via Settings => Already Purchased? => Website.

Detailed instructions:
1. uninstall any other version of Poweramp Full Version Unlocker if you have it
2. ensure you have Poweramp from website (http://powerampapp.com/download-poweramp). Poweramp from Play doesn't have website purchase support
3. ensure your Internet connection is working on the device and you can open http://powerampapp.com
4. (Poweramp v3 only) in Poweramp Settings use Already Purchased? => Website and type in Email account (my email address used to purchase it) and Order ID (my order id which they gave me)
-- OR --
4. (Poweramp v2 only) ensure your Google or Email account POWERAMP 3 is registered under Android settings => Accounts
5. (Poweramp v2 only) in Poweramp Settings use Already Purchased? => Website and type in Email account POWERAMP 3 and Order ID 17329182

More details: http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/324284-restore-poweramp-purchase-build-550-"
Thanks for this information.

Feb 6, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #7,590 of 9,288
You asked for music files.... but WHY? The gaps are NOT based on my NORMAL Mp3 and FLAC music files! I reported this thing MANY, MANY times!
...and with my latest post I x checked it via wired headphones! ALL music files are playing FINE via wired headphones!
M7 -> M11 making trouble via BT module (maybe it's related by the BT module OR / AND in comination with Samsung SoC).

Pls read and understand and check it in YOUR hardware AND software! My music files are playing fine EVERYWHERE and with EVERY hardware / software excluding your devices!

Buy a Sony 1000XM3 headphone check it via LDAC qual. mode and you will get the same result!
Just SBC is working fine, but SBC is not LDAC! My Sony headphones are also working fine with other devices, excluding FiiO M7 -> M11!
It sounds like Fiio DAPs just don't play well with your bluetooth headphones. If bluetooth is a priority for you, it might be time to look into players from other brands (iBasso, Hiby, Sony, etc). If possible, try them out before you buy (or buy from a store with a good return policy). Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back