[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Aug 3, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #5,657 of 9,288
I am using WH-1000XM3 in LDAC Quality mode and does not noticed any gaps between all kind of track. Maybe you should think about formating your sd card, or factory resetting your player.

One thing which I was noticed that for some reason in many track I've got a distortions on a fade out of a tracks.
Do you understand my problem? :wink:
I have the SAME issue at M7, M9 AND M11. Different devices, different situation, different storage, SAME manufact., SAME chipset, SAME FiiO app! AND tada,there are NO problems with other devices....
The SD cards are working fine. The headphones are working fine (same model) and so on...

I tested it with Neutron again - ~60 min with different tracks, different time.... no problems with micro gaps. It seems, FiiO designed the FiiO music app NOT only for ONE model just for all the models of the same range (M range). That's the reason why the issue reproduces at all M devices....
FiiO has to design a single app for every model!

A normal 3rd party app will have the same problem - my preferred gonemad player reproduces the same error - it's not adapated to this model.
Neutron does not reproduce this issue, it's seems it's adapated to the M11 model (as discussed in Neutron forum)....maybe some hardware settings have to adapt (latency for example)....

It seems Samsung's SoC / BT chip is not really working with standard settings....

Aug 3, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #5,658 of 9,288
I have the SAME issue at M7, M9 AND M11. Different devices, different situation, different storage, SAME manufact., SAME chipset, SAME FiiO app! AND tada,there are NO problems with other devices....
The SD cards are working fine. The headphones are working fine (same model) and so on...

I tested it with Neutron again - ~60 min with different tracks, different time.... no problems with micro gaps. It seems, FiiO designed the FiiO music app NOT only for ONE model just for all the models of the same range (M range). That's the reason why the issue reproduces at all M devices....

A normal 3rd party app will have the same problem - my preferred gonemad player reproduces the same error - it's not adapated to this model.
Neutron does not reproduce this issue, it's seems it's adapated to the M11 model (as discussed in Neutron forum)....maybe some hardware settings have to adapt (latency for example)....

It seems Samsung's SoC / BT chip is not really working with standard settings....
Have you had this issue with the M11 when you first got it? You seemed quite content with the DAP when you first got it. What lead you to deciding to purchase the M11 when you've had issues with FiiO's other players in the past?

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #5,662 of 9,288
anyone try firmware 1.06? is it any better the 1.05?
I don't think so. I stayed 1.05. Didn't have any problems or complaints that were addressed by 1.06 so why ruin it? As far as I know 1.06 threw away the suitcase and now just leaves all the icons on the front page. Looks horrible, but can be cleaned up by throwing them all into a folder on the first page, but the whole thing is really stupid. Also Pure music mode. Sounds great. We all wanted it, but problem is that its not real. Its just fakery and lies apparently. No reduction in battery usage and all the apps are still running in background.

Aug 3, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #5,665 of 9,288
Has anyone here tried the Cayin N6ii? I know there's been comparisons against the DX220 and R6 Pro(I think?), but haven't seen anything with the Cayin

Aug 3, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #5,666 of 9,288
Has anyone here tried the Cayin N6ii? I know there's been comparisons against the DX220 and R6 Pro(I think?), but haven't seen anything with the Cayin
Many has or had both.

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #5,669 of 9,288
Try out the Hiby app, I have been very impressed wit it, go into the MSEB settings and have a play around, you can make some awesome changes

I dislike the UI and slowness of the Hiby app. Besides as I stated full hires digital out works perfectly ok on the FiiO app for the occasional times I want to plug in to my Marantz

All other times I’m using the wonderful Poweramp app now that I’ve purchased it

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #5,670 of 9,288

If you have cover art in those folders, a number of players will skip or go blank for a second or more ,, remove the cover art on a folder that was skipping, update library... then try and play again.
What happens?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back