[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Aug 4, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #5,687 of 9,288
thank you all for the advice. The AS10 can't find the right plug for my ears and they always slip out. They are also very cheap and I would like something better. I am attracted by the FH7s but I'm afraid they don't go very low, I like House electronic music.
In order to listen in a balanced and pure way I believe that with the Audio Tecnica I get this.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #5,688 of 9,288
thank you all for the advice. The AS10 can't find the right plug for my ears and they always slip out. They are also very cheap and I would like something better. I am attracted by the FH7s but I'm afraid they don't go very low, I like House electronic music.

If you can Demo FH5 :)

It also might be worth looking in the pre-owned section here.

I am considering to sell my pair here but never done any trading so i'm a little cautious.

Any advice would be great for other members.

Aug 4, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #5,690 of 9,288
How much would you want for your FH5?

I was thinking 125 without the tips, well the ones I've used anyway.

Would have every thing else.

Are you still selling your set?

Aug 4, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #5,691 of 9,288
I'd be a buyer at that price but would want all the original tips. PM me your PayPal address if that is OK with you.

I have FA1 (Don't like), F9 Pro and FA7. Not sure about the FA7. A bit too low end for me. Might try to EQ them before I think about selling.

Aug 4, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #5,692 of 9,288
I'd be a buyer at that price but would want all the original tips. PM me your PayPal address if that is OK with you.

I have FA1 (Don't like), F9 Pro and FA7. Not sure about the FA7. A bit too low end for me. Might try to EQ them before I think about selling.

I'll pm you some pics :) Give me 30 mins

Aug 4, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #5,693 of 9,288
Thanks. I'm off out for breakfast now but will reply as soon as I get back in. If you could hold them for me until I reply, that would be great. I've had FH5's before and if you apply Brooko's EQ (-4dB at 2Khz and -2dB at 1Khz), they sound great. It's just the fit is a bit shallow.

Aug 4, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #5,694 of 9,288
I'm going to repost this here since I just noticed the devs for Neutron just discoverd the same thing... :grimacing:

@JamesFiiO @FiiO I'm on the latest firmware and I've just confirmed via logcat what someone said early in the thread (can't find it anymore). Even if I can play DSD256 files, the actual output is 16-bit / 88.2KHz instead of 24-bit / 352.8kHz. This is happening even in the latest version of the FiiO App. When is this going to be fixed and why does the FiiO App lie about the sample rate?

And I don't think there's an answer yet from @FiiO or @JamesFiiO (at least acknowledging the problem and explaining why FiiO Music shows a false output...).

Info from Neutron: DSD256 is not supported by firmware and FiiO Music player outputs DSD256 as 16/88200 PCM according logcat logs.

Aug 4, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #5,695 of 9,288
I'm going to repost this here since I just noticed the devs for Neutron just discoverd the same thing... :grimacing:

And I don't think there's an answer yet from @FiiO or @JamesFiiO (at least acknowledging the problem and explaining why FiiO Music shows a false output...).

Info from Neutron: DSD256 is not supported by firmware and FiiO Music player outputs DSD256 as 16/88200 PCM according logcat logs.

Nice find buddy thanks for the info :)

Aug 4, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #5,696 of 9,288

I wrote a letter to their support team. Let's see what they answer if they answer.

Aug 4, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #5,697 of 9,288

https://www.mojo-audio.com/blog/dsd-vs-pcm-myth-vs-truth/ This may be why. Lots of good info there.

Aug 4, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #5,698 of 9,288
12.6 ohms is the ANDOS rated ohms.

The Shangling M0 80mw@ 32ohm

The XDP300R32outputs 93.57mw@ 32ohm

The M11 outputs 225mw@ 32ohm (its is rated for IEMS over 16 ohms)

At almost double the power of the XDP300R and triple the Shangling M0, Could this be this cause of your hiss.

I think some might sugest IFI iEMatch to resolve this but cant say as I never have this issue. https://ifi-audio.com/products/iematch/

Sorry if I'm wrong

Happy Sunday to all :)

Yes that’s what I was saying. The Andromedas will have some hiss with the M11 because they’re under the recommended impedance for the M11 (but like you say it’s slight). But to then make a statement (like they did in that review) that the M11 is not recommended for IEMs is downright misleading, since most IEMs will have a higher than 16ohm impedance. Andromeda users know to be careful with their sources, or to use an IEMatch.

Thanks for the input and breakdowns.

My experiences:

Empire Ears Supra-II (2.5mm balanced) - hissing like a waterfall
Andromeda - noticeable hiss, especially in quiet areas of a track
Orion - same as Andromeda
K10 - none
Moondrop A8 - none
EX1000 - none
FH7 - dead silent
ER4SR (haven't tested, but based on impedance) = probably dead silent

I believe this confirms with what you guys are explaining above. Anything <16 Ohm impedance = issues. BAs are probably more prone.

Aside from that, after a brief listen tells me (hiss aside), good pairing include: M11 + Andromedas / Orions / A8 / FH7 <- sound very resolving and pleasant together. XDP300R sounds better with K10 + EX1000 + ER4SR = detail monsters.

Will post more impressions as I spend more time with it.

Aug 4, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #5,699 of 9,288
Thanks for the input and breakdowns.

My experiences:

Empire Ears Supra-II (2.5mm balanced) - hissing like a waterfall
Andromeda - noticeable hiss, especially in quiet areas of a track
Orion - same as Andromeda
K10 - none
Moondrop A8 - none
EX1000 - none
FH7 - dead silent
ER4SR (haven't tested, but based on impedance) = probably dead silent

I believe this confirms with what you guys are explaining above. Anything <16 Ohm impedance = issues. BAs are probably more prone.

Aside from that, after a brief listen tells me (hiss aside), good pairing include: M11 + Andromedas / Orions / A8 / FH7 <- sound very resolving and pleasant together. XDP300R sounds better with K10 + EX1000 + ER4SR = detail monsters.

Will post more impressions as I spend more time with it.
I can confirm FH5 and FH7 are both dead silent with the M11, even at high volume/high gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back