[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Feb 2, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #7,563 of 9,288
so just get another m11 (non pro) and an awesome portable amp?

I have demoed all 3 models, M11, M11 Pro, and M15.
I personally own the normal M11 because although there are slight differences in the sound of each of them, I don't believe it warrants the price gap between the 3.
Unless you are getting a smoking deal on one of the 'higher' models, I would stick with the normal M11.

20200125_152046.jpg
20191221_131736.jpg

Feb 2, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #7,564 of 9,288
I have demoed all 3 models, M11, M11 Pro, and M15.
I personally own the normal M11 because although there are slight differences in the sound of each of them, I don't believe it warrants the price gap between the 3.
Unless you are getting a smoking deal on one of the 'higher' models, I would stick with the normal M11.

20200125_152046.jpg20191221_131736.jpg
ok, i had a m11 normal but it died sadly got refund. and was looking around :) thanks man i'll get a new one and save the money for the woo audio WA8

Feb 3, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #7,565 of 9,288
I have upgraded to M11 Pro from M11 and couldn't be happier. Pitch black background with Noble K10 where the M11 has some hiss. It drives nicely all my cans and I especially love how it pairs with Sony MDR-Z1R and with the good old Oppo PM-3. Balanced port give a run for MojoPoly and then some. Much easier to live with than the Chord combo, too. Can't see any reason to spend twice as much for the M15.

Feb 3, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #7,566 of 9,288
I have upgraded to M11 Pro from M11 and couldn't be happier. Pitch black background with Noble K10 where the M11 has some hiss. It drives nicely all my cans and I especially love how it pairs with Sony MDR-Z1R and with the good old Oppo PM-3. Balanced port give a run for MojoPoly and then some. Much easier to live with than the Chord combo, too. Can't see any reason to spend twice as much for the M15.
yea, i was just looking at it cause i got extra money. but after hearing what people said im glad im just sticking to the m11. and i got a thx amp/dac from monoprice love that thing. but if theres one thing i want is a portable tube amp lol. i love my dark voice on my desk. Also if I wasn't so dependent on Spotify and Amazon for music I'd wait and try to get a lotoo paw 6000

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #7,567 of 9,288
I think the M11 is the last high-value player from Fiio so far. I am using both SD card slots, and I think the sound is just great (on beyerdynamic Amiron Home with balanced cable plugged into 2.5mm output). I also use cheaper AKG headphones when biking or at work -- with great effect. In fact, only last year I upgraded from 1st gen X5. M11 sounds only a bit better than that 5 year old player: all good players are becoming very similar. My only reason to upgrade was WiFi and capacity for bigger cards. With M11 Pro you lose $200 and one SD slot. Someone did blind testing recently, comparing M11, M11 Pro, and M15. People were supposed to pick the best player. Most people picked M11 Pro, smaller group picked M15, finally the smallest group picked M11 as the best. That's a bad result for M15 costing close to 3 times more than M11 and twice as much as M11 Pro (while still having only one slot). It also means all of them are quite similar. Thus I think the rational choice is M11, value-wise. Unless somebody really wants that useless wooden box for $850 :) I think with M15 Fiio is shooting themselves in the foot.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #7,568 of 9,288
I'd say it depends on your headphones/IEMs and music. If both are of a high grade (Andromeda or better for example) and you are listening mainly at home or in another quiet place, then the M11 Pro might be worth it. If you're using stuff on the go where there is a lot of noise then the benefits of having higher quality gear are lost pretty much.

Feb 3, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #7,569 of 9,288
Someone did blind testing recently, comparing M11, M11 Pro, and M15. People were supposed to pick the best player. Most people picked M11 Pro, smaller group picked M15, finally the smallest group picked M11 as the best. That's a bad result for M15 costing close to 3 times more than M11 and twice as much as M11 Pro (while still having only one slot). It also means all of them are quite similar. Thus I think the rational choice is M11, value-wise.

I absolutely love my Pro. Not missing the second micro SD slot as I stream Tidal most times. Sensitive IEMs hiss with M11, not at all with Pro. Pro is simply the sweet spot for me. Haven't heard the M15 but don't need to :D

Feb 4, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #7,570 of 9,288
I'd say it depends on your headphones/IEMs and music. If both are of a high grade (Andromeda or better for example) and you are listening mainly at home or in another quiet place, then the M11 Pro might be worth it. If you're using stuff on the go where there is a lot of noise then the benefits of having higher quality gear are lost pretty much.
i mostly use my audeze isine 10's for on the go. i do want to get some more iem and portable headphones for sure.

Feb 4, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #7,571 of 9,288
Thanks for checking. I did factory reset and have the latest firmware, but got the same result. Now I am almost certain my unit is faulty with alltodsd. The only strange thing it only happens with tidal, it works flawlessly with fiio app. I updated tidal to the latest with apkpure as well.

Did you ever resolve this issue? I have the exact same thing happening with my M11. Its only on Tidal. The FiiO app has no noise. The noise sounds like a high frequency hash over the actual music. Its easy to hear it with soft content (i.e. piano, acoustic, etc.)

Feb 4, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #7,572 of 9,288
Did you ever resolve this issue? I have the exact same thing happening with my M11. Its only on Tidal. The FiiO app has no noise. The noise sounds like a high frequency hash over the actual music. Its easy to hear it with soft content (i.e. piano, acoustic, etc.)
Never heard any hiss on M11 but I listen to FLAC and Qobuz. Great pairing with beyerdynamic Amiron Home + their balanced cable. Single-ended was underwhelming for these 300 Ohm headphones.
And I do use 2 SD card slots: 512GB completely filled with my CD collection ripped to FLAC, and I started the 2nd: 128GB reused from the X5 I had. 1TB card, OTOH, is very expensive at $260. Granted, nobody needs to carry their complete music library in a pocket, but it is kind of cool. I listen in places where there's no Wifi. 2 SD slots were always great about Fiio; too bad they have dropped the slot.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #7,573 of 9,288
Hi, I have the Fiio M11 and really like it. I would like to get a speaker that I can connect it to via one of the outputs. Bluetooth is nice but I don't want to be limited to just using bluetooth all the time as it eats up the batteries pretty fast.

My budget is £700.

Feb 4, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #7,574 of 9,288
Hi, I have the Fiio M11 and really like it. I would like to get a speaker that I can connect it to via one of the outputs. Bluetooth is nice but I don't want to be limited to just using bluetooth all the time as it eats up the batteries pretty fast.

My budget is £700.
Get Riva Festival. Have been using it with M11, connected with Audioquest Tower 3m cable (3.5mm to RCA). You can also consider KEF LS50 for more typical stereo (more expensive but great sound)

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #7,575 of 9,288
Get Riva Festival. Have been using it with M11, connected with Audioquest Tower 3m cable (3.5mm to RCA). You can also consider KEF LS50 for more typical stereo (more expensive but great sound)

Thanks for your reply. The Riva Festival looks perfect for my needs.

I'm not seeing the RCA input on the back of it though, are you using some kind of adapter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back