[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Aug 3, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #5,672 of 9,288
So they detect hiss with the world’s most sensitive IEMs and then make a blanket statement like “we don’t recommend the M11 for use with IEMs”? These guys are clowns.

Actually, I just got the M11 today and there is some obviously noticeable hiss with the Andromedas (compared to my Shangling M0 and XDP300R which have zero). However, it’s not that noticeable when the music is running.

I’ll confirm with my other IEMs later. But this would be an area of improvement of FiiO makes a new version or other DAPs in the future.

Aug 4, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #5,673 of 9,288
Good morning, I noticed the next bug. Since FW 1.0.6, the FiiO Music Player reacts extremely sluggishly when switching between Bluetooth and wired headphones. It takes me at least a minute for a sound to come out of my headphones. This was the case before the hard reset and has remained so afterwards. It doesn't matter if pure music mode or Android mode is used. Has anyone had similar experiences. Thank you. Greeting.

I'm also use diffrent third party apps. Neutron, Audials Player pro, Player Pro, Deezer... These apps makes no problems. Only the FiiO Musik Player... For me is that a software bug.. @FiiO Support, please check this and fix it... Thanks. Under FW 1.0.5 the FiiO Musik Player makes no problems...

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #5,674 of 9,288
Actually, I just got the M11 today and there is some obviously noticeable hiss with the Andromedas (compared to my Shangling M0 and XDP300R which have zero). However, it’s not that noticeable when the music is running.

I’ll confirm with my other IEMs later. But this would be an area of improvement of FiiO makes a new version or other DAPs in the future.

12.6 ohms is the ANDOS rated ohms.

The Shangling M0 80mw@ 32ohm

The XDP300R32outputs 93.57mw@ 32ohm

The M11 outputs 225mw@ 32ohm (its is rated for IEMS over 16 ohms)

At almost double the power of the XDP300R and triple the Shangling M0, Could this be this cause of your hiss.

I think some might sugest IFI iEMatch to resolve this but cant say as I never have this issue. https://ifi-audio.com/products/iematch/

Sorry if I'm wrong

Happy Sunday to all :)

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #5,675 of 9,288

Yes that’s what I was saying. The Andromedas will have some hiss with the M11 because they’re under the recommended impedance for the M11 (but like you say it’s slight). But to then make a statement (like they did in that review) that the M11 is not recommended for IEMs is downright misleading, since most IEMs will have a higher than 16ohm impedance. Andromeda users know to be careful with their sources, or to use an IEMatch.

Aug 4, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #5,679 of 9,288
12.6 ohms is the ANDOS rated ohms.

The Shangling M0 80mw@ 32ohm

The XDP300R32outputs 93.57mw@ 32ohm

The M11 outputs 225mw@ 32ohm (its is rated for IEMS over 16 ohms)

At almost double the power of the XDP300R and triple the Shangling M0, Could this be this cause of your hiss.

I think some might sugest IFI iEMatch to resolve this but cant say as I never have this issue. https://ifi-audio.com/products/iematch/

Sorry if I'm wrong

Happy Sunday to all :)
With great power comes great responsibility. (Sorry, couldn’t help myself!)

As in, you need to match your IEMs to the source. Andromedas don’t do well with powerful sources. Which is why IEMatch is routinely prescribed with Andromedas (although that can also sometimes mess with FR).

Aug 4, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #5,680 of 9,288
With great power comes great responsibility. (Sorry, couldn’t help myself!)

As in, you need to match your IEMs to the source. Andromedas don’t do well with powerful sources. Which is why IEMatch is routinely prescribed with Andromedas (although that can also sometimes mess with FR).

"I'M JUJOE!!!!!!!" in a gruff voice :p ( Actually own a batsuit I was very very drunk)

Aug 4, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #5,681 of 9,288
I'm also waiting for the M11 to arrive.
I am very anxious to hear how my headphones sound at the moment:
- Audio-Technica ATH-SR9
- Sony WH-1000XM3
- 1MORE Triple Driver
- KZ AS10
and others.
I believe that among all those that I have the greatest satisfactions will give me Audio Tecnica.
But I'm also considering buying Fiio, I'm still undecided between FH5 and FH7. I still don't know what the real differences between the two are.

Aug 4, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #5,682 of 9,288
- Audio-Technica ATH-SR9
- Sony WH-1000XM3
- 1MORE Triple Driver
- KZ AS10
and others.
I believe that among all those that I have the greatest satisfactions will give me Audio Tecnica.
But I'm also considering buying Fiio, I'm still undecided between FH5 and FH7. I still don't know what the real differences between the two are.

Happy listening buddy and hope you enjoy it, just a word of caution tho I think the KZ AS10 are known to hiss due to low 14ohms to power them :) (some have reported)

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #5,683 of 9,288
- Audio-Technica ATH-SR9
- Sony WH-1000XM3
- 1MORE Triple Driver
- KZ AS10
and others.
Yes be wary of the AS10 ‘hiss’. The FH7 is more neutral/resolving/bright than the more fun-but-still-linear FH5. The FH7 is also more comfortable (for me, but only slightly), and has a deeper but slightly narrower stage than the FH5. Both are different enough to be complementary but I couldn’t afford both and the extra resolution and refinement of the FH7 won me over, so the FH5 had to (reluctantly) go. I think (my own opinion only) the FH7 will surpass most if not all of your other headphones and IEMs.

Aug 4, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #5,684 of 9,288

FH5 are BASStastic and I use outside so I can ignore everyone :)

Dance and electronic music is mainly what I have on when outside, it can get a little dark some times but It never over the top for me.

Frankie Knuckles, Laurent Garnier, Jeff Mills, Aphex Twin to name but a few.

Hope that made sense

FH7 might get bought today on preorder, Us Scot's with our short arms and deeper pockets :p

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #5,685 of 9,288
FH5 are BASStastic and I use outside so I can ignore everyone :)

Dance and electronic music is mainly what I have on when outside, it can get a little dark some times but It never over the top for me.

Frankie Knuckles, Laurent Garnier, Jeff Mills, Aphex Twin to name but a few.

Hope that made sense
Jeff Mills ? Thats me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back