[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jan 23, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #7,531 of 9,288
Yeah default hard reset for android is power and a volume button, but since volume is a dial on M11 it was mapped to something else. Huzzah!

Jan 23, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #7,532 of 9,288
Power / Lock: While M11 is powered off, hold for 2s to turn on; while powered on, hold to display power off / reboot menu; press briefly while powered on to turn screen on / off; Press and hold for 10 seconds to reset.

Jan 23, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #7,534 of 9,288
I have 2 new Micro SD card coming, can the M11 format them or do I have to format them on the computer before inserting them in the M11? Also do they have to be formatted in Fat32 or Exfat?

Cards are formatted in exfat by default from the manufacturer if they're above 32gb IIRC. It should accept exfat just fine.

Jan 23, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #7,535 of 9,288
If it makes you guys feel any better, my screen on my m11 straight up, lifted out on the right side. I noticed it when it was facing downward and the screen just fell out. Although I should be covered to get it fixed, I didn't want to wait like a month for all the shipping and repair time, so I just glued it back and it hasn't fallen out yet.

I can't wait to be able to afford the LP6K and sell this thing for cheap

Jan 23, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #7,536 of 9,288
My M11's screen has the same problem. Did you get a replacement unit?

Yes I did get a new unit via the shop where I bought it. It was a long process but I got a unit that does not have that issue though this one has a couple of stuck pixels visible when at full brightness and a black background. Otherwise it's not very bothersome.
Though Fiio really needs to tighten up QC. This kind of factory defects aren't acceptable at this price range.

Jan 23, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #7,537 of 9,288
Can the Hiby Music app connect to a DLNA server? I have read that it can but can't find any option in the app or any guidance online how to do it. The FIIO app connects to DLNA just fine. Thanks.

Jan 24, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #7,538 of 9,288
SIMPLE question @ FiiO!

M11 -> micro gaps while playing music via BT LDAC (qual / normal) mode with Sony MDR-1000XM3! -> nomral encoded FLAC / MP3 (16 Bit, 44,1KHz stereo coded with standard settings).
M11 -> NO micro gaps while music playing via wired Sony MDR-Z7M2!

WHAT are you doing about the gaps I reported many! MANY! times past months / last year?

The gaps are existing for ALL models M7 -> M11 and the music files are not the trouble maker!
It seems SoC / BT module problem for ALL M-devices!

@FiiO
Please answer and FIX it cause this is a massive issue and a warranty issue!
Normally you have to pay! for all three DEFECT devices I own!

btw. other devices from other manufact. are NOT affected by this kind of issue!
The headphones playing fine @other devices. It's just a FiiO problem!

NO reaction is no support for future models!

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #7,539 of 9,288
SIMPLE question @ FiiO!

M11 -> micro gaps while playing music via BT LDAC (qual / normal) mode with Sony MDR-1000XM3! -> nomral encoded FLAC / MP3 (16 Bit, 44,1KHz stereo coded with standard settings).
M11 -> NO micro gaps while music playing via wired Sony MDR-Z7M2!

WHAT are you doing about the gaps I reported many! MANY! times past months / last year?

The gaps are existing for ALL models M7 -> M11 and the music files are not the trouble maker!
It seems SoC / BT module problem for ALL M-devices!

@FiiO
Please answer and FIX it cause this is a massive issue and a warranty issue!
Normally you have to pay! for all three DEFECT devices I own!

btw. other devices from other manufact. are NOT affected by this kind of issue!
The headphones playing fine @other devices. It's just a FiiO problem!

NO reaction is no support for future models!
I also had stuttering, or as you call it micro gaps, with the M11 - BT LDAC - Sony 1000XM3, until I switched in M11‘s bluetooth settings from sound priority to stable connection priority. Since then, didn‘t have any single interruption with the LDAC.

Jan 24, 2020 at 6:10 AM Post #7,540 of 9,288
The gaps are still existing with change to LDAC normal mode.LDAC stable connect. is not available for FiiO devices. :wink:
With SBC the BT connection is still working.....but sorry, FiiO supports LDAC... and in summary BT LDAC is NOT working without issues for FiiO M-devices!

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #7,541 of 9,288
If it makes you guys feel any better, my screen on my m11 straight up, lifted out on the right side. I noticed it when it was facing downward and the screen just fell out. Although I should be covered to get it fixed, I didn't want to wait like a month for all the shipping and repair time, so I just glued it back and it hasn't fallen out yet.

I can't wait to be able to afford the LP6K and sell this thing for cheap

As I understand it, the M11 comes with a tempered glass screen protector stuck on. It’s much more likely the adhesive on that weakened than your screen is falling off. Maybe you can remove it completely and put another one on for $10.

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #7,542 of 9,288
As I understand it, the M11 comes with a tempered glass screen protector stuck on. It’s much more likely the adhesive on that weakened than your screen is falling off. Maybe you can remove it completely and put another one on for $10.
??

Can you please show me how a screen protector might fix this? As far as I can tell the screen protector isn't affect at all and is still in perfect shape
20200124_083801.jpg

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #7,543 of 9,288
Question about SD Card format. I use ex-fat but it's a problem for me because its filesystem capabilities won't let me do incremental card updates with the linux `rsync` utility. Is there another filesystem format I can use for M11 cards that will properly work with incremental rsync capabilities, such as xfs or something else?

I maintain a "master" directory of my music on my laptop, and use 'rsync' to _attempt_ to incrementally push changes (music additions and deletions) to my sd card. But the ex-fat filesystem isn't smart enough and so the rsync command just recreates the entire sd card content, which is really slow.

Jan 24, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #7,544 of 9,288
??

Can you please show me how a screen protector might fix this? As far as I can tell the screen protector isn't affect at all and is still in perfect shape

Nothing I wrote is untrue, but maybe you should've led with the photo given how unusual it is compared with the more common protector coming off instead of mock someone trying to help you. At least the screen protector kept in one piece. Success!

Jan 24, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #7,545 of 9,288
Nothing I wrote is untrue, but maybe you should've led with the photo given how unusual it is compared with the more common protector coming off instead of mock someone trying to help you. At least the screen protector kept in one piece. Success!

I didn't mean to make it sound like you were wrong or mock you sorry! I wouldn't start with "if it makes you guys feel any better" if I had a common, or not as bad of a problem. For sure if it was the problem I'd say screen protector, which i hope no one would glue to their device screen to fix O.o

Lucky it ripped off cleanly enough that I could scrape off the adhesive Fiio used and apply some super glue and it looks like it was never an issue:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back