[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Aug 3, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #5,642 of 9,288
Hmm...I also have been using my XM2 in LDAC on the m11 with Fiio music and no micro-gaps. Also the Fiio EQ works great with LDAC and over all as a reductive eq works great. Nice for evening out that midbass hump that these Sony headphones have, and bringing balance back to lowend.

Aug 3, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #5,643 of 9,288
I'm green with envy no place inscotland could I demo 95% of the Audio gear I'd like to :p
This has been puzzling me ever since I have got into this HiRes stuff a couple of months ago. It's easy choosing a player online but how do people decide which ear or headphones they are going to buy as each model sounds so different ? I live in a middling sized city but there is nowhere near me that has a reasonable range to listen to so I have had to rely on reading reviews backed up by Amazons returns policy but that is not acceptable once you have done it a couple of times.

Aug 3, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #5,644 of 9,288
What app you using ? I cant see fade in the FiiO options sorry

I meant when track is ending :wink: Fiio Music only. And Tidal.

Aug 3, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #5,645 of 9,288
This has been puzzling me ever since I have got into this HiRes stuff a couple of months ago. It's easy choosing a player online but how do people decide which ear or headphones they are going to buy as each model sounds so different ? I live in a middling sized city but there is nowhere near me that has a reasonable range to listen to so I have had to rely on reading reviews backed up by Amazons returns policy but that is not acceptable once you have done it a couple of times.

Ask people here for advice based on what sound signature you prefer and what style of music you listen too. Also what is your budget?

Aug 3, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #5,646 of 9,288

For IEM's I do a list Price, Drivers, Looks and extras like cables and score each area add it all and top wins "jump off the edge "Audiohobo away!!!!!!!!!"

Aug 3, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #5,647 of 9,288
4 mate here is a pic of the cable that comes with M11

As Juioe said, 4 for a remote and a Line out using coaxial cable.

Aug 3, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #5,648 of 9,288
I meant when track is ending :wink: Fiio Music only. And Tidal.

Oh sh!t buddy never had distortion with tunes that faded out :frowning2: Is this only via bluetooth to the sonys or hardwired aswell?

Aug 3, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #5,649 of 9,288
The X5-3 is denser in sound, more massive at low frequencies. M11 gives more details, a wider and deeper imaginary scene (the sound is more voluminous), low frequencies are deeper with better resolution. M11 is a step to a more natural sound, to a more "adult" sound. M11 sound is a completely different device, not like x5-3. I did not regret switching from x5-3 to M11.
I also own the X5-3, and really like its smooth and warm sound signature! The fact that M11 is more neutral (i.e. less warm) worries me a little that I might not like its sound as much...
I did audition the M11 with FH5 and FH7 at CanJam, and it did sound great, but that was a 10-minute audition. Big question for me is how I would feel after 2 hours of listening to this combo? would I get fatigued after 45 minutes??

Aug 3, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #5,650 of 9,288
I also own the X5-3, and really like its smooth and warm sound signature! The fact that M11 is more neutral (i.e. less warm) worries me a little that I might not like its sound as much...
I did audition the M11 with FH5 and FH7 at CanJam, and it did sound great, but that was a 10-minute audition. Big question for me is how I would feel after 2 hours of listening to this combo? would I get fatigued after 45 minutes??

Watching which headphones you will listen to the M11. I with FH5 can listen for hours and not get tired. So here, most likely a lot will depend on the headphones that you pick for the M11.

Aug 3, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #5,652 of 9,288
I'm fighting the urge to splurge on a set of FH7 to replace my FH5,

The Handbag Queen and her dirty looks are putting the breaks on it fast "You dont require those do you? Thats what you would say to me!" I've been told
I have just had to place a back order with AMP so I could get the cash back which ends soon. Unfortunately my wife saw the page on my tablet and said she couldnt believe how I could spend nearly a hundred pounds on some earphones.

I thought it was probably better not to tell her that it was actually for the new silver balanced cable

Aug 3, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #5,653 of 9,288
I have just had to place a back order with AMP so I could get the cash back which ends soon. Unfortunately my wife saw the page on my tablet and said she couldnt believe how I could spend nearly a hundred pounds on some earphones.

I thought it was probably better not to tell her that it was actually for the new silver balanced cable

Keep it secret keep it safe :wink:

Aug 3, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #5,654 of 9,288
Oh sh!t buddy never had distortion with tunes that faded out :frowning2: Is this only via bluetooth to the sonys or hardwired aswell?

Only on a Bluetooth connection. I will try other codecs too, didn't checked it still. It looks like some LDAC issues on DAP side, because my OnePlus 6 works ok with Sonys. I will investigate it further and let you know guys. Someone noticed this kind of issue? As far as I know it was mentioned by some people on a some Polish audio forum which I am a member.

Aug 3, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #5,655 of 9,288
So on my aac files that won't play on the M11, if I play them on Linux with VLC and query the metadata, VLC says the codec it's using is 'MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)', for the files with .aac suffix. Is there something about that which isn't supported by the M11, or which needs alternative file extensions or metadata?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back